YankeeDoodleWifey

Ridiculous freakout over healthcare

70 posts in this topic

That is what it seems like. The nation was fine sending troops out to do Bush's dirty work and get hold of the oil because he couldn't strike a deal on his own. It has lead to so many deaths, but we, as a nation, don't really even think about the civilians over there dying by our hands, but the army is still funded, aren't they? We still allow it to continue- why, because we have caused to much upset, we have no choice but to attempt putting things right. Everyday there are people dying in the streets of the US without healthcare- or worse, they have healthcare and are denied treatment because it is deemed they have 'preexisting conditions'. ####### is that?! How is that acceptable? And why are people content to let it continue? How selfish, as a nation, are we allowed to be?

Its not Bush's war its Americas war. A majority of Americans supported going to war. It was thought at that time that Saddam was a big threat and possibly had WMD. There were many countries intelligence that thought the same. So I can never buy into this conspiracy that bush went over there for oil purposes. Its actually a silly conspiracy that has been milked dry by the far left here in the states. We do think about the civilians dying over there and our gov. does everything to avoid it, people here dont care for it. People complain like you all the time about civilians dying over there.

People dying in the streets cause they dont have health care is a little melodramatic. Like you said no system is perfect and because we think keeping the health care system in the private sector is the better option that doesnt make us selfish and cold hearted.

America is wonderful and I love it. The healthcare is absolute insanity. It needs reform. The scare mongering needs to stop.

Lets also stop misrepresenting the people who oppose it, how? by quitting it with whole nonsense of the people who dont want socialized health care are cold hearted and dont care.

Edited by looking_up

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not Bush's war its Americas war. A majority of Americans supported going to war. It was thought at that time that Saddam was a big threat and possibly had WMD. There were many countries intelligence that thought the same. So I can never buy into this conspiracy that bush went over there for oil purposes. Its actually a silly conspiracy that has been milked dry by the far left here in the states. We do think about the civilians dying over there and our gov. does everything to avoid it, people here dont care for it. People complain like you all the time about civilians dying over there.

Americans where lied too about the reasons for the war, hence it was Bush' war.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ready4ONE, these are your examples of Democrats/liberals being called unpatriotic/unAmerican?

The first is from a comedian

While young Americans are dying in the sands of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan, our nation is being torn apart and made weaker because of the Democrats' manic obsession to bring down our commander in chief.

Motivated more by partisan politics than by national security, today's Democratic leaders see America as an occupier, not a liberator.

In [Democratic leaders'] warped way of thinking, America is the problem, not the solution. They don't believe there is any real danger in the world except that which America brings upon itself.

Kerry would let Paris decide when America needs defending. I want Bush to decide.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2106109/ [source and full text]

Another:

Hagel Defends Criticisms of Iraq Policy

<h2 style="margin-bottom: 10px;">Administration Calls Statements by Democrats Harmful to War Effort, Troops</h2>By Glenn Kessler Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.) strongly criticized yesterday the White House's new line of attack against critics of its Iraq policy, saying that "the Bush administration must understand that each American has a right to question our policies in Iraq and should not be demonized for disagreeing with them."

With President Bush leading the charge, administration officials have lashed out at Democrats who have accused the administration of manipulating intelligence to justify the war in Iraq. Bush has suggested that critics are hurting the war effort, telling U.S. troops in Alaska on Monday that critics "are sending mixed signals to our troops and the enemy. And that's irresponsible."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5111501450.html [source and full text]

Shall I go on or is this a sufficient dose of shut up alien?

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Yes that does seem to be the party line on the left. It wasnt just our intelligence that believed Saddam possibly had WMD or close to obtaining it. This was widely thought at the time but invading Irag as a solution was not but here in America it was...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Can I just ask how a "greedy doctor" is supposed to make $$ off of giving you a prescription? That's the drug company who makes the money and regulations over their giving anything to the Dr have become (rightfully so), tightened in the last several years. Before you start spouting off ####### about Dr. salaries, read up on it. After dealing with insurance companies here, there is no such thing as a quick quid.

There actually is an incentive for dr's to prescribe certain medications over others.

What incentive are you speaking of? I work for a clinic with hundreds of doctors and there is no incentive for them to prescribe anything. There is no kickback, no nothing. They prescribe what they feel is best for their patients, end of story. Is this perhaps a regional thing?

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Yes that does seem to be the party line on the left. It wasnt just our intelligence that believed Saddam possibly had WMD or close to obtaining it. This was widely thought at the time but invading Irag as a solution was not but here in America it was...

Anyone who lies to me repeatedly loses credibility quickly.

Timeline
Shall I go on or is this a sufficient dose of shut up alien?

ready4ONE, these are your examples of Democrats/liberals being called unpatriotic/unAmerican? NONE of them say anything like that so and that's pretty bad for people like you who still can't find good examples of something claimed to have happened all the time for 8 years.

The first is from a comedian and it's true that political division always weakens any president. Duh. Your telling me their were no political divisions at the time? Or the other standard liberal line then and now was that no one was allowed to speak against Bush yet here are your quotes.

While young Americans are dying in the sands of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan, our nation is being torn apart and made weaker because of the Democrats' manic obsession to bring down our commander in chief.

The second quote is also true.

Bush has suggested that critics are hurting the war effort, telling U.S. troops in Alaska on Monday that critics "are sending mixed signals to our troops and the enemy. And that's irresponsible."

Now compare that to a few months of senior Democrats calling opponents names on healthcare protestors and drawing comparisons to:

Nazis

The KKK

Also, what's with all the foreign criticism of U.S. healthcare? It's it a domestic issue best left to each country? I don't go to Europe and tell them to dump their healthcare system or tell them they are paying way too much for taxes.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Timeline

Anyone who lies to me repeatedly loses credibility quickly.

So you really believe the U.S. government can provide better healthcare to more people for less money?

You really believe Obamacare won't contribute to the deficit?

You really believe 47 million more people in the healthcare system short of 16,000 doctors isn't a problem?

If you don't know about Saddam's pre-war deception on WMDs and faulty western intelligence, you've got no credibility yourself.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Also, what's with all the foreign criticism of U.S. healthcare? It's it a domestic issue best left to each country? I don't go to Europe and tell them to dump their healthcare system or tell them they are paying way too much for taxes.

The criticism of US healthcare is domestic, not foreign. If it was so good no one would be talking about it.

So you really believe the U.S. government can provide better healthcare to more people for less money?

You really believe Obamacare won't contribute to the deficit?

You really believe 47 million more people in the healthcare system short of 16,000 doctors isn't a problem?

If you don't know about Saddam's pre-war deception on WMDs and faulty western intelligence, you've got no credibility yourself.

Something needs to be done. Lets give the new leadership a chance.

The deficit was already a big problem before he arrived .... wars cost huge money.

Everyone should have a human right to medical care.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, it is infinitely better to propose to ensure the entire nation has some form of health insurance as opposed to actually killing people for no reason that can be readily explained. Is it better just because you can't name the person dying?

I really don't think any side is saying 'woot! killing people ftw!' Come on now :rolleyes:

We'd just rather have the largest defense budget on Planet Earth than provide for the everyday well being of our citizens.

I couldn't agree more! Why does none of the right wing loonies ever attack the spending on killing people? This country spends more more killing other people all over the world than it does taking care of it's own people who pay taxes and elect these half wits!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Timeline
The criticism of US healthcare is domestic, not foreign. If it was so good no one would be talking about it.

There's plenty of criticism abroad about U.S. healthcare in addition to the domestic critics. I've heard foreigners complain about the U.S. system at least since 1982. Canadians bring up the subject with Americans fairly quickly long before the current debate about the townhalls.

The deficit was already a big problem before he arrived .... wars cost huge money

War isn't meant to profitable and most of the deficit comes from Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare. Even if we weren't fighting the current wars, we would have still been broke. Don't believe me look at the CBO.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There's plenty of criticism abroad about U.S. healthcare in addition to the domestic critics. I've heard foreigners complain about the U.S. system at least since 1982. Canadians bring up the subject with Americans fairly quickly long before the current debate about the townhalls.

The deficit was already a big problem before he arrived .... wars cost huge money

War isn't meant to profitable and most of the deficit comes from Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare. Even if we weren't fighting the current wars, we would have still been broke. Don't believe me look at the CBO.

That is wrong, war is very profitable for those greedy bastards making the bombs, the planes, body Armour, tanks, jeeps..etc war is a very profitable business. Taking care of your own people isn't as profitable therefore of less interest to those that just want to make money.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

The ones concerned about Healthcare are responsible US citizens, PR's and intending immigrants. Its a concern for both my wife and I.

Besides that, why would anyone else give a ####### about US Healthcare.

Unfortunately the reality is, war is very profitable for quite a few .... one example .... arms dealers etc etc ...

And yes the ecomony was in collapse when Bush left ... that was on top of the cost of war.

If we can afford wars, we can afford to make Americans have good healthcare.

Timeline
That is wrong, war is very profitable for those greedy bastards making the bombs, the planes, body Armour, tanks, jeeps..etc war is a very profitable business. Taking care of your own people isn't as profitable therefore of less interest to those that just want to make money.

I was referring to the country as whole not the defense contractors.

If don't believe there are big profits in the healthcare system, you're missing out on about 18% of the U.S. economy. You've got your numbers for Ireland, not the U.S., I think.

For FY 2009, defense spending amount to 4.7% of GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budg...e_United_States

National health spending is expected to reach $2.5 trillion in 2009, accounting for 17.6 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP).

http://www.nchc.org/facts/cost.shtml

Besides that, why would anyone else give a ####### about US Healthcare.

Don't know. Ask a Canadian.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif