Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone....been MIA for a bit.

How's everything Lisa, Jackie, Kenza, Maureen, Aya, Sarah...anyone else I missed.

Sharifah & Beth...good luck to you both coming up!

I hope everyone is well. My husband and I are working hard on getting our photography business up and running. Found out we could buy studio equipment super cheap if we hit is just right on ebay...so that is a big help. I had an interview for a part time job on Friday and the woman was talking to me like I was already hired. She said that as long as my criminal background check comes back fine then I am hired. She said she would call me yesterday...but I didn't hear anything from her. What I am really hoping is that I can work the part time job and get enough photography business that I can quite this place I'm at now...too much stress and people throwing each other under the bus, plus calling each other names and cursing them out as soon as they walk out the door! Its nuts.

Anyway...hubby passed the written part of his driver's license test last week and now he just has the driving part...please pray for him. I think that will help him find a job much easier once he can say he has his license.

Take care ladies!

Amanda

Was able to view your pictures on FB!!! They are beautiful!! Wonderful job sweetie!!

Congratulations to your hubby! He will do just fine! :thumbs:

Thanks so much Maureen & Jeanne! I really hope that finally this is something that will take off for us! I have been taking pictures since I was in like the 5th grade and I became much more "snap happy" when my daughter was born. It is something that I love to do and it would be a dream come true to finally have a job that I LOVE to do. :)

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Did anyone get family members to write a letter stating that they are aware of their relationship and can't wait for the happy couple to be together in the US? I was wondering if it would help to take such a letter to the interview or if it would look silly. If it will help I'll do it, but if it will just make me look like an overgrown child with a field-trip permission slip from mommy then I'd rather not. :blush:

we sent those with the k3 packet, so the CO had already saw them before they interviewed... weather they actually looked or not, I dont know.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Amanda,

that sounds great! Maybe the backgroud check is still out and she wants to make sure you arent an axe murderer before calling :P Good Luck on that! You will be much more peaceful once you get out of that crazy office.

great for Raad! did he drive back home or is this completely new to him?

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Amanda,

that sounds great! Maybe the backgroud check is still out and she wants to make sure you arent an axe murderer before calling :P Good Luck on that! You will be much more peaceful once you get out of that crazy office.

Thanks Lisa...I'm ready to get out of this crazy place too!

Raad didn't have a license in Jordan, but he did drive a lot anyway so it isn't completely new to him.....but I still have to remind him a lot that we aren't in Jordan and we don't have to drive like the car is on fire! :blink:

Timeline
Amanda,

Raad didn't have a license in Jordan, but he did drive a lot anyway so it isn't completely new to him.....but I still have to remind him a lot that we aren't in Jordan and we don't have to drive like the car is on fire! :blink:

:lol: well at least its not like learning from scratch.

Thanks!

Amanda,

True...yet I am not looking forward to trying to teach him how to paralell park & the three point turn. I am hoping my Dad will show him! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

JACKIE, what? Well, I know how to find you! Can't hide from me :P 67days....coming up fast! For sure, I will see ya around :yes:

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline
Amanda,

True...yet I am not looking forward to trying to teach him how to paralell park & the three point turn. I am hoping my Dad will show him! :)

lol the first time Y drove after he got the permit he tried a turnabout(3 point turn).. I was like, um...you ready for this? he wasnt...we'll just leave it at that :P

He's getting much more comfortable now. He had never driven before so everything is new, and I have a big car which he is not used to either and not to mention our narrow nieghborhood streets. I learned in Cali where all the streets are wider and there werent any one ways, much easier there!

:waves at Jackie:

Edited by Y's_habibitk

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
...dropping in to say "67 days." I have asked Ewok to disable my account. Wishing only the best for those waiting. Good luck in your journies.

jJ (F)

Well I saw you were missing from facebook too and now I read you're asking Ewok to disable your account. With 67 days to go I send you my best wishes and understanding. It was really nice to know you for the time that we had together. You were a great support to many here and I hope that you keep a choice few friends around for the remainder of your journey and know that you've been a great contributor here and that even if you disable your account you're always welcome to make a new one to come back. (F)

We were updated today and the official response is "same stuff different day". See Congressman get the same emails on our behalf too. LOL! Makes ya wonder what's the point going through them right?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi all

I know I don't post very often, but wanted to give a quick update on our case. Our interview is set for 1:30 pm. in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia... Please keep us in our prayers..

Also, no slumber party as he will be going around 4:30 am in the morning for me and though I may be awake and paranoid until I hear something, I will be pretending to try to sleep until he calls me.

I'm keeping everyone in my prayers whose going for their interviews and being reunited with their loved ones. I love reading the updates by people...so I lurk around but don't post much

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Dee

Dee Zaman

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
...dropping in to say "67 days." I have asked Ewok to disable my account. Wishing only the best for those waiting. Good luck in your journies.

jJ (F)

:crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

someone's phone isn't working :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.