B and C

August 2009 VSC Filers

512 posts in this topic

I am a bit overwhelmed by everything myself, too, since I thought that I would have time until January at least to find out about the necessary after-NOA2-steps... BUT what I have been doing in the last days is taking a look at all the example forms for packet 3 here on VJ. Also, I wrote an e-mail to the embassy here in Vienna about what documents exactly from the USC they will need at the interview. Theeeen, this week my mom (since I'm not here) will go the police station to pick up my police certificate. I'm also trying to get infomation about all the required vaccinations and if I have them already. So these are things you can already start working on, too, I think. My fiance is gathering tax transcripts, a bank statement, letter from employer etc. right now and will have his birth certificate and passport certified and then he will send me all that stuff.

Hang in there, you will get your NOA2 soon too!! :star:

I have this weird idea that I need to get a police check from every city I have lived in since age 18, is that true? Not sure where I got the idea.. Also it would be nice if my mom could get it for me from my hometown since it's 3 hours away, not easily accessible (plus expensive) by public transit and I don't drive. :blush: But I also thought I'd have to get it in person for some reason..

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
I have this weird idea that I need to get a police check from every city I have lived in since age 18, is that true? Not sure where I got the idea.. Also it would be nice if my mom could get it for me from my hometown since it's 3 hours away, not easily accessible (plus expensive) by public transit and I don't drive. :blush: But I also thought I'd have to get it in person for some reason..

Hmm.. I don't know about if you really need a police check from every city you've lived in for more than a year.. I think you would need a police certificate from every COUNTRY that you've lived in for more than a year, but not city... but yeah, don't know that for sure.

I have already lived in the States for a year and for my visa back then I needed a police certificate as well. I'm never home during the week and my mom got it for me from the police station in my hometown just fine, no problem at all, I didn't have to show up in person there. But I don't know about the situation in Canada.. but I think it would be crazy having to drive across the whole country for gathering numerous pieces of police certificates, one here, one there, escpecially by public transport .. there has to be an easier way I think :)

AOS

08/10/10 - mailed AOS/EAD/AP-package

08/13/10 - package delivered in Chicago

08/20/10 - received USCIS text messages/emails regarding acceptance AOS/EAD/AP

08/23/10 - received 3 NOA1 hardcopies

08/30/10 - all 3 touched

09/07/10 - received Biometrics letter

09/14/10 - received text msg/email - AOS application transferred to CSC

09/15/10 - AOS application touched

09/21/10 - AOS application transferred to "a USCIS office"

09/29/10 - Biometrics

09/30/10 - all 3 applications touched

10/01/10 - EAD card production ordered/AP approved

10/08/10 - AP received

10/12/10 - EAD card received

12/07/10 - AOS approved/Card production ordered

12/14/10 - received Welcome Notice in mail

Does the petitioner need to send the birth certificate? You don't need to do that in the UK...

Not really sure, I've seen different answers on this here. Some embassies require it. But that's why I wrote that email to the embassy. The problem I have is that due to the fact that there aren't really many austrian people moving to the US nor members of this forum I can't really ask anybody here specifically about certain requirements of the Viennese embassy.. So I just thought it's better be safe than sorry..

Once I get a response from the embassy I'll post it here.

If you are born in the U.S. then yes. If you are a naturalized citizen of the United States then you need to send a copy of your naturalization papers/certificate.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: Timeline

hi guys

just curious about this

my fiancee sent me a copy also

The above petition has been approved and forward to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any question about visa issuance or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate. The petitioner can also file form I-824 , APPLICATION FOR ACTION AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION, with this office to request that we notify another consulate of the petition approval for visa processing purposes

Guys what this mean ? FORM I-824?

what this all about?

are u guys same said on your NOA2 noticed hard copy?

September 23, 2009 ----- Sent I-129F

September 28, 2009 ------ Delivered to VSC

September 29, 2009 ------ Received VSC

October 02, 2009 ------- Encashed Cheque

October 06, 2009 -------- Hard Copy NOA1

October 20, 2009 -------- NOA2 checked online status

October 22, 2009-------- NVC received

October 27,2009 -------- Hard Copy NOA2

October 26,2009 -------- NVC sent to Consulate

Nov. 25, 2009 -------- Medical schedule "PASSED"

Dec. 14, 2009 -------- Interview schedule "APPROVED"

Dec. 17, 2009 -------- VISA ON HAND------ 7:31pm air21 delivered

Dec. 28,2009 ------------------- CFO seminar -------------GOT sticker and certificate

Jan. 26,2010 ----------------------on hand my ticket ------------ FLY TO MY HONEY B........

I Purchase my ticket from WOW TRAVEL CEBU----- got my ticket at a very good price included with PTA I highly recommended with this travel agency.... the owner and staff are so nice and very good to deal with ......... proven already cause alot of customers bought a ticket from them.

heres the link http://profiles.friendster.com/112899422

and heres the email add: wowtraveltoursemall@gmail.com

If you want your application to be processed at another consulate then you fill out that form.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
If you are born in the U.S. then yes. If you are a naturalized citizen of the United States then you need to send a copy of your naturalization papers/certificate.

hey thanks! I will just bring a certified copy of his birth certificate to the interview then.

AOS

08/10/10 - mailed AOS/EAD/AP-package

08/13/10 - package delivered in Chicago

08/20/10 - received USCIS text messages/emails regarding acceptance AOS/EAD/AP

08/23/10 - received 3 NOA1 hardcopies

08/30/10 - all 3 touched

09/07/10 - received Biometrics letter

09/14/10 - received text msg/email - AOS application transferred to CSC

09/15/10 - AOS application touched

09/21/10 - AOS application transferred to "a USCIS office"

09/29/10 - Biometrics

09/30/10 - all 3 applications touched

10/01/10 - EAD card production ordered/AP approved

10/08/10 - AP received

10/12/10 - EAD card received

12/07/10 - AOS approved/Card production ordered

12/14/10 - received Welcome Notice in mail

10/14/2009 I-129F NOA2 approval notification by e-mail - in Thailand!

10/15/2009 Package received at NVC, Portsmouth, NH

10/16/2009 NVC sends package to BKK consulate

10/20/2009 package received at BKK consulate

10/31/2009 packet3 instructinos received at her address in BKK

Update of my timeline - events in October.

Oh what a feeling!

Today before going to Chulalongkorn U. to have lunch with her son (also with her ex)

I was standing outside her house and saw the mailman drive up on his motorbike.

She came out to greet him and I thought (no, this couldn't be possible) but YES!

The letter from the US Consulate with our case number & packet3 instructions.

On the very last day of my visit, just before leaving for NYC.

Thanks again to all my VJ friends, especially D & T who we

met on Thursday in BKK. :dance::dance::dance:

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Hey congrats!

Got a few updates here too, USCIS got our RFE answer ("Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed") after a kinda goofy errors of ours, and USPS (US Postal Service) too, it seems, and we just need to wait for the result now, should be soon!

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I received my NOA2 after 29 days! is this a record!? I'm waiting on the NVC to receive our package! Does any one know if the UK postal strike might be delaying things :wow: !

Also how are people's wedding plans going! It's driving me mad being unable to pick a date and start the wedding arrangements! I'm staying hopeful for March! Our NOA2 was so fast i'm hoping everything else will be just as good...

good luck to everyone else! bless!

^^ :bonk:

:innocent:

You're still in the USA, lol, NVC is in New Hampshire. You'll have a little while to wait :star:

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hmm.. I don't know about if you really need a police check from every city you've lived in for more than a year.. I think you would need a police certificate from every COUNTRY that you've lived in for more than a year, but not city... but yeah, don't know that for sure.

I have already lived in the States for a year and for my visa back then I needed a police certificate as well. I'm never home during the week and my mom got it for me from the police station in my hometown just fine, no problem at all, I didn't have to show up in person there. But I don't know about the situation in Canada.. but I think it would be crazy having to drive across the whole country for gathering numerous pieces of police certificates, one here, one there, escpecially by public transport .. there has to be an easier way I think :)

Depends on the country. Turkey wants police certificate from every place lived since the age of 16.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Congrats to TD4Me and Carolina, good to hear from you guys, our thread's been awfully quiet (and I certainly don't have any news).

How's everyone else doing on their journey?

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Just waitin' on the London embassy to actually pick up their package and enter our info in so we can send packet 3 documents off! They have it, they just haven't opened it. Doesn't help that mail once it gets out that the Royal Mail is on strike :whistle:

lol.

But we're hoping to get a February interview anyway since our wedding is in September.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
^^ :bonk:

:innocent:

You're still in the USA, lol, NVC is in New Hampshire. You'll have a little while to wait :star:

yeah I know, I got the letter saying our packet was sent to the Embassy about 3 weeks ago... waiting sucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.