JanaknJanet

My MENA Friends..

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

My friends.. Thanks for being there.. many know me and know of my story... however .. I must come to reality... ..

I

I wish to express to many I have met on my halted journey how much I appreciate the support and understanding that has been shown.

Due to some situations and information that I have become aware of I have decided to walk.

I have been committed and dedicated to the man I believed was doing the same. Unfortunately reality sets in .. and .. when one half of the equation cannot fulfill the commitment it has to end. .. Jan is in fact .. in reality.. STILL Married.. .. even tho he states he is "free to marry" in India.. that does not give him LEGALITY to marry in USA... .. four years ago he state he had the Legal divorce finalized and was simply awaiting a document. that has NEVER come to light.. .. after his travels to Rome on a business trip.. he returned even more distant than in past... it got me not only more irritated but simply more enlightened. .. a friend of mine who is as well from India.. explained to me .. that it is almost impossible for a Indian man Hindi to fulfill a divorce tru courts. and asked me if i was really sure he was divorced... well.. long story short... I asked Jan.. I need a answer... straight answer... was he divorced.. he simply answered. NO.. .. turned it around and said I knew that.... .. ohhh noooo.. not......I reminded him he said it was completed over three years ago... ..bla bla bla... mis understanding.. miscommunication.. cultural differences.. who knows....

Fact is Fact.. he is not Divorced... .. he is NOT free to express the things he has said.. nor make commitments as he did. ..

He was confused... and couldn't understand why he cannot just come here and be with me.... ... .. I asked him. what part of .. BEING free to make that commitment does he not understand.... .. he stated his love has not changed.. .. cant we just be together........ HELLLLLOOOO.. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE ..?? psahhh... I am nooooo sugar momma... .. I am not desperate... I need a man that is free to commit to me... who can give me him.. .. that I wont sit there thinking .. that any moment.. the Xwife/or family can take away anything we built... What kind of future is that... .. hell it is NOOO future..

Janak said he talked to his lawyer.. and was told what he needed to do.. .. all of which is exactly the same of what he said he did four years ago... .. he then said he would take care of it. and do it. he said that the lawyer said it could take 2-5 more years... hellllloooo??/ what.. he said he would do what was needed... ... I was left in the conversation.. being told he will do it.. .. I asked should I call and see how things are? should I be in contact with him? .. he left the conversation saying.. Ill e-mail you.... I asked .. so what I am to be on hold.. till a email.. he simply said . he would email.. and thus the conversation ended... he hung up.... ..

sitting dazed.. not sure if i had anything left to cry. i tried to decipher what just happened....

well.. now... it is almost 8 weeks since this conspired.... and I have not heard a word... . ..

I did last week.. try to call.. but.. what I got was the .. phone ring then it goes dead.. obviously that he dropped the call. disconnecting it from his side.

NOOO ONE needs their life to be on hold like this.. I cannot say bad concerning this man.. .. I do believe there was something between us.. .. but.. simply said.. it is/was something that could not come to reality. Time has taken its tole.. ..

Whether or not his intentions were legit.. .. it is not something I can live with myself being placed on hold for...

Another year goes by.. and yet I am still the one sitting here .. alone... .. words are simply that words... ..

I cannot afford to place myself on hold due to uncertainties..

Many will say..... he took me for a ride.. we all know that is what people say.. or .. I told you so.. etc..

but .. No one knows what we shared.. what we felt..... .. for that I am grateful to have had that.. if only for the short time I had.

There is no excuse for him to have dropped the ball..... .. .. if he was sincere now with the future of us.. I know I should have heard from him...

Soooooo Please... .. remember.. .. what we are doing now. is simply this.. a journey... learn.. enjoy... love... it can end at anytime...

Best of luck to all.. and hope you find your journey smoother... ..

love to all.. Janet

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Janet, I'm so sorry you've found yourself in this sad and heartbreaking situation...I admire your courage to post it here and I hope that you'll find peace (F) (((HUGS)))

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

I wish you all the best in your future, I am here if you need to talk.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

im sorry to hear your story. it really is sad to have your heart broken. im sure another man will come along soon and you fall in love again. good luck with everything.

Timeline

I am so sorry that you had to experience that, I wish you the best of luck for the future.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Learn from it, Grow from it. Everyone coming into our life is there for a reason, although they may not stay. My almost ex husband opened up a door to the world for me, another close friend opened up a new spiritual world for me. Nothing is impossible if you keep your heart, your mind, and your soul open for the Great things in life.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your heartbreak and numbness will end soon, God Bless You.

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Janet, thank you for having the courage it takes to post your story. Best wishes to you. (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I am so sorry (F)

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi! I didn't get a chance to know you here on VJ but your story was truly touching. None of us really knows what the real deal is with someone especially in situations (journeys) like ours.

Unfortunately for most of us, without the day to day interactions we would enjoy if were were dating someone in our town, city state etc .. we can only go by what someone tells & shows us from great distances (naturally never understimate your gut instincts).

I'm sorry to hear things fell apart ... time really does heal anything thats bruised us

Despite it all, I hope it doesnt jade you for the next great thing/person/opportunity that comes your way. Best of luck & take care of U! (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I appreciate the words of kindness..

I am not one to take this as being "jaded"

I was given a gift.. the love, friendship and experience that the two of us shared...

He showed me I still can love.. and wish to. ..

If I learn anything from any of this.. it simply is.. that.. each day is special..

we are special... and we dont know when it is not going to be taken from us. .

I now will spend my day.. in the focus as it has been in the past .. as it should be.. and that is the focus of my family.. my daughters...

I am not closing off my heart .. for I do know that there is one that is ment to be for me. ..

I aknow I am a good person.. good intentions.. and.. good spirit... I harm noone.. thus.. it is to be my turn one day to reap what I have sewn.

I know it is not Jan.... he was a gift .. a blessing . and if i can simply glean that he opened the door for my future for someone then so be it..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.