Ney

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers

4,349 posts in this topic

Ty I just got my biometrics appt for jan 20. Super excited now.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around for a few weeks. It's been hectic..

We got home from the Turkey/Michigan trip and had to head right to Singapore.Then back to Michigan for Christmas. Cancelled the Vegas/New Years part of our trip ( I will tell you why in a minute). We have traveled too much, and was supposed to leave for Jamaica next week, but cancelled that too.

Christmas was nice.. it was Fuat's first christmas ever and he was like a 4 year old waiting for santa. It was soooo cute to see him run to the tree in the morning to see all the gifts. :) My whole family loved it.. and it felt like we had a true "santa" type christmas like when you have young kids in the house.

Kayla, what happened with the job search in Iowa

Karen, do you have the greencard yet? I didnt' see you post anything about it.

Maggie, congrats on the biometrics appointment

Krystle, I don't know what to say except that God is with you and you will have a beautiful baby.. regardless.

Frenzy.. how are things on your end?

OK.. now for my news... I was going to wait until after the first of the year, but just really needed to talk to all of you this morning so decided not to wait. I don't want to depress anyone on New Year's eve.. so forgive me for not waiting...

Fuat has decided to leave. He bought his ticket yesterday and goes home on January 10th.

We haven't had it easy.. and he has said a few times that he was going to go home. Just couldn't take the cultural differences any more.. but this time he actually bought a ticket.

A part of me wishes he had gotten one and left immediately, so I wouldn't have to sit and count down the days to when he is going to leave me... It gives me 10 more days of suffering while I watch him pack, etc.

I can only pray he changes his mind, or that he will come back.. but I know the truth. He won't. He is used to a culture where women don't work, or only work in part time jobs in retail stores, etc. He is not used to women in executive positions, who aren't home to cook dinner at a certain time and who get business calls when they are not at work.. can't always answer the phone when they are at work because they are in meetings, etc.

My job has been a huge problem for us... I have been looking for a new job, preferrably in Michigan near my family, but he doesn't understand why I have to look for director or VP jobs.. why can't I just get a job as a sales person somewhere an work part time.

Oh.. I dont' know.. let me see. Because we need to eat! Pay morgage, etc. Yes, let's have me leave a $100K a year job, with insurance, bonuses, 401K & Profit sharing to be a sales person somewhere part time.

OH.. forgive my ranting. I am just so heartbroken and have no one to turn to.

I haven't told most of my family yet. Just my mom.. and she's heartbroken too, but told me if he is going to be like that I have to let him go.

I can't be a village girl, from Turkey, who sits at home waiting for him. Spends the day cleaning and cooking and doesn't go out of the house without him. HE didn't even grow up in the village, he lives in Istanbul, but his parents are from the "Village" and that's how their life is.

We both thought he could adjust.. but I guess he can't.

OK.. now that I have dumped all that one you...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

I love you all

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

We got home from the Turkey/Michigan trip and had to head right to Singapore.Then back to Michigan for Christmas. Cancelled the Vegas/New Years part of our trip ( I will tell you why in a minute). We have traveled too much, and was supposed to leave for Jamaica next week, but cancelled that too.

Christmas was nice.. it was Fuat's first christmas ever and he was like a 4 year old waiting for santa. It was soooo cute to see him run to the tree in the morning to see all the gifts. :) My whole family loved it.. and it felt like we had a true "santa" type christmas like when you have young kids in the house.

Krystle, I don't know what to say except that God is with you and you will have a beautiful baby.. regardless

OK.. now for my news... I was going to wait until after the first of the year, but just really needed to talk to all of you this morning so decided not to wait. I don't want to depress anyone on New Year's eve.. so forgive me for not waiting...

Fuat has decided to leave. He bought his ticket yesterday and goes home on January 10th.

We haven't had it easy.. and he has said a few times that he was going to go home. Just couldn't take the cultural differences any more.. but this time he actually bought a ticket.

A part of me wishes he had gotten one and left immediately, so I wouldn't have to sit and count down the days to when he is going to leave me... It gives me 10 more days of suffering while I watch him pack, etc.

I can only pray he changes his mind, or that he will come back.. but I know the truth. He won't. He is used to a culture where women don't work, or only work in part time jobs in retail stores, etc. He is not used to women in executive positions, who aren't home to cook dinner at a certain time and who get business calls when they are not at work.. can't always answer the phone when they are at work because they are in meetings, etc.

My job has been a huge problem for us... I have been looking for a new job, preferrably in Michigan near my family, but he doesn't understand why I have to look for director or VP jobs.. why can't I just get a job as a sales person somewhere an work part time.

Oh.. I dont' know.. let me see. Because we need to eat! Pay morgage, etc. Yes, let's have me leave a $100K a year job, with insurance, bonuses, 401K & Profit sharing to be a sales person somewhere part time.

I haven't told most of my family yet. Just my mom.. and she's heartbroken too, but told me if he is going to be like that I have to let him go.

I can't be a village girl, from Turkey, who sits at home waiting for him. Spends the day cleaning and cooking and doesn't go out of the house without him. HE didn't even grow up in the village, he lives in Istanbul, but his parents are from the "Village" and that's how their life is.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

I love you all

I've been anxiously awaiting your post because its been so long but I'm glad you're ok, that was my major concern.

In regards to the news you just broke, I'm sorry to hear that and that was my biggest fear for you, that he wouldn't adjust to how "American women's lifestyle" but you can't blame him, he's just not used to it. I understand when you said he isn't from the village but his parents are, but you did say he was the only son and his father expects him to.... Won't go into details but you know what you said.

I'm somewhat surprised that he would decide to leave after all you too have been through, to get him here AND the struggle with your illness right after he came.

I too wish for you that he would leave instantly, as opposed to waiting, that must be hard on you.

I hope he realizes his love for you is more important than going back home but if that's his choice then what can you do...

Are you going to get a divorce before he leaves? It's not a question you want to hear but its important to discuss.

Love you Jenn :)

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Frenzy, I just re-read your post and my reply and notice that I didn't post what I wanted to say, I was so distracted. However, I hope that they agree to be your do-sponsor and that they won't change their minds ;)

Kind of just running with the whole post quoting thing. My sister and her fiance don't make enough to help. They are about $5k short, and since they don't own any property or anything like that... yeah. So we're back to square one. We're going to go try and talk to my grandfather again, and see if his (Matt's) suspicions about it just being the wrong time are correct. I found out a few days after Christmas that 2 of my cousins apparently got into a fist fight and my grandfather got in the middle and nearly got knocked over himself, so Matt could be right. If he says no, we have an aunt on my step-dad's side we're talking to, and if she says no... we're screwed. Not even going to lie, that scares the heck out of me. I feel like a failure enough as it is because I can't seem to get a job anywhere better... and when I do find a job, they call me the day of my drug screening and tell me that they've put a freeze on hiring and can't hire anymore until AFTER Christmas. Oh, yeah, did I mention I was THISCLOSE to having a job at Walmart? Yeah. :( Foot was in the door and they slammed it. I'm only hoping they call me after the New Year.... or heck, that I get a decent response when I call them because I WILL CALL.

Other than that, we're just counting down the days until we're able to file. He's starting to get fidgety just sitting around here all the time, and wants to work.

The other good news is that I should be done with school by this time next year....... LOL. Seems so far, but it really isn't in the grand scheme of things, I guess...

Jenn... my goodness. My heart is breaking for you right now. After all you've been through... to have it end like that is terrible. My own prayer is that you overcome this like you've done everything else, and that it makes you stronger. You are a wonderful person, and while I can understand culture differences, it doesn't make the situation suck any less. My thoughts and prayers are continuing to stay with you, and I hope life's small blessings help you through this rough patch.

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't even know what to say about the news you just told us, Jenn. My heart breaks for you because I know all the things you've gone through. I surely thought that once he would get here he would love it and adjust perfectly, but I guess not. I hope he changes his mind, but if he doesn't then he is going to miss out on all of the wonderful things that you can give him and having the love of a lifetime. I know he's not used to the way our lifestyle is here, but I wouldn't have thought in a million years that it would be a deal-breaker for him.

You know my email. Use it if you need me. You know I'm always here for you.

As far as the job in Iowa, Mathew didn't get it. But he went back for a different job interview for Rockwell 4 days after he got back(I didn't go with him this time), and we still haven't heard anything. They closed down 2 days after his interview for the holidays and wont be open again until the 4th. Hopefully they'll bring us good news then, but if not then the search will continue.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

As far as the job in Iowa, Mathew didn't get it.

Awww nuts. :(

As it turns out, we were figuring out my sister's income based on her being paid bi-weekly. We got onto the subject of them feeling bad that they couldn't help, and I was trying to explain how we came to that conclusion, when my sister pipes in with "Sis! I get paid weekly! Not bi-weekly!" Cue massive spaz out! She works about 35-45 hours a week, making $8.77 an hour. She, alone, makes almost $20,000, and he's made $12,000 just since March. UM. LOL. They make enough if we're all counting right! I'm just a little confused about how the whole co-sponsor thing works. They are living together, not married (YET! That's in like a WEEK LOL). She claims their son right now. She's filling out the I-864, and he fills out the I-864A to add his income into it because she doesn't make enough on her own? Maybe I should ask in the AOS forums just to make sure I do this right, lol... but you ladies are just so knowledgeable and I don't want to do this wrong! I'm the last of the September filers to do this, lol...

Any suggestions? :D

Hope the new year is finding you all well so far! I know there are still situations going on that will make things otherwise... but other than those, I hope all is good. (and thank you, in advance, if you help!!)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

I am a Sept filer but received my NOA 1 in Oct . I am on the ''waiting game '' also . I hope to get my NOA2 soon . We have to be all patient . Good Luck to all .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Timeline

Well that's awesome news Frenzy! I'm fairly certain that he would fill out the I-864A since he's a member of her household(that's what mom had to do), but it'd probably be best to post this in the AOS forums just to make sure you're getting the right consensus.

And remember, whatever you do, make TWO copies! You know how they like to give those dumb RFE's out for things they already had, but lost. :angry:

I am a Sept filer but received my NOA 1 in Oct . I am on the ''waiting game '' also . I hope to get my NOA2 soon . We have to be all patient . Good Luck to all .

Congrats on the beginning of your journey! However, this is for September 2009 filers, you would be a part of the 2010 group. Just didn't want there to be any confusion!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I just got a message from Maggie and part of her message was this:

"please tell Jenn I am so sorry. When I read her post I literally felt her pain and began to cry. I thought what we all did and that he would adjust. Please tell her she can email me as well and I hope he comes to his senses."

We're all thinking about you and we love you very much Jenn.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Well that's awesome news Frenzy! I'm fairly certain that he would fill out the I-864A since he's a member of her household(that's what mom had to do), but it'd probably be best to post this in the AOS forums just to make sure you're getting the right consensus.

And remember, whatever you do, make TWO copies! You know how they like to give those dumb RFE's out for things they already had, but lost. :angry:

Congrats on the beginning of your journey! However, this is for September 2009 filers, you would be a part of the 2010 group. Just didn't want there to be any confusion!

Thanks for the correction --lol . My mistake --thinking it was Sept 2010 filers .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Ok I fixed it. It was the link and I was signed out. Ty kayla for helping me post. I just really didn't want to read that and not reply. You all have become a family. Jenn..you are a very strong woman. It will all work out the way its suppose to.

Kayla I'm sorry Mathew didn't get the job..my fingers are crossed for the second one.

Frenzy I'm glad to hear they make enough..good luck!

Krystle..I hope all is going well.

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

AOS Process

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As far as the job in Iowa, Mathew didn't get it. But he went back for a different job interview for Rockwell 4 days after he got back(I didn't go with him this time), and we still haven't heard anything. They closed down 2 days after his interview for the holidays and wont be open again until the 4th. Hopefully they'll bring us good news then, but if not then the search will continue.

Well I hope you get thegood news soon!

Awww nuts. :(

As it turns out, we were figuring out my sister's income based on her being paid bi-weekly. We got onto the subject of them feeling bad that they couldn't help, and I was trying to explain how we came to that conclusion, when my sister pipes in with "Sis! I get paid weekly! Not bi-weekly!" Cue massive spaz out! She works about 35-45 hours a week, making $8.77 an hour. She, alone, makes almost $20,000, and he's made $12,000 just since March. UM. LOL. They make enough if we're all counting right! I'm just a little confused about how the whole co-sponsor thing works. They are living together, not married (YET! That's in like a WEEK LOL). She claims their son right now. She's filling out the I-864, and he fills out the I-864A to add his income into it because she doesn't make enough on her own? Maybe I should ask in the AOS forums just to make sure I do this right, lol... but you ladies are just so knowledgeable and I don't want to do this wrong! I'm the last of the September filers to do this, lol...

Any suggestions? :D

Hope the new year is finding you all well so far! I know there are still situations going on that will make things otherwise... but other than those, I hope all is good. (and thank you, in advance, if you help!!)

It'll all work out! :thumbs:

I just got a message from Maggie and part of her message was this:

"please tell Jenn I am so sorry. When I read her post I literally felt her pain and began to cry. I thought what we all did and that he would adjust. Please tell her she can email me as well and I hope he comes to his senses."

We're all thinking about you and we love you very much Jenn.

(F)

Ok I fixed it. It was the link and I was signed out. Ty kayla for helping me post. I just really didn't want to read that and not reply. You all have become a family. Jenn..you are a very strong woman. It will all work out the way its suppose to.

Kayla I'm sorry Mathew didn't get the job..my fingers are crossed for the second one.

Frenzy I'm glad to hear they make enough..good luck!

Krystle..I hope all is going well.

Hey, as if things couldn't get any worse :wacko:

My ob called me and said that my alpha fetoprotein test/levels came back positive. That can mean that the baby may have spina bifida or some other paralizing spinal condition...

I'm so done, done fighting, I give up :crying:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Gosh I don't even know what to say krystle...I don't think I could even imagine how you feel. But please don't give up..I know you have to trust what the doctors are saying and be prepared...but don't give up. Oh how I wish I could hug you. We are here always for you.

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

AOS Process

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Kayla, what happened with the job search in Iowa

Karen, do you have the greencard yet? I didnt' see you post anything about it.

Maggie, congrats on the biometrics appointment

Krystle, I don't know what to say except that God is with you and you will have a beautiful baby.. regardless.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

I love you all

Oh Jenn...I'm so sorry. :( I'm hoping maybe something might have changed in the days since this post, but I imagine maybe you would have told us. This is devastating news...I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, i only just returned from ecuador last night. I'm in shock...it sounds like it's not just the U.S., but that he wants you to be something you're not...which is crazy because he knew who you were when you guys got married. I'm really hoping it's a phase and he'll get through it before he loses something so amazing that you've both fought so hard for. :(

I know it's very tough for all our honeys, adjusting to life here, being homesick at times, even after nine months or more. We still struggle at times, and we're still learning a lot about each other and how to communicate and work together. But I always hope, with all my heart, that love will see all of us through it. Jenn, I still hope it does for you and Fuat. But if it doesn't, know we all still love you and support you and are here for you.

On our end, we're still waiting for the green card. It sounds like some other June filers/July transfers have been approved in the last day or so, so hopefully it will come soon.

take care all, and happy new year! hugs!

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thinking about everyone tonight. Things have been rough for us all lately, but I have to believe that we will all make it through. We've all been through so much together that no one else would understand, and I'm so happy that I've found a group of people like you all.

I just hope everyone has good news of some sort soon. Or at least better news.

...but if all else fails we should meet up somewhere sunny and gather around a pitcher of margaritas. ;)

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.