kballtex

NVC September - 2009 Edition

2,912 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

A'ight peeps, I'm back in the USA. It was a very tearful parting. My husband is living in substandard conditions. He *did* allow me to at least buy him some jeans and socks while I was there. I showed him a few recipes he can cook on the open hearth with very few ingredients, so I feel better about what he's eating (he'd been living on nothing but apples, potatoes, and nettles for a while there).

Thanks for all of your kind comments to my last post.

The big news is that the I-864 & DS-230 are on their way to the NVC per my attorney. I am praying he assembled it correctly, as I've seriously lost confidence in him. I'm too far into the game, though, to think about changing attorneys. I think he's one of those people who hates paperwork, but loves an argument, and we're going to need a good argument for our waiver after the visa is denied.

So, I'm back in the row boat with all of you....not sure if we made the deadline for scheduling a November interview, as the package just went out yesterday - probably by regular mail. Next week is actually the 2nd FULL week of October, so I'm praying we make it in time & there are no RFE's.

:thumbs::thumbs: Everybody :thumbs::thumbs:

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

received the AOS and DS-3032 email today. Paid the AOS and email/mail the DS3032. It's moving now, thank god.

I-130/I129f

6/14/2008 Sent to Chicago lockboxt

6/18/2008 received by USCIS

6//27/2008 NOA1

8/14/2009 upgarded the I-130 to immedi Reltive

8/25/2009 send I-129F

9/2/2009 NOA1 for I-129f received

9/10/2009 sent expedite request.

9/16/2009 first Touch since 6/27/2008

9/16 129f and I-130 Approved

9/22 Hard copies received

9/23/2009 NVC received my I29f/K3 still waiting for the I130

9/24 I29f sent to embassy

10/05 NVC case number assigned to my I-130

10/7 received DS3032 and AOS email

10/7 Sent DS-3032 by email and mail.

10/7 paid AOS

10/9/2009 AOS sent

10/9/2009 expedite request accepted, login failed, case sent to the Eabassy

11/22/2009 Interview

11/24/2009 Visa issued

11/29/2009 arrived to the US.

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

hey guys hope everyone is having a good Weds.... got a question my husband is currently in the states for the next 2 months if our case is approved through NVC before he goes back can he take him medical here are does it have to be in Ireland? Thxs a million

Kristy

hey guys hope everyone is having a good Weds.... got a question my husband is currently in the states for the next 2 months if our case is approved through NVC before he goes back can he take him medical here are does it have to be in Ireland? Thxs a million

Kristy

Ireland, there is a list of physicians that the embassy provides that is approved to do his medical. You an probley find the list here on VJ under Embassy information.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

UGH... I finally got the DS2032 and AOS fee bill email on Friday. I opted in for the electronic filing with Montreal, sent in the DS-2032 and paid the bill on Monday, it cleared my bank yesterday, and it shows paid today! So I printed out my coversheet and now to rescan everything tonight because I forgot to put the case number on every sheet.... GRRRRRRRRR :oops::bonk::girlwerewolf2xn:

C'mon and accept the DS-2032 so we can get a move on!!! :dance:

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
A'ight peeps, I'm back in the USA. It was a very tearful parting. My husband is living in substandard conditions. He *did* allow me to at least buy him some jeans and socks while I was there. I showed him a few recipes he can cook on the open hearth with very few ingredients, so I feel better about what he's eating (he'd been living on nothing but apples, potatoes, and nettles for a while there).

The big news is that the I-864 & DS-230 are on their way to the NVC per my attorney. I am praying he assembled it correctly, as I've seriously lost confidence in him. I'm too far into the game, though, to think about changing attorneys. I think he's one of those people who hates paperwork, but loves an argument, and we're going to need a good argument for our waiver after the visa is denied.

So, I'm back in the row boat with all of you....not sure if we made the deadline for scheduling a November interview, as the package just went out yesterday - probably by regular mail. Next week is actually the 2nd FULL week of October, so I'm praying we make it in time & there are no RFE's.

Welcome back Julie! :) Congratulations on the attorney finally getting his act together. Let's hope you get a smooth ride through the NVC!

Ireland, there is a list of physicians that the embassy provides that is approved to do his medical. You an probley find the list here on VJ under Embassy information.

Paris, any word on a possible early interview? Also, are you TOTALLY PSYCHED? :D I know I would be!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi julie!!!

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Best wishes Julie for a fast Case Completion!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Glad your back although I know it sucks to leave him! Hopefully NVC will speed through your case... And dont put too much stock in the 2nd week of the month only scheduling BS... people have gotten interviews at other times in the month too!

UGH... I finally got the DS2032 and AOS fee bill email on Friday. I opted in for the electronic filing with Montreal, sent in the DS-2032 and paid the bill on Monday, it cleared my bank yesterday, and it shows paid today! So I printed out my coversheet and now to rescan everything tonight because I forgot to put the case number on every sheet.... GRRRRRRRRR :oops::bonk::girlwerewolf2xn:

C'mon and accept the DS-2032 so we can get a move on!!! :dance:

Aggrivating I am sure!!! But better to do it now then have any missing docs floating out there without an owner in case any get lost!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

QUESTION QUESTION

i've asked this before but i gotta ask again

we're using a co-sponsor out of an abundance of caution and the person doesn't have a passport, they are a natural born citizen so they would have a birth certificate, but its the "short form" not the long one

is this gonna be an issue

they ordered a long form but its taking forever to come and i am running out of patience so i want to know if we can go ahead with the short form

Edited by Bunzarelli

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
QUESTION QUESTION

i've asked this before but i gotta ask again

we're using a co-sponsor out of an abundance of caution and the person doesn't have a passport, they are a natural born citizen so they would have a birth certificate, but its the "short form" not the long one

is this gonna be an issue

they ordered a long form but its taking forever to come and i am running out of patience so i want to know if we can go ahead with the short form

In my opinion, I would wait for the long form... I know that it sucks to wait, but better to be safe then get an RFE and stop the process... Plus, the 864 should be quicker to approve than the 230 and since you have not sent that yet... you should be OK...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks christeen

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
So, I'm getting ready to send everything off, and had a quick question.

Is it really necessary that I write the case number at the top of EVERY document I submit? These packets are over 50 pages; I REALLY don't feel like writing the case number on top of every single page. Has anyone NOT done this and run into problems?

YES, YES, YES, YES x50... It is a pain, but if any of your documents gets misplaced, would you not kick yourself for wasting up to 60+ days with an RFE because they do not have it, or it was lost and do not know what file it goes with??? Take the 5 minutes now, it will be worth the peace of mind!!!

christeen did you say that after RFE ,, the will take that long to get back to you !!!!!!! :unsure::unsure:

Sometimes it is very quickly, but sometimes it takes some time?? Depends on what they are missing or needing.... For your issue, it is just a box filled out incorrectly (verification of info) so it should not be that long...

Also, just on a side note, it kinda might make others feel bad when you brag about how quickly that your info got accepted... if you look at the recent rate and time of acceptance of the 3032's it is about 12 - 20 days at the moment and that is just the reality of the recent big rush from USCIS approvals... Comparing your quick acceptance to others wait might be construed as a bit insensetive for those waiting.... Just my opinion...

thanks for calming me down about the RFE the only reason i said that was fast is because i was asked by some one and i was not bragging about it trust me i am in the same boat at the are ((( not finished with NVC ####### )) yet !!!!!!!!

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Timeline
So, I'm getting ready to send everything off, and had a quick question.

Is it really necessary that I write the case number at the top of EVERY document I submit? These packets are over 50 pages; I REALLY don't feel like writing the case number on top of every single page. Has anyone NOT done this and run into problems?

YES, YES, YES, YES x50... It is a pain, but if any of your documents gets misplaced, would you not kick yourself for wasting up to 60+ days with an RFE because they do not have it, or it was lost and do not know what file it goes with??? Take the 5 minutes now, it will be worth the peace of mind!!!

christeen did you say that after RFE ,, the will take that long to get back to you !!!!!!! :unsure::unsure:

Sometimes it is very quickly, but sometimes it takes some time?? Depends on what they are missing or needing.... For your issue, it is just a box filled out incorrectly (verification of info) so it should not be that long...

Also, just on a side note, it kinda might make others feel bad when you brag about how quickly that your info got accepted... if you look at the recent rate and time of acceptance of the 3032's it is about 12 - 20 days at the moment and that is just the reality of the recent big rush from USCIS approvals... Comparing your quick acceptance to others wait might be construed as a bit insensetive for those waiting.... Just my opinion...

well i sent mine thru email on sep24, i read one here who sent hers sep23 thru email and got accepted yesterday, when did u sent yours?

i don't do any thing unless i think it make sense !!

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

02/01/10 - POE

event.png

Timeline

glad to see you back,, i just learn a lot from you to stay positve and even when things go wrong you still on top of them you go girl :thumbs:

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

02/01/10 - POE

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.