~*Dorothy*~

Friday - 8/21/09

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: We almost made it to the weekend :dance: :dance: :dance:

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Edited by ~*Dorothy*~

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

(L) the new pix of Amera.

Contemplating staying for two more days and going up the last minute. Mom hurt my back moving stuff and sitting on a bus for 8 hours tomorrow doesn't seem like a great idea. I knew this would happen. Damn it! :angry:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

There's a cat trapped in our building somewhere and it won't stop screaming. Then there's the neighbor kid that never stops screaming. Top that all off with a wicked sinus infection and I'm pretty growly this morning.

Anyway, Happy Friday, MENA.

Good Morning Dorothy, Astarte, Sara, Olivia & IHQ. I wish I had your plans Astarte, ENJOY the margaritas and have one for me :)

Sara, are these 3 additional cats to your collection?? How many kittys you have now?

Olivia, i hope your mom's back gets better.

IHQ, i hope you got some sleep from all that commotion, how awful, I guess i won't complain when when my dog licks me on the face when she wakes up..lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Ok transferring travel talk to the friday thread. Does anyone know anything about the moroccan community in Montreal? I ask because we live not sooooo far from there, short plane ride or long drive and my in laws are coming from israel to visit for a month. My husband always wants them to go away for a short excursion towards the end of their stay here, partially so they can experience this but mostly because they start making him nuts and he knows he cant take a whole month. My in laws like to travel around, see sights, REALLY like to find other israelis/moroccan/tunisians their age they can "hang out with" they are EXTREMELY social. So I was thinking that Montreal might be nice because its pretty, they can speak french, and isnt there a big moroccan area with lots of moroccan restaurants etc? They would love something like that. Anyway I have never been which is ridiculous so let me know!

Morning MENA...HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I'm so glad this week is almost done. I am ready to go home and spend a nice weekend with my hubby and daughter. I plan on fasting during Ramadan with my hubby, so please pray for me! I know it will be good for me. I found a place here that had dates so I was able to stock up on those and I bought some semolina flour in hopes to make konafa and basbousa. We'll see how that goes. :)

Astarte..absolutely love your profile pic...I am a serious Johnny Depp fan! :)

Morning MENA...HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I'm so glad this week is almost done. I am ready to go home and spend a nice weekend with my hubby and daughter. I plan on fasting during Ramadan with my hubby, so please pray for me! I know it will be good for me. I found a place here that had dates so I was able to stock up on those and I bought some semolina flour in hopes to make konafa and basbousa. We'll see how that goes. :)

Astarte..absolutely love your profile pic...I am a serious Johnny Depp fan! :)

Good Luck with that Amanda, i tried to fast a couple of years back with my hubby and that lasted oh about a few hours, when i came into work, there were doughnuts, the glazed doughnut was just looking at me saying..eat me, i'm a sucker for glazed doughnuts..lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Morning MENA. 'nother blah day here. 2wks from tonight we leave for NY. My sister in law is coming next Wed for a few days so i need to get some stuff done in the next 4 days so i dont leave it all for the last week.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Morning MENA. 'nother blah day here. 2wks from tonight we leave for NY. My sister in law is coming next Wed for a few days so i need to get some stuff done in the next 4 days so i dont leave it all for the last week.

wow, 2 weeks jess, my how time just flys!

Jackie, i sure hope your meeting goes well!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning Mena!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning and Happy Friday, MENA!

Everyone have a wonderful day, and be blessed.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.