evey

made appt. with lawyer

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, thinking we might make a mistake in our filing we made an appt. with a lawyer, they emailed some forms to us and they are dif. then what I see here They are immigration lawyers but now I am wondering why the forms are dif. Bio forms, affidavit, and letter of intent are all dif. And does the lawyer fill in the I129? more confused then ever. thanks for any input you can give

Our time line

2010-03-02 I-129F Application sent to CSC

2010-03-04 Check cashed

2010-03-05 NOA1 Receipt

2010-03-08 Touched

2010-04-14 NOA2 Received email that our I-129F application was approved

2010-04-20 NOA2 hard copy received, Petition sent to NVC

2010-04-20 NVC sent Petition sent to embassy

2010-04-21 Called NVC and got case number

2010-04-23 Petition received at London Embassy

2010-04-28 Packet 3 letter of instructions from the London Embassy

2010-05-10 Medical appointment scheduled

2010-05-10 Passed medical, embassy will get report by Thursday

2010-06-19 Sent in packet 3

2010-07-07 Received appointment letter

2010-07-23 Interview Day

2010-07-23 Approoved!

2010-08-05 Recieved visa

2010-09-02 POE Arriving Atlanta

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well, thinking we might make a mistake in our filing we made an appt. with a lawyer, they emailed some forms to us and they are dif. then what I see here They are immigration lawyers but now I am wondering why the forms are dif. Bio forms, affidavit, and letter of intent are all dif. And does the lawyer fill in the I129? more confused then ever. thanks for any input you can give

how are they different?

form numbers, versions. what exactly?

letter of intent is understandable because it is merely a personal statement

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

how are they different?

there not forms, they look just like typed out forms on white paper

Edited by evey

Our time line

2010-03-04 Check cashed

2010-03-05 NOA1 Receipt

2010-03-08 Touched

2010-07-23 Interview Day

2010-07-23 Approoved!

2010-08-05 Recieved visa

Timeline
They're probably internal forms they want you to complete, then their people will complete the actual forms with your information.

Ahh, i see, thank you so much. there are so many good stories here and happy ones but then there are sad ones, just want it all to go right the first time

so my fiance and I can go on with our lives. Thanks again

Our time line

2010-03-04 Check cashed

2010-03-05 NOA1 Receipt

2010-03-08 Touched

2010-07-23 Interview Day

2010-07-23 Approoved!

2010-08-05 Recieved visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They are different to make you think he is doing something for the money you paid. The information you give him will be transferred to the forms you see here. The attorney can do nothing. You have to give him all the information and all the documents. He fills in forms and licks the stamp and empties your wallet.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
They're probably internal forms they want you to complete, then their people will complete the actual forms with your information.

Ahh, i see, thank you so much. there are so many good stories here and happy ones but then there are sad ones, just want it all to go right the first time

so my fiance and I can go on with our lives. Thanks again

An attorney is not a guarantee anything will go right. It will slow the process by several weeks as he fills out forms between rounds of golf with information you filled out on his forms and could have put directly on the real forms yourself. Have you looked at the forms?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

how are they different?

Pay...

They are data collection forms the attorneys use. Then his $12 per hour secretary fills in the data from those forms onto the official forms that are on this site for download free. 3 weeks after the OP gives all the data and documents to the attorney, he will call them in to sign the real forms which could have been at USCIS if it weren't for the attorney slowing things down. His letter of intent is just his example of the sample letter of intent here. I guess that makes it worth the price.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

how are they different?

Pay...

They are data collection forms the attorneys use. Then his $12 per hour secretary fills in the data from those forms onto the official forms that are on this site for download free. 3 weeks after the OP gives all the data and documents to the attorney, he will call them in to sign the real forms which could have been at USCIS if it weren't for the attorney slowing things down. His letter of intent is just his example of the sample letter of intent here. I guess that makes it worth the price.

ah, yeah... I think I understood that from her reply

YMMV

We hired a lawyer as well. It gives us piece of mind to have someone complete them who is familiar with the process.

Last year John had decided to do his divorce on his own since it was straight-forward (with the help of an online case mgmt account), but that ended up causing way more headaches with things not being filled out, and the forms being returned from the court for seemingly endless corrections... for us it was worth the money to have someone else deal with that side of things!

Good luck to you!

Our Timeline - AOS from J-1 & J-2

10/03/09 - Wedding in Reno, NV

01/14/10 - I-485, I-130, I-765 & I-131 filed

01/25/10 - Checks cashed, NOAs sent!! (Day 1)

01/28/10 - NOAs received - dated 1/25/10 (Day 3)

02/04/10 - Biometrics letter received! (Day 10)

02/16/10 - Biometrics appointment, Modesto, CA - COMPLETED! (Day 22)

03/11/10 - Received interview notice - April 15, 2010 in Fresno, CA (Day 45)

03/18/10 - AP Approved (for my daughter - not me)!! (Day 52)

03/24/10 - Touch I-485 and email that RFE received on 2/18/10 (Day 58)

04/05/10 - INFOPASS appointment -- was told NBC must have decided not to process AP or EAD because interview was so soon. (Day 70)

04/13/10 - Email - EAD Card production ordered, Touch on my AP (Day 78)

04/15/10 - Interview @ 10:30am - APPROVED!!! Email - Green Card production ordered! (Day 80)

04/16/10 - My AP received in mail (no approval email), ANOTHER email EAD Card production ordered, Touch on I-765, I-485 & I-130 (Day 81)

04/20/10 - Green card status changed to post-decision activity, Touch on I-765 & I-485 (Day 85)

04/26/10 - Greencard RECEIVED!!!! (Day 91)

Our Timeline - ROC

02/09/12 - I-751 Filed

how are they different?

there not forms, they look just like typed out forms on white paper

Yes. because they use those forms to gather your personal data to complete the required forms.

I think it's always best to go to the source....USCIS

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

We hired a lawyer as well. It gives us piece of mind to have someone complete them who is familiar with the process.

Last year John had decided to do his divorce on his own since it was straight-forward (with the help of an online case mgmt account), but that ended up causing way more headaches with things not being filled out, and the forms being returned from the court for seemingly endless corrections... for us it was worth the money to have someone else deal with that side of things!

Good luck to you!

REally? I think I should go into immigration law. I mean that's basically giving away your money. The only fill out the forms and probably don't even have to provide any legal advice.

Good luck to you!

REally? I think I should go into immigration law. I mean that's basically giving away your money. The only fill out the forms and probably don't even have to provide any legal advice.

:thumbs:

Unless the case is complicated—a small fraction of all IR-1/CR-1/K-1 and derivative visa filings—engaging a lawyer equals paying hundreds of dollars for transcription services.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.