21 posts in this topic

I think everyone has jumped way too quickly on the "get a cosponsor bandwagon" here. It's a very serious thing- a legally binding contract obligating another person to be financially responsible for the OP and her child for quite some time. From what the OP has stated ("he has several properties, a LOT of land, about 6 cars and inheritance money") the petitioner has more than enough resources to sponsor the beneficiary, and while the OP may not know all the numbers, it is the petitioner filling out the form. The petitioner should have access to valuations of the land, bank statements and resale values of the other 5 cars (you cannot count your first), or should be willing to obtain them. I couldn't bear to think of asking someone else to stand in for me if I had all of that at my disposal. Shoving the responsibility off on someone else should not be the immediate response and should only be resorted to when absolutely necessary. It is not necessary here. A little legwork and they'd be all set.

You very well could be right about jumping too quickly, for all we know his 5 cars could be Ford Pintos or Chevy Vegas and his inheritances down to the last $100 bucks. Who knows?

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I call BS. Troll anyone? 6 cars, several properties, lots of land, etc... and we're talking about qualifying for 125% of the poverty level? Unless the land is a remote region of Antartica, the cars were demolished 50 years ago in the local wrecking yard, and the properties have been foreclosed upon by the bank, I personally find this topic to be outrageously ridiculous.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

How is this topic ridiculous exactly?

I asked a simple question.. does it go on assets or income?

I found out both... therefore we're ok.

I'm trying to find out as much as I can about everything.. want to be 110% sure in my mind... nothing wrong with that

Edited by MummyOf1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I call BS. Troll anyone? 6 cars, several properties, lots of land, etc... and we're talking about qualifying for 125% of the poverty level? Unless the land is a remote region of Antartica, the cars were demolished 50 years ago in the local wrecking yard, and the properties have been foreclosed upon by the bank, I personally find this topic to be outrageously ridiculous.

Sounds to me like her fiance has an inheritance that includes some cash and land, but doesn't earn a lot of money on his own. I don't see anything ridiculous about it all. I have a number of friends who don't earn much, but inherited their parent's estate when the last surviving parent died. This left them with cash and assets, but didn't change their ongoing income.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Sounds to me like her fiance has an inheritance that includes some cash and land, but doesn't earn a lot of money on his own. I don't see anything ridiculous about it all. I have a number of friends who don't earn much, but inherited their parent's estate when the last surviving parent died. This left them with cash and assets, but didn't change their ongoing income.

this is exactly right! I just didn't know if it went on assets ASWELL as income.. or just income.. now i do

Thank you for your post

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As always there is no better source of information than the form instructions. Start there, and you will end up with fewer questions.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.