Tnic

Starting over

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Guys, I don't how to tell you this, but here goes.

In July I made the very difficult decision to end my relationship with Irina. I don't want to hash it out here or run her down because that's just not my style. There were just some things that I cannot live with or tolerate and I have ended it. No fights, no shouting, but a lot of tears from both of us. But, I had to do this.

I am beginning the search all over again now, I will find my second half one way or another. I have already begun writing to a few so I'll see where that leads.

Thanks,

Tim

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

In July I made the very difficult decision to end my relationship with Irina. I don't want to hash it out here or run her down because that's just not my style. There were just some things that I cannot live with or tolerate and I have ended it. No fights, no shouting, but a lot of tears from both of us. But, I had to do this.

I am beginning the search all over again now, I will find my second half one way or another. I have already begun writing to a few so I'll see where that leads.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

I'm sorry that you went through this difficulty but I applaud you for noticing that things just weren't right and for ending it when you did. So many guys, for whatever reason, simply dismiss those types of issues; saying to themselves, "Oh, it's just cultural differences" or "I'm sure things will get better once she's here and we're together full time." But of course, in most cases, it doesn't get better and the relationship eventually comes to an end at a point where there's so much more invested in the relationship and it's impossible to simply walk away.

Good luck in the future and know that you've always got friends here who are more than happy to give you advice and support anytime that you need it.

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks Rob.

We actually met here as she was getting her D from the guy who brought her over (his idea, not hers) and I canceled travel plans to go to Ukraine to meet a nice lady. But yes, you think its the cultural differences for awhile before it becomes apparent that this is not the woman I thought I was getting. I lived with a similar situation for 10 years with my (now) ex and I promised myself "Never Again".

I'm glad I have the option of going over and staying as long as I want, which is what I will do when I find the right gal to visit (I'm going to stick with Ukraine for now because of the more relaxed visa requirements). Its also a little humorous because one of Irina's close friends here is already lining up the local Russian divorcees for my return to Maine later this month so I won't be hurting to attention.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Good luck she is out there

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

I'm sorry that you went through this difficulty but I applaud you for noticing that things just weren't right and for ending it when you did. So many guys, for whatever reason, simply dismiss those types of issues; saying to themselves, "Oh, it's just cultural differences" or "I'm sure things will get better once she's here and we're together full time." But of course, in most cases, it doesn't get better and the relationship eventually comes to an end at a point where there's so much more invested in the relationship and it's impossible to simply walk away.

Good luck in the future and know that you've always got friends here who are more than happy to give you advice and support anytime that you need it.

Some good commentary Rob :thumbs: It seems to me that many of us in this forum have the same challenges starting out, regardless of how we met our SOs. There are 1) normal man/woman relationship issues, then there is an overlay of 2) cultural issues, sometimes topped with 3) age difference issues (for some of us).

The two things that seem true for most are that a) There are usually signs early on when problems exist, even though it is tough to tell sometimes what the root cause might be, and B) Some of us refuse to back up and admit that it isn't working - taking a damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead attitude that causes the train wreck everybody can see coming.

I give Tim a tremendous amount of credit for putting on the brakes and stopping the relationship when in his opinion it wasn't going to work. Keep your head up Tim, better luck is coming.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
Dang Tim, sorry to hear it. But it sounds like you've got a pretty healthy outlook on the whole thing, so I don't doubt that you'll end up happy when all is said and done. Stick around anyway, we're good therapy for what ails ya. :)

Tim posted on another forum that he is getting married. all's well that ends well.

Filed: Timeline
Dang Tim, sorry to hear it. But it sounds like you've got a pretty healthy outlook on the whole thing, so I don't doubt that you'll end up happy when all is said and done. Stick around anyway, we're good therapy for what ails ya. :)

Tim posted on another forum that he is getting married. all's well that ends well.

Already?? :blink: Huh.

Already?? :blink: Huh.

Link please (or he's lyin' :lol: )

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Or he did like the majority of online shoppers and added several to the cart at once, only completing the sale and entering shipping information once he was sure it came with a money-back guarantee.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
Link please (or he's lyin' :lol: )

http://russianmeetingplace.com/forums/show...4923&page=3

Or he did like the majority of online shoppers and added several to the cart at once, only completing the sale and entering shipping information once he was sure it came with a money-back guarantee.

He did meet her at Wal-Mart, and Wal-Mart does have a good return / exchange policy, maybe he got store credit?

Well you do know that now VISA is guaranteeing all purchases, so perhaps he went to VISA and got them to get give him and exchange as long as the new one doesnt cost more than the original purchase.

Of course as both at least Slim and I have learned its not the upfront cost that is scary its the upkeep and maintenance that is the killer.

Personally I am a little suspect but I usually am.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Of course as both at least Slim and I have learned its not the upfront cost that is scary its the upkeep and maintenance that is the killer.

Yeah, tax, title, destination fee is nothing. It's the charges after your warranty expires that really get you. I swear they send them pre-programed to ####### out as soon as the warranty expires.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.