Jolex

I CALLED VSC TODAY... NOT SURE IF THIS MEANS ANYTHING

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So we have been waiting will be 6 months next week. When I checked the processing time again for VSC this morning it said 5 months for processing so I called. I told them it has past the processing time according to their website and it will be our 6 months of waiting next week. The customer service rep took my information and created a ticket of which she said she will send a request to VSC that our case has past the processing time and we should hear something within 45 days and if not to call back, she also gave me a tracking/ticket #.... Does this sound familiar to anyone? Does this mean anything?

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Does this mean anything?

It means they/you made a service request - kind of bumps the request up to a higher level so perhaps someone can look into your petition. Hang on to the ticket# so you can refer to it if you call back after not hearing anything. Hang in there. :thumbs:

Definitely hang onto the referral request number. According to the new USCIS Case Status Update Procedures posted recently, if you don't hear back within 30 days, you can email them at vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline
Definitely hang onto the referral request number. According to the new USCIS Case Status Update Procedures posted recently, if you don't hear back within 30 days, you can email them at vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov.

Will do thank you much!

Timeline
That's more than I got from them. At least there is a time period and not a date posted for the processing time now. Contact your Congressman and Senator ASAP! :)

Did you know contact your congressman/senator... what was the outcome of it, I know you have been approved, I was looking at your timeline.... Did you get their info from the website and called requesting for what? I guess I want to know how to present my case to my congressman/senator :help:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
That's more than I got from them. At least there is a time period and not a date posted for the processing time now. Contact your Congressman and Senator ASAP! :)

When you contact your Congressman or Senator you will only find out how little they actually do & raise the frustration bar. These are the same people that have not done anything since 1952 to reform the immigration laws. The same ones you see now working on health care. The same people watching Madoff at work.

If you decide to contact them use their web site to find the form, send that in, wait 3 weeks to get responce. Then another 30 days to recieve responce about your case. That responce will be exactly the same info you now have.

Here on V J there has been only one person that I have seen that got any usable assistance from a politician.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Here on V J there has been only one person that I have seen that got any usable assistance from a politician.

Hmm...

Contacting your congressman/senator has helped a lot of people here on VJ, however since you already have a service request I'd save the congressman card for if you don't hear back in the next 30 days.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Edited by Jauque

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hmm...

Contacting your congressman/senator has helped a lot of people here on VJ, however since you already have a service request I'd save the congressman card for if you don't hear back in the next 30 days.

If you believe a politician will help dont wait another minute. Waitng is what caused you to post on V J.

They all have a staff member employed to placate people that ask for help. That staff member calls UCIS or NVC & speaks to a staff member employed to speak to the other staff member.

Do it now. Why wait 30 days? There is no such thing as a card to play. These politicians work for you full time. When you call demand to speak to an elected politician. That wont happen.

Please take the time to let us know the outcome. No one wants you to succeed more than I do when it comes to using these politicians.

Every V J member that has posted has indicated the politician had no impact on the outcome of the case other than one from Hawaii. The info they got was exactly what they already had or could have gotten themselves.

Timeline

Hmm...

If you believe a politician will help dont wait another minute. Waitng is what caused you to post on V J.

They all have a staff member employed to placate people that ask for help. That staff member calls UCIS or NVC & speaks to a staff member employed to speak to the other staff member.

Do it now. Why wait 30 days? There is no such thing as a card to play. These politicians work for you full time. When you call demand to speak to an elected politician. That wont happen.

Please take the time to let us know the outcome. No one wants you to succeed more than I do when it comes to using these politicians.

Every V J member that has posted has indicated the politician had no impact on the outcome of the case other than one from Hawaii. The info they got was exactly what they already had or could have gotten themselves.

Thank you!

Edited by Jolex

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.