47 posts in this topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Not a good Tuesday for me. My Dad called me and woke me up this morning telling me my cousin accidentally drowned back home. He was only 19, one year younger than me... :unsure:

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=10840154

good luck on your interview btw! we go to file for DCF tomorrow insha'Allah. :]

(F)

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Good morning all! It finally got to be Tuesday in Arizona! :lol:

Ihavequestions, sorry about the interview. Do keep us posted.

Morning GG and Maureen!

Hope everyone has a beautiful day.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Morning MENA....I was slack yesterday and didn't go to work...stomach wasn't feeling good and I wasn't motivated to go in.

Ya hayat alby...so sorry to hear about your cousin...my prayers are with you & your family.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. Please pray for my hubby...no luck at all in finding a job. :(

Hey Jeanne, i was wondering if you want to trade houses for the winter...lol I'm already getting the blues here in Michigan. Summer is winding down here and it hasn't been that great for weather here.

Amanda, wishing you luck with the job search for your hubby.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all, here's the dvd release list for today:

August 4

- The Chaos Experiment (Drama, Thriller)

- Cravings (Horror)

- Daffy Duck's Quackbusters (Animation)

- Delgo (Action, Adventure, Animation)

- Flight of the Conchords: The Complete Second Season (Comedy, TV)

- Fragments (Crime, Drama)

- Labor Pains (Comedy)

- The Last Starfighter: 25th Anniversary Edition (Action, Adventure, Family, Sci-Fi)

- The Love Boat: Season Two, Volume Two (Comedy, Romance, TV)

- Mutant Chronicles (2-Disc Collector's Edition) (Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci Fi)

- Mutant Chronicles (Single-Disc) (Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci Fi)

- Obsessed (Thriller)

- Race to Witch Mountain (Deluxe DVD Edition + Digital Copy) (Action, Adventure)

- Race to Witch Mountain (Single-Disc Edition) (Action, Adventure)

- The Soloist (Drama)

- The Tigger Movie (2-Disc 10th Anniversary Edition) (Animation, Family)

- Ulysses (Adventure)

- VeggieTales: Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Noah's Umbrella (Adventure, Animation)

- You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story (2-Disc Special Edition) (Documentary)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Try and try as I may, I can't seem to shake the urge to move outside of the US. Seems like since I had the little "taste" of living in another country for a few weeks I can't get it out of my head. Please pray for me as I am struggling these days with exactly where I need to be and what I need to do. Now that I have my hubby with me, I feel like the rest of my life isn't where it should be. :blink:

Timeline

Jackie you ain't lyin'! Seriously strangeness (did I really just say that? :wacko: ) this summer, if you can even call it that!

Ihavequestions, let us know exactly how it went. I'm curious what really went down.

Ya Hayat Albi sorry to hear about your cousin.

Amanda things will work out as God has planned, believe in that.

Nagi, Shari, Jeanne, Maureen, Rosie, Charles, Melissa, Baj, Terrie, Tasha, Ayman&Yasmin, Mohamed....and everyone else......*waving* have a wonderful day all!!!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning Mena! Boy its gonna be another hot day! And hubby is already arguing with me about the darn air conditioner. He woke me up out of a sound sleep this morning cause it was cold for him-as he runs around in just his underwear. I told him put some clothes on geez! I'm not backing down this year, he needs to get used to it, I need to be able to breathe. Men, how frustrating!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Try and try as I may, I can't seem to shake the urge to move outside of the US. Seems like since I had the little "taste" of living in another country for a few weeks I can't get it out of my head. Please pray for me as I am struggling these days with exactly where I need to be and what I need to do. Now that I have my hubby with me, I feel like the rest of my life isn't where it should be. :blink:

I think a lot of women in this situation probably dream or fantasize about moving to their SO's country.

The thing is, many people have only visited that country for a couple of weeks, and going somewhere on vacation and living somewhere are two very different things.

In the States, you are at work and miss your hubby, but if you lived in his country, it would be him out working and what would you be doing, sitting at home? You would still be away from him during the daytime hours. He can't sit around with you like when you are on vacation. And chances are, that unless either of you is fairly wealthy, you won't be living with the same standard that you did while on vacation.

You will also be missing MANY conveniences that you have in the States, and even if you like roughing it, it gets old after a while.

There are certainly great things about living in a different culture and experiencing it, but remember that saying, "the grass is always greener on the other side"? :whistle:

It seems that you are in a honeymoon phase and don't want it to end, but real life is what we all get to deal with, perfect or not. (F)

Hope you are feeling better about things soon.

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Good morning everyone, hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Amanda, I agree with Melly...I was only in Lebanon for 3 months (during the summer) and I was so freaking ready to come home at the end of the visit that I didn't care that I practically got strip searched in the terminal in Paris because I didn't know there was a lighter in the baby's diaper bag. Don't get me wrong, It was really nice being with him and his family, but being stuck in the house all day sucked. But then again I'm just a spoiled American woman...just think long and hard before you pack your bags, it isn't easy living in another country.

Ya Hayat Albi...so sorry about your cousin, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

ihavequestions...It's your fault now, it was your fault yesterday and it'll be your fault tomorrow....no matter if you were right to begin with and he didn't listen. :blink: Men are stupid. (NO offense guys :whistle: )

It is storming here, Samar is sleeping, Mallie is at daycare and hubby is at work...think I'm going to curl up in bed and try to sleep for 15 minutes! :dance: Take it easy and have a wonderful day! (F)

~Angie

OUR TIMELINE:

Met online: June 5, 2006

Met in person: February 5, 2007

Marriage: February 24, 2007 in Beirut, Lebanon

I-130 Sent: July 23, 2007

NOA1: September 4, 2007

Daughter Born: October 27, 2007

NOA2 (Both 1-130 & I-129): March 12, 2008

NVC receives I-129F, case # assigned: April 4, 2008 (They NEVER receive the I-130)

Interview Date: August 12, 2008

Visa in hand, 1 month exactly of AP/AR/name checks: September 12, 2008 (whoot! whoot!)

POE: October 16, 2008 (praying all goes smoothly!)

Abed arrives in Lexington, KY (FINALLY! What a rough trip for him!): October 17, 2008, 8:47am EST

Adjustment of Status:

Sent in April 16, 2009

Received NOA1 in mail: April 29, 2009

Biometrics Appt: May 13, 2009

RFE: May 11, 2009 (received May 14, 2009)

Sent in RFE (that we had already included in the original packet!): May 26, 2009

Resumed Processing: June 1, 2009

EAD Card Production Ordered: June 10, 2009 (thank you GOD!!)

Received EAD card: June 20, 2009

2nd Daughter Born: July 13, 2009

Interview Date: July 31, 2009...easy, breezy...Card Production Ordered!

Received 10 year green card : August 14, 2009

Baby Boy is born: May 17, 2012

Apply for Citizenship: October 22, 2012

Interview: January 11, 2013

Oath Date: April 12, 2013 (Covington, KY)

done Done and DONE!!! Praise God!

Now we get to work on getting his family to the US!!

Timeline

Good Morning MENA :energy: Happy Tuesday.

I got 2 days off together and we are going to Galveston with my brother, his wfe and my mom. Adam and my brother are going fishing down there and us girls will probably go to Souvenier shops and relax on the beach, (if thats possible in Galveston anymore)

The walmart Im at is so opposite of Atlanta, like night and day. I will say people are more polite and a whole lot less rude than back home. Im not used to how they speak though, very rural.

When they ask me where Im from and I say Atlanta they all say thats soooo far away, then at Adams job they ask him where hes from and he says Egypt, their mouths drop open in shock. I asked my family if there knew of an Arabic grocery store around here and they called up a fella from Pakistan that owns a gas station store up the street and he sent us to some shop in town and it was a Pakistani grocery store. We ate at House of Kabob with my sister and her husband on Friday night and that was middle eastern on Westheimer which is about 45 min away and that is pretty much where all the middle eastern grocery stores are at. Nothing up the street from us really.

Well, hope everyone has a great day. :star:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.