paciencia y fe

Front-loading - is it ever a bad thing?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi all,

Sooo...i have a tendency to worry over everything and over-prepare. I have tons of evidence documents that i could include with the 129-F package...but I'm wondering if it's ever TOO much?? Could it backfire and annoy folks, or make it take longer for them to go through my package? Should i try to show restraint and save some for the embassy interview?

Any and all thoughts are appreciated, thanks!

:)

Karen

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi all,

Sooo...i have a tendency to worry over everything and over-prepare. I have tons of evidence documents that i could include with the 129-F package...but I'm wondering if it's ever TOO much?? Could it backfire and annoy folks, or make it take longer for them to go through my package? Should i try to show restraint and save some for the embassy interview?

Karen

From my own experience and even more so what I've read on here, just make sure you organize all of your evidence etc in clear sections (we put cover letters detailing what was inside each folder on the insider cover) and place post its where needed.

The agents in the centers have a checklist of information that they need to find so if its easy to look through they most likely won't need to look at the other "extra" evidence - but better to have it in there in any case I'd say! Just so long as the forms are all filled in correctly and quadruple checked you should be fine!

Good Luck!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-05

Medical: 2009-09-11

Packet 3 Received: 2009-09-18

Interview Date: 2009-10-09 - APPROVED!!!

Visa Received: 2009-10-15

US Entry: 2008-10-22, Flight booked MAN>PDX

Wedding Day : 2009-12-21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
Hi all,

Karen

Hey,

When me and my hubby were filing 129-F package, I was worrying about everything too. I submitted everything VJ suggested (check out K1guide) and made sure package is perfect. However, submit just reasonable amount of documents. I submitted just around 10-12 pics for example, 5-6 emails.. then on interview, you can bring some more...and for sure updated documents with the copy of 129F you sent them.

I hope this helps.

Good luck guys!

Kat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I'm the front-load queen! I sent exhibits in binders! However, USCIS sent my photo book (a very thin fancy book done at a camera store-not a photo "album"!) back the same day they got my package. Now they have zero pictures of my hubby and me. They apparently kept all the binders, which were about 10x times bigger than the photo book!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

thanks all! these are the kinds of things i was thinking about (again, my plan is to send these in the I-129f package), please let me know what you think...

Evidence:

- passport pages with stamps (do i need to copy the whole passport including my ID page? i am sending a birth cert for proof of citizenship)

- boarding passes for almost all trips to visit him and a couple for trips taken together

- select hotel receipts/confirmations (how many?)

- Skype Out call logs

- Regular Skype logs (like for the video chats)

- Screenshots of email inbox listing all our emails (wasn't going to print out individual emails at this point, should i?)

- Photos (I just ordered a selection of 60 pics over 6 visits. I'm guessing I should pare that down. :-))

- select cell phone bills (to show the bazillion text messages we send, how many months should i send?)

other things i'm thinking about:

- select tickets, like for national parks we went to

- receipts from ATM & shops, movie theaters in his town, or from our travels

- Skype purchase history?

- credit card statements (highlighting travel expenses?)

- receipts from spanish classes (to show my commitment to learning my fiance's language?)

- photocopies of some handwritten notes & an anniversary card Jose wrote to me?

Hope to hear your thoughts, thanks!

karen

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
thanks all! these are the kinds of things i was thinking about (again, my plan is to send these in the I-129f package), please let me know what you think...

Evidence:

- passport pages with stamps (do i need to copy the whole passport including my ID page? i am sending a birth cert for proof of citizenship)

- boarding passes for almost all trips to visit him and a couple for trips taken together

- select hotel receipts/confirmations (how many?)

- Skype Out call logs

- Regular Skype logs (like for the video chats)

- Screenshots of email inbox listing all our emails (wasn't going to print out individual emails at this point, should i?)

- Photos (I just ordered a selection of 60 pics over 6 visits. I'm guessing I should pare that down. :-))

- select cell phone bills (to show the bazillion text messages we send, how many months should i send?)

other things i'm thinking about:

- select tickets, like for national parks we went to

- receipts from ATM & shops, movie theaters in his town, or from our travels

- Skype purchase history?

- credit card statements (highlighting travel expenses?)

- receipts from spanish classes (to show my commitment to learning my fiance's language?)

- photocopies of some handwritten notes & an anniversary card Jose wrote to me?

Hope to hear your thoughts, thanks!

karen

Looks good to me!!! THe one thing I didn't add was proof I'm taking Finnish classes. Aren't we cool to try to learn their language?? Unfortunately Finnish is the 2nd hardest language to learn! Others will tell you that you don't have to send any of that, but if you made the decision to front-load then go for it! I did the same thing. I had letters we sent in the 80s/90s to show we've known each other 21 years. It was a blast photocopying and reading all of them, even if they were boring and platonic! ha! I actually put in every receipt ever from our trips. I did print out emails (they were all in one of my binders) but didn't add Skype. Good luck! You should be right behind me (though I'm an I-130 gal!)!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Brother T-Bone is going to weigh in soon I'm sure with lots of specific info regarding Ecuador.

Front loading has been recommended by immigration attorneys (including one posting here on VJ as ellis-island). It allows the CO at the consulate to have more background prior to the interview.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Personally, I went "bare bones" and just sent in what the 129-F instructions tell us to, and the petition was approved the same week.

At embassy interview, fiancee can come "loaded for bear" with 10 Lbs of supportive evidence in her bag.

Just stick to what the USCIS requirements are, hand that over at the embassy, and fiancee can hold onto more numerous and detailed evidences that can save the day, if needed.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Personally, I went "bare bones" and just sent in what the 129-F instructions tell us to, and the petition was approved the same week.

At embassy interview, fiancee can come "loaded for bear" with 10 Lbs of supportive evidence in her bag.

Just stick to what the USCIS requirements are, hand that over at the embassy, and fiancee can hold onto more numerous and detailed evidences that can save the day, if needed.

That's all well and good --- front-loading is really not intended for the USCIS stage, but to get As much evidence as possible to the consulate from the get-go.

TBoneTX will advise a HEAVILY front-loaded I-129F package, from (painful) personal experience with the notoriously difficult Guayaquil consulate in Ecuador.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Hi all,

Karen

I say it depends on how you front load.

I'd put all the pertnient documents and information in the front and evidence of bonafides in the back. That way the person reviewing the initial petition won't have to wade thru a bunch of paperwork that doesn't apply to approving the initial petition if they don't want to.

At the same time the COs will at least see it all and "maybe" it will be a plus!

I think front loading is the thing to do now no matter what country is involved. I'd even put 3 years tax transcripts and the I-134 right before evidence of bonafides with captioned pictures also.

Be SURE and have 2 copies of EVERYTHING.

MORE AMMO THE BETTER!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I think the biggest variable is what consulate your interview will be at. In my case, I suppiled only what was necessary to get the petition approved. I did however, go to my fiancee's interview which virtually guaranteed our approval.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Front loading or skimpily attaching with evidence I believe isn't the deal breaker here. It is attaching the right article and answering the inquiries on the petition paper correctly and the biographic information sheet. Add to these providing proof sufficient to declare that your fiance/e and you have met in person within two years of filing the I-129F.

I am sure you have what it all needs right there :thumbs:

Life is beautiful!

I think the biggest variable is what consulate your interview will be at. In my case, I suppiled only what was necessary to get the petition approved. I did however, go to my fiancee's interview which virtually guaranteed our approval.

Agreed. And if you perceive your case to have any potential red flags (previous petitions, limited visits, a large age difference, previous marriages to petitioners from the same country, family ties) front loading is beneficial.

But dont go over board. You wont be thanked for it, and more often than not, that evidence is not what they are looking at. Your list looks very reasonable to me.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just gave them what they ask for nothing more nothing less. Our petition was approved.

Timeline:

03/15/08- Met online

01/03/09- Met in person for the first time.

01/15/09- Got engaged

02/18/09- Sent I-129F

02/20/09- Recieved at Vermont Service Center

02/23/09- NOA 1

02/24/09- Check cashed

02/27/09- NOA 1 Recieved hard copy in mail

07/04/09-NOA 2

08/08/09-NOA 2 Recieved hard copy in mail

09/15/09- Medical taken Sputum test required

9/22-9/24-Sputum Testing(Results negative) Now the wait begins for the culture results

11/24/09-Praise God Sputum culture negative......told to report to St Lukes for immunizations.

12/03/09- Medical Exam Passed and complete.

12/15/09- Interview Passed!!!! Visa Approved!! Praise be to God!!!

12/24/09- Visa in Hand

12/30/09- POE- JFK

02/22/10- Married

If God be for me who can be against me!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Karen, what to include is a matter of personal preference. I just sent the basics with the I-129F...at they really just want to confirm that you are eligible to apply for a K1- (1) you have met in the last 2 years and (2) you are free to marry. 60 photos are way to many in my opinion. We only sent 6 or 8. Instead select a few photos over time....show you with different hairstyles different places etc.

At the I-129F phase, the officer is really just looking to confirm and few facts anything else, is just extra....extra time searching to find the relevant things. Now when you (or your fiancee) has the interview, definitely bring everything with you, all 60 photos, every chat email, screen shot etc. When my hubby had his interview he took a small binder with newly updated evidence of a relationship and forms he was required to bring to the interview, and he had a larger binder with every e-mail, card, photo etc. They were only interested in the e-mails. But had they asked for additional proof it was on hand.

Its really up to you to decide. But if you choose to front load, be sure to clearly label each section and each piece of evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.