• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi, I'm confused..What do you mean, when you say

"I just got my approval letter for fiance application. Now am appling for k1 visa "..

Isn't approval letter for fiance application same as 129 approval?

2009-09-30 -> I-129 Approved

2009-09-30 -> I-130 Approved

-------NVC----------

2009-10-14 -> NVC Received

2009-10-15 -> Received/Sent DS-3032

2009-10-15 -> Received/Paid I-864 Bill

2009-10-19 -> Send I-864 Packet

2009-10-26 -> NVC Received DS-3032

2009-10-28 -> Receive/Pay IV Bill Pay

2009-10-29 -> Send DS-230 (Overnight)

2009-10-30 -> NVC Received (DS-230) 11:00 AM

2009-11-03 -> NVC Entered DS-230 in system.

2009-11-09 -> Received email requesting DS-230....

2009-11-12 -> Log in to Consular Electronic App Center failed!!

2009-11-13 -> Case complete

2010-01-12 -> Rescheduled from [2010-01-25] Interview [Approved]

2010-01-14 -> Pick up passport.

2010-01-17 -> Depart

Hi, I'm confused..What do you mean, when you say

"I just got my approval letter for fiance application. Now am appling for k1 visa "..

Isn't approval letter for fiance application same as 129 approval?

One is the I-129F fiance visa petition. Once that is approved, the benefiiciary (the foreign fiance(e)) applies for the K-1 visa. The approval letter for the 'application' is the petition, I-129F approval. The next step is to complete the K-1 visa application procedures at the foreign consulate in the country of the foreign beneficiary.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

A bit of advice -- it is ALWAYS helpful for the petitioner, you, to be with her for the interview. In your case especially, it can make a big difference since you have been apart so long.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
A bit of advice -- it is ALWAYS helpful for the petitioner, you, to be with her for the interview. In your case especially, it can make a big difference since you have been apart so long.

I actually think this should probably be added to the guides...perhaps with the exception of countries with visa waver requirements (as there are lower cases of fraud etc. and therefore less likely an interview goes bad.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I actually think this should probably be added to the guides...perhaps with the exception of countries with visa waver requirements (as there are lower cases of fraud etc. and therefore less likely an interview goes bad.)

This is a very unusual case. I'd be careful about this. His best argument about his proxy wedding not being valid in the US is the fact that he hasn't physically seen his wife since the wedding. If he is present at the interview then that argument goes out the window, and the consulate COULD say that they question whether the proxy marriage has now been consummated, and therefore is a valid marriage. He also apparently got a waiver of the 2 year meeting requirement. The validity of the waiver is going to be tenuous if he shows up for the interview.

This case seems to defy much of the standard advice.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

This is a very unusual case. I'd be careful about this. His best argument about his proxy wedding not being valid in the US is the fact that he hasn't physically seen his wife since the wedding. If he is present at the interview then that argument goes out the window, and the consulate COULD say that they question whether the proxy marriage has now been consummated, and therefore is a valid marriage. He also apparently got a waiver of the 2 year meeting requirement. The validity of the waiver is going to be tenuous if he shows up for the interview.

I hadn't thought about that. Funny how what goes on in the bedroom can effect a visa.

Very very good point.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.