ACINLOVE

I-693, DS-3025 TB test! Help please.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I am a K1 holder and I am preparing the documents for AOS.

I did the medical examination oversee before the interview at the Consulate.

The Consulate gave me back an enveloppe with x-ray and vaccination record. No blood exam documents.

I couldn't understand anything about what I will need on the I-693. I read many thread but it's very confusing. :blink:

I don't want to risk to receive and RFE because of missing documents. Some people sending just the DS3025 received a RFE.

I already called 6 civil surgeon in the NYC area and nobody will transcipt the vaccination (they want the full medical again done!). I don't think they did the tubercolosi test so I will need also that one done in the US.

Is there anybody willing to help me?

Do I have to send the complete I-693 (do I have to do again blood exam for first part?).

Anybody knows an honest civil surgeon in NYC?

Many thanks

AC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Many people here on VJ use Dr. Arnold from Austin, TX who only charges $30 to fill out the I-693. It is legal and less expensive. You can do a search here on VJ to find his info.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Call

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel:

Fax: (512) 447-4699

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

How do I know if they did Tb test? I only know that oversee they did 2 extra shots for vaccination.

I cannot find on the DS3025 the tb test.

I called Dr Arnold and left voicemail but now I am concerned about the tubercolosi test.

AC

Here's what I think---just an opinion because it's not in writing.

There's lots of people doing the same adjustment of status that were in the US already for various reasons on other visas. So not everybody answering you or filing the same AOS forms are K1s like you. About a year ago they came out with these new TB skin test rules and everybody, especially K1s, got in a tizzy because it just didn't quite make sense with the K1 process. I've been following it that long.

It makes sense to get a TB test if you're starting you whole medical process in the US. It's easier than a chest x-ray. So those people get a skin test and only if that makes a bump a certain size do they get an x-ray to rule out TB. The Civil Surgeon does every part of the I-693 on that person....the whole shebang.

But if you're a K1, you already got a medical just a few months ago. You also got a chest x-ray and the doctor wrote on your records that you are clear of TB (or maybe that you had it.) So the point is to know who has TB and needs treatment before they spread it around the USA. That's where those new rules made no sense. Why get a lesser test for TB if you've already had a more extensive one (x-ray)? When we filed it was right at the change and K1s were scrambling to get TB tests and wondering how it would be recorded on an immunization sheet. Dr. Arnold doesn't fill in your TB skin test results. It's not in the immunization section. It's not an immunization. It's a TEST just like a blood test.

We decided to ignore TB skin test because USCIS should see that the doctor in England said there was no TB from looking at the x-ray and that's all they really want to know. It turned out fine and EAD/AP and green card were received without RFE. Since last fall, the TB test has become more of a non-issue with hundreds ignoring that requirement if they had a chest x-ray at their medical exam for K1. Before you ask if you should mail your chest x-ray in with AOS....NO because your lack of TB is recorded by you overseas doctor. The folks at USCIS are not medical doctors and don't read x-rays. Unless you were told you had some latent form of TB and need to do a medical follow up with a doctor in the US, then doing only the immunization sheet correctly should be just fine without having to do a TB skin test.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Poster! you gotta listen to Nich-Nick....

She's just right!

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

Timeline

Thanks for all your replies. :thumbs:

Just to be 100% sure I would like to ask you if there is is a USCIS phone # where I can call and ask exactly what I should send (I-693 or only Ds-3025) and if the tubercolosi test is not needed because I had x-ray done 3 weeks ago.

Thanks.

AC

How do I know if they did Tb test? I only know that oversee they did 2 extra shots for vaccination.

I cannot find on the DS3025 the tb test.

I called Dr Arnold and left voicemail but now I am concerned about the tubercolosi test.

You would know a TB skin test because they would put a needle under the skin on the inside of your arm below the elbow. The fluid would just go under the skin and puff it out a little. It's not a shot that goes deep into the muscle. Just fluid right under the skin. In 3 days you would have had to go back for the doctor to look at your arm to see if it had made a big red bump (sign of TB) or if it was barely able to be seen (no TB.) The answer to your second part is a TB skin test is not on the DS3025 because it is not an immunization even though it has a needle. An immunization prevents you from getting a disease, but a TB skin test is just a test to see if you have a disease. A chest x-ray is another way to see if you have TB.

Thanks for all your replies. :thumbs:

Just to be 100% sure I would like to ask you if there is is a USCIS phone # where I can call and ask exactly what I should send (I-693 or only Ds-3025) and if the tubercolosi test is not needed because I had x-ray done 3 weeks ago.

Thanks.

You can call the general number for customer service that is on any notices you have received from them. Here is a webpage published last summer that got everybody talking about the TST because it was new changes to the policy.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

From that page:

Q: Who is required to have a TB test?

All applicants two years of age or older are required to have a tuberculin skin test (TST). Children younger than age two are required to have a TST if there is evidence of contact with a person known to have TB or if there is other reason to suspect TB. If evidence of TB infection is found, a chest x-ray is required. Any person with a positive skin test reaction of more than 5mm will also be required to undergo a chest x-ray.

(Do you see from reading that, a chest x-ray is Step 2 only for people who had a bad Step 1 (the skin test.) But as K1s, we had already done Step 2, so why go back to Step 1 if x-ray is the proof? I am just saying it's talking more people already in the US going to a Civil Surgeon for their first medical more than K1s who already did a medical and x-ray out of the US.)

Q: When did the new TB requirements become effective?

The new TB testing and treatment requirements became effective on May 1, 2008. However, CDC allowed a 30 day grace period. Therefore, any medical exam that takes place on or after June 1, 2008 must be performed in accordance with the new TB testing requirements.

(My husband had his medical just a couple of days after that June 1 deadline so we were among the first people having to figure out this non-sense with the TB skin test. The panel physicians do not give TB skin tests as part of what they are instructed to do at the visa medical exam.)

Q: Will USCIS accept Form I-693 if the civil surgeon performed a chest x-ray without the TST?

No, the civil surgeon must administer the TST, unless one of the exceptions listed in the Technical Instructions applies. If the civil surgeon performs a chest x-ray without giving the applicant the TST, the reason for omitting the TST must be noted on Form I-693.

(All I can say about this one is it's talking about a civil surgeon who is in the US and has totally different instructions and forms than the Panel Physician in the foreign country. To further confuse you....Adjustment of Status is done with the USCIS so they have their own medical forms I-693. (Their forms start with I-). But the visa comes from the Department of State a totally different part of the US government who has their own set of rules. (Their forms start with DS-) Dept of State calls their doctors panel physicians, not civil surgeons and their medical forms are numbered with DS-xxxx.)

Anyway, go get your TB skin test if you want to. But you may have to pay for a whole new medical exam to get somebody to complete that section of the I-693 since it isn't an immunization. Or you can do what others are doing and not bothering with a TB skin test since you had a x-ray that cleared you of TB. We are getting green cards without it. This forum is all about sharing experiences we have had. I'm sharing that our personal experience is a K1 can get a green card without a TB test. I know others by name who did the same. Do what you feel best doing.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This all makes sense, but if someone calls USCIS to clarify can you post the response on here. We can get the TB skin test done at the clinic for little, and in order to avoid an RFE, it is worth it to me. As my fiance isn't here yet, we haven't contacted a civil surgeon to transcribe the form for us, and if we can't find one that will transcribe without the complete physical, then we may go with Dr. Arnold. I remember reading a thread on here somewhere that USCIS was starting to question people who lived far from Dr. Arnold but were having their forms transcribed by him, so that will probably be our last choice.

event.png

This all makes sense, but if someone calls USCIS to clarify can you post the response on here. We can get the TB skin test done at the clinic for little, and in order to avoid an RFE, it is worth it to me. As my fiance isn't here yet, we haven't contacted a civil surgeon to transcribe the form for us, and if we can't find one that will transcribe without the complete physical, then we may go with Dr. Arnold. I remember reading a thread on here somewhere that USCIS was starting to question people who lived far from Dr. Arnold but were having their forms transcribed by him, so that will probably be our last choice.

Could be but all's I know is 2 of my friends here in Hawaii used Dr. Arnold with no problems. I've no idea why distance would make a difference.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I read one thread where a person at an interview, (forgot where...maybe Wisconsin or Minnesota or Tennessee) had the officer ask why they used a Dr. in Texas, but didn't fail them for it. (I'll find the thread if I can.) I've read many threads where people write "people are getting questioned", "USCIS is crackin down on using Dr. Arnold" but it's all hearsay. It's somebody reporting what somebody else said they heard. As it passes from thread to thread it gets more off from the original person. Just like you said it in this thread, but 55 people will read that and spread on that they heard something even different. There is not much real evidence that Dr. Arnold is not acceptable. I've studied everything having to do with the TB skin test and transcribing to the I-693 since last summer since we were the start of the new rule. It's been an obsession of mine and I read alot of hearsay people pass on. I used to study every thread by people who got an RFE for a medical, but it was more often because the medical had been lost by USCIS. I've read everything the CDC has about immunizations. All the instructions to Panel Physicians and to Civil Surgeons. The 800 customer service number will read off something, but they won't give you a real clear answer any more than that link I gave earlier. All I can say is we decided to not do an I-693 or a TB skin test and see what happened. Test out the new rules that didn't quite make sense. Result: Green card with no RFE. I have kept a list of others who later did the same thing...names and date of green card. It got long and I was convinced so quit updating it. Please understand that the DS3025 will not work unless every AOS shot needed was given in the foreign country and recorded by the Panel Physician. Any shot given in the US has to be on the I-693. The list of shots is in this document. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5753-Immunization.pdf

I'm not advocating one or the other, just telling what we personally did.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I have a real vested interest in this topic as i was diagnosed with TB at the age of 12 (1987) i am now 34, at NOA2 stage in my K1 visa application but really worried about my medical or getting refused due to my previous history of TB.

I have a letter from my doctor already typed out confirming dates and medication etc. i have 3 letters originally sent to my GP back in the 80's.

Does anyone have any experience of my issues?

I have looked for many months on this and many other Visa sites but no-one seems to have ever had TB just been diagnosed incorrectly after the TST.

My problem is that they cannot give me the TST and if they X-Ray me they will see scaring on my right lung.

Im not saying they dont know what they are looking for but as i have already had it, over 20 years ago are they really qualified enough to know the difference between inactive TB scaring or non acive current TB?

Thanks in advance

PS i am due to go to London on business on the 17th could i have my medical then just in case of complications as i know my LND no? :wacko:

K1 Journey...

Visa sent: 26 March 2009

Received Visa NOA1: 06 April 2009

Received Visa NOA2: 13 August 2009

Receive Hard Copy NOA2: 18 August 2009

Arrived at NVC: 19 August 2009

NVC to Consulate: 24 August 2009

Consulate Received: 28 August 2009

Receive Packet 3: 14 September 2009

Return Packet 3 to Embassy: 15 September 2009

Receive Packet 4: 2 October 2009

Medical: 18 September 2009

Interview: 27 October 2009

Flight: December 7th 2009

Wedding Date: 13th February 2010

AOS Journey...

AOS, EAD and AP Sent: 03 March 2010

Received NOA's for I485, I131 and I765: 13 March 2010

Received Biometrics Letter: 17 March 2010 (Taken 07 April)

Received RFE: 24 March 2010 (Medical I693-DS3025)

Responded to RFE: 1 April 2010

I485 Transfered to CSC: 12 April 2010

AP Approved: 2nd May 2010

EAD Approved: 3rd May 2010

ROC Journey...

ROC Packet Sent: 20 February 2012

Received NOA: 29 February 2012 (Dated 24th)

Received Biometrics Letter: March 5th 2012

Biometrics Appointment: March 23rd 2012

AP Approved: 26th Oct 2012

Received 10 Year GC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.