kballtex

NVC September - 2009 Edition

2,912 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
does anyone understand the concept of how e-mails are processed as they come but e-mails that are sent so many days after I sent mine are processed before mine? Sorry, venting a little, but I really do not get the system...

I have no idea, but considering that someone just received their IV bill after sending their e-mail two days after mine (September 23rd vs. September 21st), and the only difference being that they mailed a hard copy too, I'm beginning to think they're just not processing e-mail anymore, or something.

I'm going to call and speak with a supervisor today.

I spoke to a rep a little while ago and she confirmed they are still processing e-mails, its taking them about three weeks to process both hard or electronic mail...I wanted to know if I should send a hard copy and she said it really would not make a difference as to how fast things are being processed

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
I spoke to a rep a little while ago and she confirmed they are still processing e-mails, its taking them about three weeks to process both hard or electronic mail...I wanted to know if I should send a hard copy and she said it really would not make a difference as to how fast things are being processed

Yes but they claim they process all e-mail and mail on a first-come, first-serve basis. If this was the case, then your e-mail (and mail) if you sent it would have been processed before someone who sent it 8 days ago. And this is the one time where I have a lot of trouble believing that "every case is unique," as it would be if they had evidence to process. This is a one-page form. So I want to ask a supervisor what the actual deal is, and if I need to resend my form, or (doubtful, but I will ask) if he/she can confirm my e-mail was received and process it him/herself.

Timeline

Yes but they claim they process all e-mail and mail on a first-come, first-serve basis. If this was the case, then your e-mail (and mail) if you sent it would have been processed before someone who sent it 8 days ago. And this is the one time where I have a lot of trouble believing that "every case is unique," as it would be if they had evidence to process. This is a one-page form. So I want to ask a supervisor what the actual deal is, and if I need to resend my form, or (doubtful, but I will ask) if he/she can confirm my e-mail was received and process it him/herself.

please do keep me updated...the fact that the dsd 3032 is the simpilest form is the most aggravating part!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
OK... First you go to www.immigrantvisas.com, put in the info and pay the AOS fee then the peititioner mails the 854 AOS package...

For the 3032, it depends if you are going to e-mail AND hard copy... the benificerary needs to sign it and you can scan the do the template and e-mail it to the, then send the original in snail mail (fi you are doing both) some have had very good luck just e-mailing it, personally, my snail mailed one was accepted first...

thanks christeen.

my hubby paid the AOS fee as soon as he got the email.

question regarding emailing the 3032, i only sent the template i found on james' shortcut without the barcoded 3032 that NVC emailed me. will i have a problem? do i need to email again with the barcoded and signed form attached? gosh now i am worried :cry:

It should be fine just the same.... There is no proof that with the barcode is faster than without as most people here send just using the shorcut and everything is just fine... Good luck

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

does anyone understand the concept of how e-mails are processed as they come but e-mails that are sent so many days after I sent mine are processed before mine? Sorry, venting a little, but I really do not get the system...

I have no idea, but considering that someone just received their IV bill after sending their e-mail two days after mine (September 23rd vs. September 21st), and the only difference being that they mailed a hard copy too, I'm beginning to think they're just not processing e-mail anymore, or something.

please announce your answer after you finish concersation with supervisor here on forum , I am really curiosity , I sent my DS3032 on 24 September and mail and e-mail and I saw some with the same sent date already have been accepted, it is not fair

I-130 approved after 62 days

NVC journey

09-18-2009 entered in system NVC

09-22-2009 asigned case number

09-24-2009 mailed and e-mailed my 3032

09-29-2009 AOS shown paid

09-26-2009 recived AOS (AVR)

10-05-2009 accepted DS3032

10-05-2009 invoiced IV bill

10-13-2009 recived by email confirmation DS3032 (STRANGE)

10-16-2009 sent DS230

10-19-2009 AVR said some documents are missing and they are incomplete we got RFE false

10-21-2009 recived email for missing documents-checklist

10-19-2009 delivered DS230 by USPS

10-23-2009 AVR recived checklist

10-29-2009 log in fail - case complete confirmed official by OP

11-10-2009 medical exam passed

11-03-2009 papers forwarded to sarajevo embassy

12-09-2009 INTERVIEW SCHEDULED visa approved

14 December POE

29 December got green card

30 December got driving license

Timeline

please announce your answer after you finish concersation with supervisor here on forum , I am really curiosity , I sent my DS3032 on 24 September and mail and e-mail and I saw some with the same sent date already have been accepted, it is not fair

\

I know! I sent mine on Sept 15th and its really hard to see people who sent it after so many days get their acceptances first

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

rec'd our email yesterday for the IV bill .... our choice of agent was entered one week after i mailed it snail mail ( didn't have access to a scanner) so things are moving along!!! yay now i just gotta wait on payday next week to pay the $400 and mail in the last packet woohoo getting excited :)

Kristy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

to be frank i did not send in a hard copy my hubby just emailed them after sighning the doc it only took three days ,, they are just buzyy and as a matter of fact the operator told me it would be thge fasters if we email them not send hard copy ,,,, they are def buzyyy dragging every one's case that is what is it when you think about it email should not take all this long ( per mine clarification) 10-14 days for ds3032 to be accepted , jeeeeee what is going on NVC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????/ :blink:

Edited by Lily1

06/09/09. - I-130 sent to csc

06/18/09 . - Noa1 ( touched )

08/27/09 .- I-130 approved ( got so excited )

08/14/09. - Nvc assigned case #( after 12 long days)

08/17/09 - Ds 3032 emailed to hubby , ( Aos fee bill generated and paid )

08/18/09 - hubby emailed back ds3032

08/22/09 - Aos showed" paid "

08/22/09- IV bill generated ( and paid)

08/23/09- Ds 3032 accepted

08/24/09 -IV bill showed "paid"

08/25/09- Aos overnight

08/28/09- 864 got to nvc

10/01/09- hubby sent ds230

10/06/09- Rfe(grrrrr)

10/08/09 - resend -864

10/09/09- 230 got accepted

10/19/09 - LOG IN FAIL, FAIL,FAIL,FAIL,FAIL ( i did not even know what was going on !!!!!) MY BODY JUST FROZE IN FRONT OF THEPC !!!!

10/20/09- It is "official " per op "case complete" OMG !!!!

11/02/09- INTERVIEW date assigned , email received from nvc (Thankyou ! thankyou ! thankyou ! god!!!!!!! thankyou every one

in vj) (total of 35 working days in nvc)

11/04/09- package left nvc

11/16/09- Medical done and waiting for result

12/10/09- VISA APPROVED (slip given appointment for tuesday to pick up passport )

12/15/09- VISA ON HAND ( praise god )

02/01/10 - POE

03/02/10- Green card arrived

event.png

Timeline

to be frank i did not send in a hard copy my hubby just emailed them after sighning the doc it only took three days ,, they are just buzyy and as a matter of fact the operator told me it would be easy if we email them not send hard copy ,,,, they are def buzyyy that is what is it when you think about it email should not take all this long ( per mine clarification) 10-14 days what is going on NVC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????/ :blink:

I wish i knew! I already was expecting time to be wasted for AP but NVC i was expecting to be a breeze...It has already been over a month since I started the whole NVC process and I am still stuck on the ds3032- that is just sad!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

to be frank i did not send in a hard copy my hubby just emailed them after sighning the doc it only took three days ,, they are just buzyy and as a matter of fact the operator told me it would be thge fasters if we email them not send hard copy ,,,, they are def buzyyy dragging every one's case that is what is it when you think about it email should not take all this long ( per mine clarification) 10-14 days for ds3032 to be accepted , jeeeeee what is going on NVC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????/ :blink:

I wonder how much double work they are doing there. Think about it, if everyone emails in their forms, then sends them via snail mail, someone is doing work that may have already been completed. How annoying would that be and imagine how easy it would be to just toss stuff aside because 9 times out of 10 it has already been entered? :wacko:

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Timeline

I wonder how much double work they are doing there. Think about it, if everyone emails in their forms, then sends them via snail mail, someone is doing work that may have already been completed. How annoying would that be and imagine how easy it would be to just toss stuff aside because 9 times out of 10 it has already been entered? :wacko:

I know! I can imagine how annoying i must but but it probably makes their life so much easier!

Timeline

I know! I can imagine how annoying i must but but it probably makes their life so much easier!

Actually, they have a 3rd payth who processes the e-mailed 3032s just like a 3rd party processes their payments, the hard copy goes directly to their mailroom...

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Timeline

Actually, they have a 3rd paty company who processes the e-mailed 3032s just like a 3rd party processes their payments, the hard copy goes directly to their mailroom... Just as the nvc operators have nothing to do with the nvc process, they work in a call center... The more experienced ones just know what to look for based on what they have seen... The new ones only know what is on thier screen...

I-130

Citizenship Process;

Timeline

Actually, they have a 3rd payth who processes the e-mailed 3032s just like a 3rd party processes their payments, the hard copy goes directly to their mailroom...

Yes, I know that-how can they still process e-mails out of order?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.