Ney

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers

4,349 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Right now breathing a big sigh of relief that we have the visa in hand. A friend had their interview in Ankara on March 1. They were told they were approved, but still had not gotten visa as of today.. they called the embassy and we told they were in AP.

This is what I feared would happen to us and I had heard of others being told they were approved, getting the passport back with no visa in it and a letter saying they were in AP. I almost cried when I saw the actual visa in the passport.

I feel so bad for this couple. They have known each other much longer than Fuat and I, had far more proof than us.. and she's actually been in the US as a student. They were so excited to get approved, and already bought her ticket.. and now to get this news today. I am just heartbroken for them.

I pray it will all be taken care of soon.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm starvinggggg...

That's all. Just wanted to let you all know. :P

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Then use March 23rd as a good excuse!!

Ugh. Apparently my vaccum cleaner is broken. I just tried to vacuum the hallway and noticed that I didn't see any dirt rolling around inside, then smoke started coming out. Now I feel like I'm going to die because it's just been shooting the dirt particles back in the air and as I breathe I can almost FEEL my lungs getting full of the stuff.

Nastyyy.

if theres a belt on it, the belt may have snapped or came off, you could take off the bottom back to check. This happens to mine, same thing doesn't pick anything up and starts smelling like burning.

Right now breathing a big sigh of relief that we have the visa in hand. A friend had their interview in Ankara on March 1. They were told they were approved, but still had not gotten visa as of today.. they called the embassy and we told they were in AP.

This is what I feared would happen to us and I had heard of others being told they were approved, getting the passport back with no visa in it and a letter saying they were in AP. I almost cried when I saw the actual visa in the passport.

I feel so bad for this couple. They have known each other much longer than Fuat and I, had far more proof than us.. and she's actually been in the US as a student. They were so excited to get approved, and already bought her ticket.. and now to get this news today. I am just heartbroken for them.

Im sorry for that couple as well, hopefully they get out of AP soon. I am glad you have the visa in hand though!!!!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Timeline

trying to adjust to the time difference and the jet lag. Went to bed at 6:00pm last night, woke up at 3:00am and couldn't go back to sleep... watched a movie and finally decided to get out of bed.

Was reading about everything for AOS and had a sad thought.. we won't all be doing this together. Some of us will be done before others even start... but at least we'll be able to help the ones who start the process after us.

Truth is.. I don't want to join some other group to do this. Would rather stay right here in our September forum :)

Fuat and I decided to do a quick Civil Ceremony so we could get everything done as soon as possible.. and will then try to do a "family ceremony" when our families can be together. I am terrified at the thought of telling my parents that we are going to just go do this as soon as possible and have a family wedding later.. I think they are going to be upset. My brother eloped... it really hurt my mom.

His sister is having a baby and we want to make sure we do AOS and he has his advanced parole in time to go home for that.. so if we stick with our original plan, and go out to Vegas in a few months, he won't have his travel documents in time.

Personally, I don't care if we do this in our Pajamas at city hall... but I can't help but think of my family. His family can't be here.. and that makes me feel even worse if we do something with my family and not his... especially since his family is still pretty upset about all of this.

My cousin did the quick ceremony, and a full blown out wedding later, but didn't let the whole family know she was actually already married. I don't think I can do that to them either.

Wish there was an easy answer... but will just have to hope my mom and dad understand.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Kjenkins.. that would be great to try to meet in NYC. How far are you from there? I am planning on getting there the night before Fuat arrives, so will be alone in the big city :)

ooh can i come too? :)

trying to adjust to the time difference and the jet lag. Went to bed at 6:00pm last night, woke up at 3:00am and couldn't go back to sleep... watched a movie and finally decided to get out of bed.

Was reading about everything for AOS and had a sad thought.. we won't all be doing this together. Some of us will be done before others even start... but at least we'll be able to help the ones who start the process after us.

Truth is.. I don't want to join some other group to do this. Would rather stay right here in our September forum :)

Fuat and I decided to do a quick Civil Ceremony so we could get everything done as soon as possible.. and will then try to do a "family ceremony" when our families can be together. I am terrified at the thought of telling my parents that we are going to just go do this as soon as possible and have a family wedding later.. I think they are going to be upset. My brother eloped... it really hurt my mom.

His sister is having a baby and we want to make sure we do AOS and he has his advanced parole in time to go home for that.. so if we stick with our original plan, and go out to Vegas in a few months, he won't have his travel documents in time.

Personally, I don't care if we do this in our Pajamas at city hall... but I can't help but think of my family. His family can't be here.. and that makes me feel even worse if we do something with my family and not his... especially since his family is still pretty upset about all of this.

My cousin did the quick ceremony, and a full blown out wedding later, but didn't let the whole family know she was actually already married. I don't think I can do that to them either.

Wish there was an easy answer... but will just have to hope my mom and dad understand.

yeah, i wanted to do something like go elope and get married on a volcano in hawaii...but my parents would have been bummed because they wouldn't get to be there. So i'm doing a compromise, super simple wedding ceremony with just my immediate family and one mutual friend of ours. luckily my parents' schedule is pretty flexible so they were able to just come whenever i wanted it to be.

guys, i'm totally bummed, i have a mouse in my apartment. and i don't want to set a trap because the idea of having to dispose of dead mouse is super gross to me. but it is also gross knowing it is here and i just want it to go away. :( i wish my honey were here so he could be my hero. :)

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Yes, stay in sept group please, us behinders would miss you too much!

I know it's a hard call. We went through the same thing... back and forth on whether to just have a civil marriage then a marriage later.. whether to have it in Indiana with his family or hope that they could all meet us in South Carolina.

I guess you just have to go with what is best for you both, and hope that the families understand. That's all you really can do in this situation.

::hugs::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Kenyth & Maggie

VSC:

I-129F Sent - Sep. 11th, 2009

I-129F Received - Sep. 15th, 2009

NOA1 - Sep. 20th, 2009

NOA2 Email - Oct. 22nd, 2009

NVC Received - Oct. 27th 2009

NVC Sent to Consulate - Oct. 27th, 2009

Consulate Received - Oct. 29th, 2009

NOA2 Hardcopy - Oct. 30th, 2009

NVC Letter Received - Nov. 09, 2009

Montreal Sent Packet 3 - Nov. 09, 2009

Packet 3 Received: Nov. 16, 2009

Packet 3 Sent: Dec. 01, 2009

Packet 3 Received by Montreal: Dec. 09, 2009

Received Interview Date from DOS: January 25th, 2010

Packet 4 Received: Feb. 1st, 2010

Trip to Montreal: March 31, 2010

Medical: April 1st, 2010 (Medisys)

Medical: APPROVED - April 6th, 2010

Interview Date: April 8th, 2010

Interview: APPROVED

Visa Received: April 15, 2010

POE - Maine: April 18,2010

Wedding: April 25th, 2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

AOS Process

Date Filed AOS & EAD: December 16, 2010

NOA Date AOS & EAD: December 21, 2010

Bio. Appt.: January 20, 2011 (Indiana)

AOS Transfer to CSC: January 24, 2011

Approval EAD: February 15, 2011

Approval AOS: February 22, 2011

EAD Received: February 25, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

If you talk it over with your family, I am sure that they will understand or at least offer up alternatives that will make everyone happy. We have been in the same boat. His parents are coming and his best friend is coming, but an entire Italian village of family is unable to come :). We decided to do one here and one there. Maybe if you and Fuat and your family talk it out you will be able to find a way to do a ceremony there for his family.

Good luck to you.. (L)

09/25/2009 I-129F sent

09/28/2009 Received VSC

09/29/2009 NOA1

10/02/2009 Touched

10/06/2009 Touched again :)

10/07/2009 TOUCHED!!

11/04/2009 NOA2

11/10/2009 NVC Received

11/10/2009 NVC Sent to Napoli

11/12/2009 Napoli signed for the package

11/19/2009 Packet 3 received... and submitted

12/10/2009 INTERVIEW Napoli, Italy

12/10/2009 APPROVED!

12/23/2009 Trip to Italy for Christmas!

01/24/2010 POE Washington Dulles.. My baby's home!

03/20/2010 Wedding Day!

Timeline
If you talk it over with your family, I am sure that they will understand or at least offer up alternatives that will make everyone happy. We have been in the same boat. His parents are coming and his best friend is coming, but an entire Italian village of family is unable to come :). We decided to do one here and one there. Maybe if you and Fuat and your family talk it out you will be able to find a way to do a ceremony there for his family.

Good luck to you.. (L)

Our plan is to go to Turkey, in the late fall, with my family and have a Turkish wedding there.. but my family had originally planned that we would go to Vegas ( with them) and have the "first" marriage with them there too. If we do that, we won't be able to do AOS in time for him to be able to travel back for the birth of his sister's baby ( the families first baby). We have decided to do a quick, civil ceremony, here in Virginia.. within a week or two of his arrival.. and have it just be us and our two witnesses. This is what I think will upset my family..that I would just rush the actual marriage and not have them there. They would not be able to make it to Virginia for this and we can't go to Vegas for at least a few months. So.... going to call my parents today and talk to them about all of this. Mom lives in Michigan, Dad lives in Nevada.. dad keeps sending texts asking when we are coming to Vegas and what arrangements he should make. Mom keeps asking why we can't do it in Michigan in a few months when the whole family is in town for our annual family reunion. Can't make everyone happy, so going to do what makes us happy.. but hate that it will make them unhappy. We'll see what happens when I talk to them about all of it.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow, this place is really booming today.

To all of you who are peeking in and are new posters here, Good Luck on your journey!

Welcome back Jenn! I'm glad you had a safe trip. I haven't even peeked in the AOS section yet, do they have it sectioned like this one? Could you create a September AOS forum? I would prefer all of us stick together too.

Kayla, Maggie's got a good point, I hope it is just the belt. I think it's wise for you hire some help and to place responsiblility in someone elses hands and enjoy your day to the fullest.

I'm sorry about the mouse. I'd have a hard time in that situation too.

Najmeh's Mom is going to Dubai by herself this Friday and go through the crazy process of getting the visa. We are setting everything up for her to come home with my brother-in-law. I'm crossing my fingers it all falls into place.

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

----------------------------------------------------------------

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
YOU are the best wedding coordinator as far as I am concerned!

Kjenkins.. that would be great to try to meet in NYC. How far are you from there? I am planning on getting there the night before Fuat arrives, so will be alone in the big city :)

Kayla.. your interview is exactly one month after ours.. AND will be the day Fuat actually walks through the door of our house :) I picked this place for us, over a year ago, and can't wait for him to finally walk through the door. March 23 is going to be a great day!!!!

I'm about 45 minutes from NYC, I go by the bus since I don't have a car. Just send me a pm and let me know...

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend...

I pray they will get out of AP soon.

I'm starvinggggg...

That's all. Just wanted to let you all know. :P

How's your diet going?

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

I have the same problem as well, deciding what to do. My best best friend since preschool is paranoid schizophrenic; my family isn't too thrilled to see me get married so I don't know what to do... So far, we have his outfit already, haven't found a dress for me and we know we want to have it in a church for the sake of some nice pictures, but as far as a reception, I don't think so. I think ultimately I'll just invite one of my co'worker who was really thrilled to se me going through this whole process then afetr the ceremony we go to Atlantic City, break a bed there and come back home :blush:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline
ooh can i come too? :)

yeah, i wanted to do something like go elope and get married on a volcano in hawaii...but my parents would have been bummed because they wouldn't get to be there. So i'm doing a compromise, super simple wedding ceremony with just my immediate family and one mutual friend of ours. luckily my parents' schedule is pretty flexible so they were able to just come whenever i wanted it to be.

guys, i'm totally bummed, i have a mouse in my apartment. and i don't want to set a trap because the idea of having to dispose of dead mouse is super gross to me. but it is also gross knowing it is here and i just want it to go away. :( i wish my honey were here so he could be my hero. :)

Oh that's right, you're in NY too! I was trying to remember who else is close by.

Oh boy I hate creepy crawlers, go call a neighbor...

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
How's your diet going?

Lost 5 pounds already. Gonna celebrate by going shopping for Mathew's graduation. I need a new outfit in the worst way.

On a separate note, getting out of debt sucks. I just set up payment arrangements for one of my big cards and I want to puke. The balance is at $1503, so I'm doing 4 payments of $263.37 to get it taken care of as quickly as possible. After that's done I'll have one more card to pay off and then I'm out of debt. I wanted to get it all done before getting married, but I'll settle for only having one more to pay off.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Our plan is to go to Turkey, in the late fall, with my family and have a Turkish wedding there.. but my family had originally planned that we would go to Vegas ( with them) and have the "first" marriage with them there too. If we do that, we won't be able to do AOS in time for him to be able to travel back for the birth of his sister's baby ( the families first baby). We have decided to do a quick, civil ceremony, here in Virginia.. within a week or two of his arrival.. and have it just be us and our two witnesses. This is what I think will upset my family..that I would just rush the actual marriage and not have them there. They would not be able to make it to Virginia for this and we can't go to Vegas for at least a few months. So.... going to call my parents today and talk to them about all of this. Mom lives in Michigan, Dad lives in Nevada.. dad keeps sending texts asking when we are coming to Vegas and what arrangements he should make. Mom keeps asking why we can't do it in Michigan in a few months when the whole family is in town for our annual family reunion. Can't make everyone happy, so going to do what makes us happy.. but hate that it will make them unhappy. We'll see what happens when I talk to them about all of it.

You know what, at the end of the day you will just have to do what makes you happy because you can't please everyone.

Wow, this place is really booming today.

To all of you who are peeking in and are new posters here, Good Luck on your journey!

Welcome back Jenn! I'm glad you had a safe trip. I haven't even peeked in the AOS section yet, do they have it sectioned like this one? Could you create a September AOS forum? I would prefer all of us stick together too.

Kayla, Maggie's got a good point, I hope it is just the belt. I think it's wise for you hire some help and to place responsiblility in someone elses hands and enjoy your day to the fullest.

I'm sorry about the mouse. I'd have a hard time in that situation too.

Najmeh's Mom is going to Dubai by herself this Friday and go through the crazy process of getting the visa. We are setting everything up for her to come home with my brother-in-law. I'm crossing my fingers it all falls into place.

Goodluck :thumbs::thumbs:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.