YankeeDoodleWifey

Ridiculous freakout over healthcare

70 posts in this topic

The criticism of US healthcare is domestic, not foreign. If it was so good no one would be talking about it.

There's plenty of criticism abroad about U.S. healthcare in addition to the domestic critics. I've heard foreigners complain about the U.S. system at least since 1982. Canadians bring up the subject with Americans fairly quickly long before the current debate about the townhalls.

The deficit was already a big problem before he arrived .... wars cost huge money

War isn't meant to profitable and most of the deficit comes from Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare. Even if we weren't fighting the current wars, we would have still been broke. Don't believe me look at the CBO.

The ones concerned about Healthcare are responsible US citizens, PR's and intending immigrants. Its a concern for both my wife and I.

Besides that, why would anyone else give a ####### about US Healthcare.

Unfortunately the reality is, war is very profitable for quite a few .... one example .... arms dealers etc etc ...

And yes the ecomony was in collapse when Bush left ... that was on top of the cost of war.

If we can afford wars, we can afford to make Americans have good healthcare.

theres no shortage of people not from the USA who want to tell us about how horrible our system is and how great there is, I thought you would of seen that here at VJ, where you been ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes defense contractors and lunatic right wing nazis make money from WAR! Healthcare should be about taking care of the fukin people not profits! and not pissing away all our money blowing up some eejit half a world away that dont want americans there to begin with.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

For FY 2009, defense spending amount to 4.7% of GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budg...e_United_States

Don't know. Ask a Canadian.

Forget the $$$$' s. How do those numbers factor in the cost of all the lives?

Canadians only care if they need to live or visit here.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

For FY 2009, defense spending amount to 4.7% of GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budg...e_United_States

Don't know. Ask a Canadian.

Forget the $$$$' s. How do those numbers factor in the cost of all the lives?

Canadians only care if they need to live or so they visit here.

Fixxored

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes defense contractors and lunatic right wing nazis make money from WAR! Healthcare should be about taking care of the fukin people not profits! and not pissing away all our money blowing up some eejit half a world away that dont want americans there to begin with.

Are you calling Pres. Obama a Nazi, too, since he's pushing for more troops in Afghanistan?

At least you now admit there's big profits in healthcare, thanks.

BTW, defense spending and healthcare are truly apples and oranges. You might have a point if we start drafting those who get money from the government for health care.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

BTW, defense spending and healthcare are truly apples and oranges.

Not if you think about it - defense spending exists to protect the wellbeing of the people of this country.

Timeline

Are you calling Pres. Obama a Nazi, too, since he's pushing for more troops in Afghanistan?

At least you now admit there's big profits in healthcare, thanks.

BTW, defense spending and healthcare are truly apples and oranges. You might have a point if we start drafting those who get money from the government for health care.

No I'm calling Chaney and Bush nazis because that's exactly what they acted like, at least near the end Bush had the decency to start to wake up to the madness imposed on him by Chaney. Obama I pity because he's left with the mess created by those two monkeys.

There is money in healthcare of course there is.. it's why I'm paying 4x as much to cover two people than it costs to cover one! I'm alright I've got health coverage and can afford it for now but there are many and I was one of them not so long ago that couldn't afford a thing! I could very well end up not affording a thing again if I lost my job.. so the point is we all are paying these taxes are for what? We dont get a whole lot in return do we? The dozens of layers of government eat up our money and waste it on inefficiency. Then the top layer takes what it's collected and drops it on the heads of poorest of the poor in the world?

No heath care are not apples to oranges when it comes to spending. If we're going to pay for anything why not pay to actually help the people in this country instead of bombing people half a world away? Ohhh but thats protecting the people in this country from saddam and all those weapons he had?

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Timeline
That is what it seems like. The nation was fine sending troops out to do Bush's dirty work and get hold of the oil because he couldn't strike a deal on his own. It has lead to so many deaths, but we, as a nation, don't really even think about the civilians over there dying by our hands, but the army is still funded, aren't they? We still allow it to continue- why, because we have caused to much upset, we have no choice but to attempt putting things right. Everyday there are people dying in the streets of the US without healthcare- or worse, they have healthcare and are denied treatment because it is deemed they have 'preexisting conditions'. ####### is that?! How is that acceptable? And why are people content to let it continue? How selfish, as a nation, are we allowed to be?

Its not Bush's war its Americas war. A majority of Americans supported going to war. It was thought at that time that Saddam was a big threat and possibly had WMD.

It is Bush's war for two main reasons:

1) Bush pulled the trigger on Iraq

2) A president does not send our military into war based on public opinion - much less so if that public opinion has been geared towards support with incomplete, misleading and flat-out false information. Remember that a majority of Americans also thought that Saddam was involved in the 9/11 attacks (flat out false) and that he posed an imminent threat to the US (flat out false). Now you go and do your research as to why Americans would have believed these two falsehoods. Start on whitehouse.gov and go back to late 2002 / early 2003 and read the transcripts of Bush's and Cheney's speeches during this time period where all the lies and mis-information is spread all across America.

Timeline
Not if you think about it - defense spending exists to protect the wellbeing of the people of this country.

Isn't all government spending supposedly to aid the people of the nation?

Obviously, defense spending and spending on healthcare aren't interchangable. You can't treat patients with rounds or shells nor can you kill the enemy with bandages.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Timeline

Isn't all government spending supposedly to aid the people of the nation?

Obviously, defense spending and spending on healthcare aren't interchangable. You can't treat patients with rounds or shells nor can you kill the enemy with bandages.

Well how about spending less of rounds and shells and more on bandages for the people.. easy isn't it?

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Timeline
No I'm calling Chaney and Bush nazis because that's exactly what they acted like, at least near the end Bush had the decency to start to wake up to the madness imposed on him by Chaney. Obama I pity because he's left with the mess created by those two monkeys.

Who's Chaney? Love the Nazi label because it makes you look ridiculous. Don't forget to add the Nazi label to the majority of Democrats who voted for use of force and for overthrowing Saddam as early as 1998 and for to UN for all those resolutions. Bush made Obama send in 10,000 more troops to Afghanistan? I thought Obama won the election?

it's why I'm paying 4x as much to cover two people than it costs to cover one!

Compared to what? If you really found a bargain and it's that importantto you, go get it.

I could very well end up not affording a thing again if I lost my job..

If you lost your job you'd have a lot of other things to worry about. There's record high unemployment now but you can thank Obama for that one just as he'll get credit when things improve.

The dozens of layers of government eat up our money and waste it on inefficiency. Then the top layer takes what it's collected and drops it on the heads of poorest of the poor in the world?

Not the best argument for more government involvement in healthcare is it? The last sentence is about foreign aid to poor countries?

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

That is what it seems like. The nation was fine sending troops out to do Bush's dirty work and get hold of the oil because he couldn't strike a deal on his own. It has lead to so many deaths, but we, as a nation, don't really even think about the civilians over there dying by our hands, but the army is still funded, aren't they? We still allow it to continue- why, because we have caused to much upset, we have no choice but to attempt putting things right. Everyday there are people dying in the streets of the US without healthcare- or worse, they have healthcare and are denied treatment because it is deemed they have 'preexisting conditions'. ####### is that?! How is that acceptable? And why are people content to let it continue? How selfish, as a nation, are we allowed to be?

Its not Bush's war its Americas war. A majority of Americans supported going to war. It was thought at that time that Saddam was a big threat and possibly had WMD.

It is Bush's war for two main reasons:

1) Bush pulled the trigger on Iraq

2) A president does not send our military into war based on public opinion - much less so if that public opinion has been geared towards support with incomplete, misleading and flat-out false information. Remember that a majority of Americans also thought that Saddam was involved in the 9/11 attacks (flat out false) and that he posed an imminent threat to the US (flat out false). Now you go and do your research as to why Americans would have believed these two falsehoods. Start on whitehouse.gov and go back to late 2002 / early 2003 and read the transcripts of Bush's and Cheney's speeches during this time period where all the lies and mis-information is spread all across America.

Simply wrong in many ways.

1.) Bush couldnt of gone to war with out the approval of congress and congress would never of accepted it had they not had the people support. They had our support, the majority wanted it and to say this was Bush's war is silly. This was America's war.

2.)

A president does not send our military into war based on public opinion
Huh what of course they do if the people dont want it most likely the president will not send our military into war.

3.) I believe Bush really thought that there was WMDs in Irag and the whole oil conspiracy is just ridiculous. I think Bush was serious and passionate about the war on terrorism. So if you think he was purposely lying, let me ask you what you think his reasons were for going to war?

Timeline

Who's Chaney? Love the Nazi label because it makes you look ridiculous. Don't forget to add the Nazi label to the majority of Democrats who voted for use of force and for overthrowing Saddam as early as 1998 and for to UN for all those resolutions. Bush made Obama send in 10,000 more troops to Afghanistan? I thought Obama won the election?

it's why I'm paying 4x as much to cover two people than it costs to cover one!

Compared to what? If you really found a bargain and it's that importantto you, go get it.

I could very well end up not affording a thing again if I lost my job..

If you lost your job you'd have a lot of other things to worry about. There's record high unemployment now but you can thank Obama for that one just as he'll get credit when things improve.

The dozens of layers of government eat up our money and waste it on inefficiency. Then the top layer takes what it's collected and drops it on the heads of poorest of the poor in the world?

Not the best argument for more government involvement in healthcare is it? The last sentence is about foreign aid to poor countries?

Chaney the evil sidekick of bush and yes the nazi label does fit them perfectly! I can’t add the nazi label to the democrats they’d need to be extremist right wing lunatics for that, am sure the label might fit you alrite you seem to be in that camp. Can call them communists if you like? Obama did win the election unlike bush he didn’t steal it then plunder the wealth of this nation on what? What do we have to show for 8 years of bush because Iraq is burning, Afghanistan is like a repeat of what the Russians tried to do, he managed to undo everything done to fix the korea issue and the middle east issue.. the list goes on am sure!

Compared to the standard rate it costs to cover one person... Instead of paying to cover just two at that standard rate the insurance company says tuff you have to take our family plan! If there was a bargain to be had I’d be getting it but in the land of insurance companies I can either take what I’m given or go without. Same is the same for cable tv, cell phones, internet access.. not many choices to be had in the land of the “free” as there isn’t much in the way of regulations to ensure competition leaving the big fish to eat up all the smaller ones and deny the people options.

Of course I can thank Obama for the unemployment because it’s his fault he pissed away 8 years worth of hard work by Clinton when he took office in 2001? Oh wait that was bush that did that wasn’t it? God I’m surrounded by idiot right wingers all day that watch fox news like it’s the bible (the bible isn’t even the bible lol) and now here I am here listening to more of these halfwits go on about how good war is and how fukin bad health care is.

If we removed a few dozen layers of government and ran things from the top down fast and efficient like a well oiled machine there wouldn’t be so much waste. The best thing for government is to make the top bigger take away the powers from the bottom feeders in fact just do away with the stupid wasteful city governments and county governments.. leave one or the other to run things at that level not both. Then run health, education, police, defense..etc all from the top don’t let the local idiots piss it away on us because they will they will sit around talking about things they don’t even understand making decisions about things they can’t comprehend just because they are “elected”. Heath care run form the top down would work; it would work a lot better than pissing more money away on killing people would but then again war is more profitable than helping the people? Helping the people is a evil communist thing isn't it?

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Timeline
3.) I believe Bush really thought that there was WMDs in Irag and the whole oil conspiracy is just ridiculous. I think Bush was serious and passionate about the war on terrorism. So if you think he was purposely lying, let me ask you what you think his reasons were for going to war?

Thats insanity bush had to have known there wasn't much of anything in the way of wmds!... after all half of halfwits in government with him where dealing with their old buddy saddam in the 80's, his daddy I'm sure knew all too well what saddam had or didnt have.. did he not help get him a lot of what he had? Didn't mind helping him bomb the $hite outta the Iranians! bush mkII went to war for the same reason as bush mkI.. Money and oil they had to protect their income and saddam was a threat to that in the early 90's and by the early 2000's he just happened to be sitting on one of the largest deposits of oil on the planet no surprise an oil man would go after oil ? mmmm..

Of course he was lying he's a politician.. that's like saying nixon is innocent? The only difference between the bushes and nixon is they didn't get caught red handed yet!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Thats insanity bush had to have known there wasn't much of anything in the way of wmds!... after all half of halfwits in government with him where dealing with their old buddy saddam in the 80's, his daddy I'm sure knew all too well what saddam had or didnt have.. did he not help get him a lot of what he had? Didn't mind helping him bomb the $hite outta the Iranians! bush mkII went to war for the same reason as bush mkI.. Money and oil they had to protect their income and saddam was a threat to that in the early 90's and by the early 2000's he just happened to be sitting on one of the largest deposits of oil on the planet no surprise an oil man would go after oil ? mmmm..

Of course he was lying he's a politician.. that's like saying nixon is innocent? The only difference between the bushes and nixon is they didn't get caught red handed yet!

He didnt go in there for oil, thats ridiculous and even most people on the left will agree with me. I think the best argument is that he lied because even though "he knew" there wasnt WMDs because we had our own intellgence that proved so but he seen this war necessary for the sake of the war on terrorism That seems more believable than this oil conspiracy you tried to lay out here. That said, like I said before I believe he believed there was WMDs.