Ihavequestions

It's Tuesday in MENA

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Try and try as I may, I can't seem to shake the urge to move outside of the US. Seems like since I had the little "taste" of living in another country for a few weeks I can't get it out of my head. Please pray for me as I am struggling these days with exactly where I need to be and what I need to do. Now that I have my hubby with me, I feel like the rest of my life isn't where it should be. :blink:

I think a lot of women in this situation probably dream or fantasize about moving to their SO's country.

The thing is, many people have only visited that country for a couple of weeks, and going somewhere on vacation and living somewhere are two very different things.

In the States, you are at work and miss your hubby, but if you lived in his country, it would be him out working and what would you be doing, sitting at home? You would still be away from him during the daytime hours. He can't sit around with you like when you are on vacation. And chances are, that unless either of you is fairly wealthy, you won't be living with the same standard that you did while on vacation.

You will also be missing MANY conveniences that you have in the States, and even if you like roughing it, it gets old after a while.

There are certainly great things about living in a different culture and experiencing it, but remember that saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side"? :whistle:

It seems that you are in a honeymoon phase and don't want it to end, but real life is what we all get to deal with, perfect or not. (F)

No no the grass isnt greener on the other side....lol thats been my headline since i came back here. I dont knw where i want to be.

Hope everyone has a good day.

A month from tonight we will be heading to the airport for another airport see ya later. As excited as ive been about the trip, sure when it comes down to it there is some sadness being away from George and stuff. really my heart and soul is never complete no matter which side of the big pond im on. sigh.

Hope you are feeling better about things soon.

Edited by jessNgeorges

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya Hayat Albi...was your cousin the one who drowned off the beach in NY?? I just read the article about it in NY Post.

I am sorry to hear that. I will keep your family in my prayers and to think one day after he drowned a picture was released of a lifeguard ON DUTY with his headphones on listening to the IPOD! :unsure:

Nagi....PM me, how did it go dear? hope everything was taken care of and with little discomfort for you. (F)

IHQ GOOD LUCK H!!!!!!!!!!!

I see some very early birds and alot of new faces...good morning and welcome.

Jess, I can't believe how near you are to heading to the States..very exciting! :dance:

Hi Tamara...how is the transition going?? Keepin you guys busy I see. Thanks for the update and good luck settling into your new domain.

Charles I'll be taking the Soloist. Thanks to GG I have been turned on to KAT WILLIAMS...got to rent his IT'S PIMPIN, PIMPIN dvd from redbox last night. He doesn't crack me up like Chris Rock but it was fun to watch nonetheless.

Have a great day peeps....it looks like it's gonna be a little less humid today, but still hot :devil:

Edited by Sandrila

Try and try as I may, I can't seem to shake the urge to move outside of the US. Seems like since I had the little "taste" of living in another country for a few weeks I can't get it out of my head. Please pray for me as I am struggling these days with exactly where I need to be and what I need to do. Now that I have my hubby with me, I feel like the rest of my life isn't where it should be. :blink:

I think a lot of women in this situation probably dream or fantasize about moving to their SO's country.

The thing is, many people have only visited that country for a couple of weeks, and going somewhere on vacation and living somewhere are two very different things.

In the States, you are at work and miss your hubby, but if you lived in his country, it would be him out working and what would you be doing, sitting at home? You would still be away from him during the daytime hours. He can't sit around with you like when you are on vacation. And chances are, that unless either of you is fairly wealthy, you won't be living with the same standard that you did while on vacation.

You will also be missing MANY conveniences that you have in the States, and even if you like roughing it, it gets old after a while.

There are certainly great things about living in a different culture and experiencing it, but remember that saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side"? :whistle:

It seems that you are in a honeymoon phase and don't want it to end, but real life is what we all get to deal with, perfect or not. (F)

No no the grass isnt greener on the other side....lol thats been my headline since i came back here. I dont knw where i want to be.

A month from tonight we will be heading to the airport for another airport see ya later. As excited as ive been about the trip, sure when it comes down to it there is some sadness being away from George and stuff. really my heart and soul is never complete no matter which side of the big pond im on. sigh.

I am pretty sure you are right Jess..I've been thinking about that. I know that I will miss my family if I go to Jordan and lots of "American" things I will miss...but being here I miss my other family and the culture and the laid back atmosphere. I know my hubby would be working and I would miss him...but then again he wouldn't have near as much trouble at least finding a job over there. And we could go to the Dead Sea, the Jordan Valley and Aqaba on the weekends to relax. I don't know. I think that is really what is going on inside me...a huge crisis back and forth not know which side would actually be best. Plus my grandparents are getting older and I want my daugther and future children to be with them as much as possible and they can't do that if we are 6000 miles away. So I am hoping that once my hubby gets a job and we get into the swing of things, those feelings will at least calm down a bit and hopefully a visit over there soon will help too. Just pray for us!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We know your pain all too well Jess. I hope the departing goes ok for you and your visit home is pleasant.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Tuesday MENA! Just got back from work a little while ago.. It's 7:00 pm and I'm trying not to fall asleep, I barely had any sleep last night -_-.. I'll probably clean and read a little and talk to fiance till it's bed time.

Ya Hayat Albi, I'm very sorry for your loss. (F) *hugs*

IHQ, keep us posted!

Tamara, haven't seen you around for a while. Good to see you back. (F)

Hope everyone is having a good day! :star:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

I will agree that this summer really hasn't been too bad, at least here on the North East Side.

We had tremendous humidity which makes me turn the A/C on but all in all I haven't used it much at all and to think that Lexi goes back on the 20th?? OMG :blink:

Mine go back on Sept 8 and that is not soon enough, however, shopping and forking over the dough for all the back to school stuff sure does put a dent in the ol' wallet.

My youngest already was notified of who her teacher will be. That is always a surprise and anticipation for them. Thank God her and her good friend got the same one this year!

Well heading off for my lunch time walk.

Day #2....as I said my laziness is off da charts.

Our new apt is directly across from the elevator and Sat I decided to take the stairs for the first time in oh say a couple of months...well my quadriceps were in so much pain from just walking floor 1 to floor 3 that I could barely walk down the stairs the next day. You know you get that one sign that puts fire up your rear and says SANDRILA, YOU LAZY BUTT, TIME TO GET UP OFF YOUR REAR AND DO SOMETHING?? Well pain prompted by just walking up the stairs is a sign that MY GOD that is pathetic! Pain from a normal daily activity :unsure:

I prefer to think of it more like, "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye." Today, I want roast chicken and baked beans. Yesterday I wanted to put my clothes in a dryer. The day before that, I wanted to drive. Tomorrow, I'm sure, will be something else I miss.

Alright, here's the scoop. The interview wasn't just "four questions" but, it appears, rather in-depth. He has to send a letter about why we haven't filed 2008's taxes together (because he wouldn't listen to me) and tell them what his "plan" is in the US. I have to establish domicile, which I expected. I do give the Embassy credit, though - they don't hand out visas because people want them and they take their job seriously. I understand it's hard fo r people who are separated from their spouses and waiting and I'm not trying to minimize that agony, I'm just saying I appreciate that the Embassy gives things a good, hard look. KWIM? Soooo, The Sultan appears to have let his drama queening go for the evening because, vroom, he's already sent what the Embassy wants from him so they'll have it tomorrow. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do about that domicile thing and, honestly, I don't know where to start.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hey MENA! Good Afternoon ...Hope all are having a great Tuesday :star:

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
I think Erma Bombeck said it best "the grass is ALWAYS greener over the septic tank" :devil:

:lol:

That totally made me laugh. :D

But yeah. I've been so homesick the last few days but guess what? This is my home now, not the States. :bonk: lol

Everything seems so easy in the States and it's SO CLEAN there. *sigh* :lol:

And man do I miss so many foods.

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I think Erma Bombeck said it best "the grass is ALWAYS greener over the septic tank" :devil:

:lol:

That totally made me laugh. :D

But yeah. I've been so homesick the last few days but guess what? This is my home now, not the States. :bonk: lol

Everything seems so easy in the States and it's SO CLEAN there. *sigh* :lol:

And man do I miss so many foods.

Are you planning on going back for a visit? Maybe if you had a set date to go back you'd have something to look forward to during the homesick times, you know?

I want the laid back atmosphere of Egypt but I also want central air, a permanent driver, a maid, someone to do the laundry for me, a private beach where no one else can see us swimming so that I can wear a bathingsuit (or mah b-day suit :blush: ), and all modern appliances and kind of shabby-chic furniture. The furniture we had at our flats and that I see in the tv shows that hubby watches is all so elegant and formal. I need a couch that I can bring a pillow and blanket to for the afternoon to watch a movie if I don't feel good. With the couch that was in Alex my legs didn't even fit all the way so they hung over the edge!!!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

i feel i have 'home' on both sides. i say im going home for vacation to ny, and i say im going home to george when we are coming back here.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

I showed her my drivers license...I asked her if she wanted to see my college transcripts she said no..Shouldn't a drivers license be enough or maybe an old bill that was in your name?

Or do you mean domicile here in Egypt?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Tuesday

Today we had a massive storm and internet and cable was cut off all day it was dark and scary :unsure: alhamdulillah everyting calmed down and back to normal. The embassy asked for my mom's passport and said they will decide on her application 10 days from the date they recieve the passport,....so we'll see what happens!

lyrics.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.