prosas

Help please

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

I married my wife on July 20th 2009 in Colombia, I am back in the US, as citizen I am filing the I-130 form along with I-129f, I want to have my wife to my side ASAP, I am sending a package with financial supports forms 134 and I 864 copies of income taxes, pictures g325 forms etc etc.

I want to know how is that I can get her the K3? And how is the I 129 f is going to help me. All lawyers want thousands of dollars! I rather expend that kind of money paying off my wedding credit card bills and her tickets to the US.

Also this Bonafide affidavits, my boss, peers and kids are willing to give me one each, however I was the only one from my side of the family in the wedding in Colombia, my kids is deployed with the USMC, my daughter just had a baby and my parents were on vacation in the Galapagos Islands, I do have a about 300 pictures and videos, I don't have any joint accounts since she doesn't have any US papers yet! How do I do this?

Please help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Welcome here is a forum for colombians goign through the Bogota embassy where you cna also get more information.

Also the CR1 Visa would be much better as she is an LPR unpon arrival here to the US.

Colombia club

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Why are you sending both types of affidavits? (134/864).

You should only need one, and that one depends on the embassy.

:guides: - there is a breakdown on what to do.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

PS read the guides they help alot

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Don't need ANY for the initial submission.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Don't need ANY for the initial submission.

Yes, or course, spelled out in the guides, as referenced.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

By not sending the correct documents at the right time, you will certianly slow up your petition. You are sending TOO much at this point and will likely delay your case. Please read the guides.

I suggest following the CR-1 route, it seems to be faster these days than the K-3 which appears to be slowing cases down.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I married my wife on July 20th 2009 in Colombia, I am back in the US, as citizen I am filing the I-130 form along with I-129f, I want to have my wife to my side ASAP, I am sending a package with financial supports forms 134 and I 864 copies of income taxes, pictures g325 forms etc etc.

I want to know how is that I can get her the K3? And how is the I 129 f is going to help me. All lawyers want thousands of dollars! I rather expend that kind of money paying off my wedding credit card bills and her tickets to the US.

Also this Bonafide affidavits, my boss, peers and kids are willing to give me one each, however I was the only one from my side of the family in the wedding in Colombia, my kids is deployed with the USMC, my daughter just had a baby and my parents were on vacation in the Galapagos Islands, I do have a about 300 pictures and videos, I don't have any joint accounts since she doesn't have any US papers yet! How do I do this?

Please help!

All we sent in for evidence was pictures of our engagement dinner, our civil wedding and our Christian wedding. I was also the only one from my family at the wedding. It was not an issue with NVC or with the CO at the embassy. We had much more evidence than the pictures we sent in with the package but, for some reason, in our case we did not need it. You could include the copies of the forms putting your wife on your insurance at work. Anything that shows that you two are truly tied together.

I would advise giong with the CR1 I-130) and not the K3. The time difference is only a few weeks and the CR1 process is several hundred dollars cheaper, plus your wife will not need a separate Employment Authorization Document and you will not have to Adjust Status. When you have been married two years, you can apply to remove the temporary conditions. Just file the I-130 and forget about the I-129F.

We did everything ourselves without a lawyer. Use the guides here and dot every "i" and cross every "t". My wife arrives in Seattle on Aug 14th. The whole process took us just over eight months, but we did have one RFE from the NVC because I made a mistake on one date. That cost us about three weeks to correct. My wife actually had her interview last month, but she needed three weeks notice at her job and a little extra time with her family. Since I was able to visit for 10 days in April, the separation was tolerable. My time line is below. Just follow the guides and if you have questions, post them. This is a great community that really tries to help.

By the way, I served in the Corps back during the cold war. My prayers are with your son. Semper Fi.

Best wishes and God Bless.

Rick

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

Marriage : 2008-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2009-01-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-01-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-03-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-03-17

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-03-24

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-03-19

Receive IV Bill : 2009-03-31

Pay IV Bill : 2009-04-03

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-06-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-05-05

NVC Left : 2009-06-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-13

Visa Received : 2009-07-18

US Entry : 2009-08-14

Comments : Passed interview 13 July 2009!!!!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 46 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 182 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : Fort Lauderdale

POE Date : 2009-08-14

RickD

http://www.freebizfromhome.com

If you really want things to change, you actually have to DO something!

Please help!

hello prosas... no spend in lawyer , you can get help here in these forum.. in this website.. read in good way the ways for get your wife. like cr1 or k3. im aplicanting cr1. my husband sent the papers.and well i have been reading a lot of forum here and you and your wife can get help..

we were going to get lawyer but really this website is the best and cheaper lol.. the colombians have a forum called colombianos en visa k1, but im there too.. you find visa cr1. k3, k1 there in spanish.

so i advice that.

have good luck!!

mary

hello... i just saw this forum... IM COLOMBIAN , MY HUSBAND IS FROM TEXAS.. HE JUST SENT THE I130 FOR CR1. WE ARE STARTING THE PROCESS..

HE CALLED AND GET THE NUMBER OF THE PROCESS , NOW WE ARE WAITING FOR THE PAPER AND LATER ... WE WILL SEE!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!

MARY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.