Nacersangel

Re: Us fiance's income

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

I was reading and seen they needed my income information. I have very little income and i get food stamps. Is this going to hurt us or stop us from being together? I need some one to answer asap. He is sending my invatation in next few days. And If we never can be together. I dont want him to waste any money. Please help me.

If you don't make the poverty line, you'll have to get a co-sponsor to help you meet the poverty line.

There is a topic with the current poverty lines for the states, but I'm still trying to find it.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

You are asking about getting a visa to enter Algeria? Then the U.S. poverty guidelines don't apply. Just state your income and let it go at that.

You are asking about getting a visa to enter Algeria? Then the U.S. poverty guidelines don't apply. Just state your income and let it go at that.

Oh, so that's what she was asking.

It was hard for me to tell, but she'll need the info later for the Affidavit of Support anyway.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

Im talking after i go meet my fiance and i come back to do his paperwork. If I'm on food stamps is this going to stop us from being together? And my income is only about $900 month

Ah, here it is:

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/09poverty.shtml

I believe you have to meet 125% of your state's poverty line for the # of people in your household to support him without a co-supporter.

I know there was a topic here in the forums about it saying exactly what you have to meet, so if you have the time I'd go hunt for it to get the 100% right info, just incase I'm wrong.

Im talking after i go meet my fiance and i come back to do his paperwork. If I'm on food stamps is this going to stop us from being together? And my income is only about $900 month

For the K-1 Visa, based on the amount you just mentioned, you're going to need a co-sponsor (family, friend, etc) with the appropriate income level.

Based solely on what you've stated - if you do not secure a co-sponsor (or increase your income) it would bring things to a screeching halt.

Timeline

For the K-1 Visa, based on the amount you just mentioned, you're going to need a co-sponsor (family, friend, etc) with the appropriate income level.

Based solely on what you've stated - if you do not secure a co-sponsor (or increase your income) it would bring things to a screeching halt.

So this part have to be done before i file his papers and can any one do it?

So this part have to be done before i file his papers and can any one do it?

The I-134 (Affidavit of Support) is done by you (the Sponsor) near the time the interview is scheduled (several months after you've filed the I-129f petition). Your co-sponsor will need to do the same - again, near the time of the interview. (So it is done after you've filed the petition.)

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
If I'm on food stamps is this going to stop us from being together? And my income is only about $900 month

It won't stop you as long as you have a co-sponsor that does make enough. Read here: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm You need the co-sponsor because you cannot guarantee to support your recipient when he comes. Since you are on public assistance, what makes you think you can support another person? You do know that they cannot receive food stamps without you or your sponsor paying for it? So the minute you marry (within 90 days after he arrives) the food stamps stop.

moving right along

I think it explains that on the actual form itself, which is right here:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf

They pretty much just have to swear that the person who immigrated wont become a public charge, which I think means needing government support.

Edited by Rhiann

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

If you go to this URL and then click on the field titled 'Immigration Forms' located near the top of the page, they have all of the immigration forms. Look for I-864P. This is a document that states the poverty guidelines for 2009 and the income level required for the Affidavit of Support (form I-134).

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

If your income does not meet the requirements, I have read in one of the older posts that you can make up the difference in assets.I-134 Financial Statement, What's the minimum requirements

I-129F Packet Sent: 29 Sept 09

I-129F Packet Delivered: 10:17am, 30 Sept 09, signed for by V. Semegi

Check Cashed: 1 Oct 09

NOA 1 Hardcopy Received: 5 Oct 09

Touch: 23 Dec 09, adjudication

Touch: 24 Dec 09, NOA2 printed

Touch: 28 Dec 09, forwarded to NVC

NOA2: 23 Dec 09

I-129F Packet at NVC: 31 Dec 09

I-129F Packet left NVC: 5 Jan 10

Embassy mailed letter to incorrect address: 8 Jan 10

Packet 3 Instructions Received: 23 Jan 10

Packet 3 Sent to Embassy: 29 Mar 10 (Too much going on in February to get on top of immigration paperwork)

Packet 4 Instructions Received: 20 Apr 10

Interview Scheduled for 5 May 10

Visa approved: 5 May 10

POE: Los Angeles, 21 Aug 10

Married: 16 Oct 10

I-465 Packet Sent: 15 Nov 10

I-465 Packet Received by USCIS: 17 Nov 10

NOA 1, EAD: 22 Nov 10

NOA 1, AOS: 22 Nov 10

NOA 1 Hardcopies Received: 27 Nov 10

Biometrics Letter Received: 30 Nov 10, scheduled for 9 Dec 10

Interview Letter Received: 12 Jan 11, scheduled for 11 Feb 11

EAD Card Received: 3 Feb 11

AOS Interview: 11 Feb 11, approved

Ok so i can get any one as a sponsor? What does the sponsor have to do and are they responsible of any fees or any thing?

A US Citizen or Permanent Resident that is 18 years of age or older can be a co-sponsor (and of course, they must earn sufficient income to cover the minimums). There is no fee to be a co-sponsor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.