mankind

Help

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

LOoking at Nigeria in africa alot of people are being put in AP or AR ,or petitions are being send back to USA

but i see other country not only in the develop world do all their process with no problem at the embassy level.

Why it is to hard for the African to have their VISAS?

Is it a problem for Africans to marry U S citizen or what ?

Is there anything we can do about this ?

what is happening in lagoes with people ,who are really inlove is horrible.

Please any advise on why this is happening will be highly appreciated .

please any response should not be combative .

i just need the reason.

thanks

i just need the reason.

The simple reason(ing) is, there is a lot of immigration fraud in (for example) Nigeria and many other countries. Like it or not, it is a fact.

Edited by Otto und Karin

Sad thing is lots of people want to get to the US so they can eventually go on welfare.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Like Karin and Otto said..some countries are "high fraud" and the consulates know that and are epecially hard on the applicants.

Knowing that, be armed with as much evidence of a bonofide relationship as humanly possible

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nigeria do not have more immigration fraud cases than say China, Philipines or even Russia, the problem is that it is easier to categorize or assume that any little mistake made by somebody from Nigeria on their application is fraud. So a lot more scrutiny is put on their files than anybody else. No country even GERMANY is completely innocent of fraudsters trying to do what they have to do to enter the US. This is not to excuse the many bad apples in Nigeria who have stained the country's image in every shape and form, but the fact remains too few Africans are welcomed in America than any other group. Somebody somewhere just wish we'll forget here and go away.

[center][/center]Citizenship Journey

04/16/12: Package sent to TX LOckbox

Nigeria do not have more immigration fraud cases than say China, Philipines or even Russia, the problem is that it is easier to categorize or assume that any little mistake made by somebody from Nigeria on their application is fraud. So a lot more scrutiny is put on their files than anybody else. No country even GERMANY is completely innocent of fraudsters trying to do what they have to do to enter the US. This is not to excuse the many bad apples in Nigeria who have stained the country's image in every shape and form, but the fact remains too few Africans are welcomed in America than any other group. Somebody somewhere just wish we'll forget here and go away.

PLEASE site your source for your FACT, discrimination is wrong - even when it is you against Americans.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Like Karin and Otto said..some countries are "high fraud" and the consulates know that and are epecially hard on the applicants.

Knowing that, be armed with as much evidence of a bonofide relationship as humanly possible

Thanks ,why are there high fraud ,what are they doing that is fraudulent ?

Its seems as if the CO in lagoes thinks that everybodys case is a fraud ?

How do they now that a case is fraud ,when they even refuse to see the evidence of relationship

prepared by the petitioner.

thanks again.

Please i can understand your situation and the pains .

i just need the reason.

The simple reason(ing) is, there is a lot of immigration fraud in (for example) Nigeria and many other countries. Like it or not, it is a fact.

Would you please list your facts here base

on what you have said ?

I will be really happy to have the Facts..

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How do they now that a case is fraud ,when they even refuse to see the evidence of relationship

thanks again.

There are people in Nigeria that scam people from dating sites for money. Some of the victims are so taken in by the fake words of love that they continue to be "in love" even when they know their imaginary rich white lover is a poor African. Some of these criminals will then try to talk to victim into a marriage. I know 2 people that are like that. Because of things like this USCIS makes everyone work extra hard to show that they are in a real relationship. There have been people on this board that have no more than landed in the US and are asking for how to file for a green hard based on divorce. I think they let as many fraudsters in as they prevent good couples from being together in a timely manner.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

thanks again.

There are people in Nigeria that scam people from dating sites for money. Some of the victims are so taken in by the fake words of love that they continue to be "in love" even when they know their imaginary rich white lover is a poor African. Some of these criminals will then try to talk to victim into a marriage. I know 2 people that are like that. Because of things like this USCIS makes everyone work extra hard to show that they are in a real relationship. There have been people on this board that have no more than landed in the US and are asking for how to file for a green hard based on divorce. I think they let as many fraudsters in as they prevent good couples from being together in a timely manner.

Very Very good answer ,

I can understand now .

Thanks Alot

but i think only 1% of nigerians are fraudulent .

I Also think that most highly fraudulent activities in African is

as a result of the french colonisation of African

The french Govement is till supporting African leader who are in power

for more that 30 year beacause this leader supply the poor french economy

with raw materials.the british where also in African but they are not doing any fraudulent activities in African.

thanks for your information ,i need more .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

thanks again.

well said and explained. :)

Like someone else said, there is fraud everywhere and just because someone comes from a "western/european" country doesnt mean that they arent ictching for a US passport or just a way out of their current situation. However, there are countries that have a higher "count" of fraud and therefore USCIS and the consulates are very "aware" and thus harder on the applicants. Usually the story(in the case of fraud) is pretty much the same and they look for those "red flags" and go from there. There are stories on VJ of people who interviewed and didnt even get a chance to present thier evidence, that is a sad thing. Its best to frontload the petition(put in proof of bonofides) in this instance and then the CO has a chance to see the evidence before they even interview. The best thing to do when preparing for an interview is to be honest and look for your red flags and be ready to address them with confidence.

Are you planning on filing for your SO from africa or are you involved with a USC? Or are you just curious?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Sad thing is lots of people want to get to the US so they can eventually go on welfare.

IS there any welfare in US , i think only in Europe?

Did you went to the US to go to welfare or to marry and improved your life

from the P?????

I'm all in favor of going to the US to improve ones life just so the tax payers don't have to pay for it!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

One of the reasons they look so hard is so many people are good at hiding their fraud or even really believe in it. Many Americans are lonely and spend time online. They talk to people they find there. There are people wanting to come to the US so badly they hang out in places that this kind of person may. They look for people that have online pages that say they are newly divorced, and have pictures that depict a less than beautiful person. SO they strike up a relationship and tell this person they are in love. They arrange to meet this and treat them like royalty. The US citizen truly thinks they have found real love. The other person is seeing green card. They will have plenty of photos to show that they have a relationship. They talk all the time on the phone and online. How different does this look than the relationship most people here are presenting.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.