6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

MY QUESTIONS I AM A DOG GROOMER AND GET PAID AT THE END OF THE DAY CUZ WE GET PAID COMMISION SO I DONT HAVE PAYSTUBS FROM THIS JOB BUT MY BOSS WILL GIVE ME A PRINT OUT ON WHAT I DO MAKE EVERYDAY AND A LETTER STATED I WORK THERE N WHAT I MAKE I WILL DO A 1099 AT THE END OF THE YEAR SO IT NOT LIKE I AM HIDEING ANYTHING SO WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM

THANKS BROOKLYN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
MY QUESTIONS I AM A DOG GROOMER AND GET PAID AT THE END OF THE DAY CUZ WE GET PAID COMMISION SO I DONT HAVE PAYSTUBS FROM THIS JOB BUT MY BOSS WILL GIVE ME A PRINT OUT ON WHAT I DO MAKE EVERYDAY AND A LETTER STATED I WORK THERE N WHAT I MAKE I WILL DO A 1099 AT THE END OF THE YEAR SO IT NOT LIKE I AM HIDEING ANYTHING SO WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM

THANKS BROOKLYN

To answer your question, most consulates want to see previous year's tax returns. Do you have any tax returns to indicate that you make enough money, or is this your first year of work? Are you paid in cash? Do you not receive ANY sort of payment receipt indicating how much you were paid each day? Are you deducting income taxes from your pay (you may be subject to sending quarterly tax payments to the IRS, since you appear to be self-employed). Do you deposit the money in the bank, and can you get bank statements to prove this?

You don't ever do your own 1099. The people who pay you would provide you with a 1099 stating how much they paid you. They are required to do this if they expect to be able to claim your pay as a business expense.

All that said, as long as you can convince the consulate that you earn enough money with whatever documentation you have, then you should be ok. It almost sounds as if you're being paid "under the table", which might make it difficult. Do you make over $18,213 per year? This is how much you'll need to sponsor your spouse, assuming there is nobody else in your household.

The following is just friendly advice. :blush:

First, turn off your "Caps Lock" key. Posting in all caps is considered to be equivalent to yelling on internet forums.

Second, put some punctuation in your statements. One long run-on sentence is very difficult to read. I hope you're not sending any documents to USCIS that look like this. :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicated thread removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have taxes from the past years. I do get a 1099 at the end of the year with this job it not gettting paid uner the tables.My boss keep track of every penny she pays us and so do I . We dont not get any type of receipt . I do meet the required amout of income .Thanks for the advice on the keyboard but my promblem is I am not a computer person .

Thanks

Brooklyn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

THANKS BROOKLYN

You are legally "self employed" . You need to submit your previous year's tax return with 1099s. (and/or schedule C) For current income the printout will help verify income and also a bank letter showing deposits in the last 12 months will be benficial to you. The letter can state you "work" there but it cannot state you are an "employee" because you are not an employee. The letter can state that your "boss" (actually your "client") has utilized your services as a self employed dog goomer and plans to continue to use your services in the future. This whole affidavit process is a judgement call by the consulate, so the more "evidence" of your income you provide...the better. There is nothing "required" and nothing "not acceptable", per se, they look at what you provide and make a decision if it appears you have sufficient income to support your SO and that they will not become a "public charge", so pile it on and let them sort it out.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I have taxes from the past years. I do get a 1099 at the end of the year with this job it not gettting paid uner the tables.My boss keep track of every penny she pays us and so do I . We dont not get any type of receipt . I do meet the required amout of income .Thanks for the advice on the keyboard but my promblem is I am not a computer person .

Thanks

Brooklyn

No problem. 1099 income is definitely NOT "under the table" IF all the income earned is included on the 1099. None of my business anyway, but if all the income you earn is not reported by you or the client that provides the 1099, then it WILL bite you in the @ss come time to prove support.

Oh yeah...What Jim said about the typing habits...good advice.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.