52 posts in this topic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

At last Monday is done with somewhere in the world :dance: :dance: :dance: ...just 9:18 p.m. in NYC... oh and wishing you a good Tuesday!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
*waves* at Dorothy.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you Nagi (F) How are you doing, girl?

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Happy Tuesday!!

We talk each night via webcam-but we have gotten into a rut and I have been getting restless. I decided we would go on a virtual "date"last night. I picked a nearby restaurant that had an online menu; I picked a YouTube video of funny commercials to watch (although his computer at the Internet cafe in Syria not able to open it); we played tic-tac-toe and hangman on paper (his computer will not allow fancy online games); we had a contest to see who could find the answer to some very obscure questions my daughter had... all in all it was a fun diversion. I am wondering if anyone else has done this and what other things I can do to help promote a sense of fun... It can get SO down waiting in AP... so I am planning another one this weekend. Need some ideas! Thanks!

:goofy:

ah. the longing....

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

well its still only 1030 here but I am going to go ahead and say happy Tuesday :)

work is kicking my a** these days - I am so exhausted at the end of the day I could keel over asleep if I allow myself to stop moving. so I forge ahead with dinner, and baby bath, and story times, and hanging with my son, and some chores, etc etc until its now and I am headed to bed..... :)

Have a great tuesday everyone!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

(((Annie)))

Its 527am and I feel like I didnt even sleep last night. Had work til 8 yesterday and then a monthly meeting til 915, after an hour drive home, laundry to fold and toy cleanup, I didnt get to bed til 1am. ahhhh I am not gonna make it on 4.5 hours of sleep. I truly dont know how I will manage my life when school starts in 2 weeks. I wish life was just a TAD easier sometimes. :( ok im done complaining lol

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Day two of not smoking I keep telling myself it will get easier everyday. Have a good one everyone.

00190-daily-cartoons-quitting-smoki.gif

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Happy Tuesday !

Annie, prayers and good thoughts coming your way (F)

((kelz)) girl you gotta get some sleep! I had 5 1/2 hours and I am already azz-draggin.

bajih- for Thanksgiving last year...I served Ibrahim an entire meal (from pics grabbed on photobucket.com) I started with a formally set table, moved onto appetizers and salad......as I served each dish I told him what was in it and how it was cooked. It was AWESOME! This year I'm starting early...I'm gonna add Labor Day and Halloween. Can't wait to go 'virtual trick or treatin' :P

I survived a downsizing at work yesterday. Alhamdulillah I have a job.

jax (F)

Edited by just_Jackie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning Mena! I think I've had 4 hours worth of sleep all night long. Up and down all night til 4 til morning. My head hurts, and I wish I could go back to bed :( but i gotta go to work!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Happy Tuesday!!

We talk each night via webcam-but we have gotten into a rut and I have been getting restless. I decided we would go on a virtual "date"last night. I picked a nearby restaurant that had an online menu; I picked a YouTube video of funny commercials to watch (although his computer at the Internet cafe in Syria not able to open it); we played tic-tac-toe and hangman on paper (his computer will not allow fancy online games); we had a contest to see who could find the answer to some very obscure questions my daughter had... all in all it was a fun diversion. I am wondering if anyone else has done this and what other things I can do to help promote a sense of fun... It can get SO down waiting in AP... so I am planning another one this weekend. Need some ideas! Thanks!

:goofy:

My husband and I have had "movie date night" where we'll watch the same movie at the same time. We turn on MSN and open our webcams and make comments while we watch the movie. Its all we have for now, so its enough for me. We also watch the soccer matches the same way when they are on. I've also taken to preparing him for life in our small town. I'll take pictures of my town and email them to him and we've explored it via Google Earth (street view). Also, we play Uno on MSN Messenger. Pretty lame, but its a nice way to wind down on the weekends. We're always "together", though. We both have MSN on our mobile phones, so if I'm not at my computer, I'm there for him on my phone and vice-versa. Its been that way since the day we met over a year and a half ago, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I know the restless feeling though. We're about 3 weeks away from his interview and I thougt I'd be more excited about it, but we still have to wait out the AP and there is no way to determine how long that will be. I'm starting to get a bit jaded by this whole process, but my husband keeps me positive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.