lrr1998

i 130 and i 129 best solution to take for married couple

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone ,

I have searched different sites for my answers and even called immigration to get some help and they were no help. We just need a little help or guidance shall I say. My husband and I dont know which route to take. We filed for both I 130 and I 129f with vermont and they both were just approved at the same time. Also he is in Nigeria.

We are trying to see what the differnce is reference the time frame of him getting here faster.

How much faster do people normally get here if the I 129f route is taken ?

If we take the I 130 route and he passes his interview how long will it take before he is allowed to come over here ?

I know that if we take the I 129 route when he gets here we will have to do an adjustment of status, I wonder how does that take and is it as complicated as the rest of all this stuff ?

If we take the I 129f route what happens to all the paperwork and stuff we did for I 130 ?

He wants to do I 129f and I think I 130 is better . Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello Everyone ,

I have searched different sites for my answers and even called immigration to get some help and they were no help. We just need a little help or guidance shall I say. My husband and I dont know which route to take. We filed for both I 130 and I 129f with vermont and they both were just approved at the same time. Also he is in Nigeria.

We are trying to see what the differnce is reference the time frame of him getting here faster.

If we take the I 130 route and he passes his interview how long will it take before he is allowed to come over here ?

I know that if we take the I 129 route when he gets here we will have to do an adjustment of status, I wonder how does that take and is it as complicated as the rest of all this stuff ?

If we take the I 129f route what happens to all the paperwork and stuff we did for I 130 ?

He wants to do I 129f and I think I 130 is better . Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Evidently your "search" didn't include reading the most common question asked in the VJ K3 forum. If you had, you would already know the K3 visa is obsolete because it saves no time, costs a lot more and may actually delay your visa process. Follow the CR1/IR1 guide.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hello Everyone ,

Evidently your "search" didn't include reading the most common question asked in the VJ K3 forum. If you had, you would already know the K3 visa is obsolete because it saves no time, costs a lot more and may actually delay your visa process. Follow the CR1/IR1 guide.

Thanks for your rude comment you were so much help.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello Everyone ,

The I-130 is cheap and better all around. I am sure he want a K3, so he can leave a month or so faster. I would worry how he will do at the interview with each type, male from Nigeria have been turn down. if he is more worry about getting out then what is best for the both of you. With a K3 he can not work in the USA right always, that mean you must support him.

maybe you should PM the other ladies that have husbands in Nigeria and ask then how it went.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

As pushbrk has wrote the better option is the I-130 , it's cheaper and your spouse will get a green card with in a month and be able to work right away, the I-129F does slow down your I-130 process and cost a lot more, and have to wait for a greencard and working papers and pay a lot more. You should ignore any letters about K3 and follow the CR1 it's better in the long run :star:

"All we really need to survive is the one person who truly loves us."

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello Everyone ,

Actually, you have no idea how much help it will be to never file or to ignore the I-129F. Your timeline indicates your I-130 is already approved and says nothing about ever filing an I-129F. It's too late to file an I-129F anyway. It can only be approved based on a pending I-130, not an approved one.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hello Everyone ,

Actually, you have no idea how much help it will be to never file or to ignore the I-129F. Your timeline indicates your I-130 is already approved and says nothing about ever filing an I-129F. It's too late to file an I-129F anyway. It can only be approved based on a pending I-130, not an approved one.

Who cares what her TIMELINE saysthe womanjust said in her post that she filed both I130 and I129F....AND both have been approved. I don't know what your issue is on here lately...but it seems to me that you are getting good at telling other people that they don't read when you don't read their posts well either.

I'm noticing that every post is a little snippy......People are here to get help.....just answer the question and move on.

At OP,

the best option is CR1. The K3 if it save you any time at all will be a few weeks maybe a month. But after your SO arrives he will not be able to work until he has work authorization and adjusts status which will take months to do. The extra cost associated with the K3 process and the stress that will be placed on your husband of not being able to do anything is worth going the CR1 route. I know many people in Nigeria think that filing the I129f is faster, which used to be the case. But the process for the CR1 is now faster than it used to be in the past. It will be much better for him to have a greencard soon after arriving than to not have it and have to wait for the adjustment of status.

Not sure if he realizes that he will not be able to work for months after arriving if you take the K3 route but it may be worth emphasizing that to him. I'm sure he won't want to sit around the house all day for months.

I'm sure after he weighs all of the benefits of the CR1 to those of the K3 he will see that the CR1 is better.

Best wishes on your journey...

Edited by cornbread

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think they need to put a pinned guild in this section titled "129f or I 130 which is better" then it would be easy for people to find.

I know to some people answer the same question 1000,s of time. Sometime people like to talk about there problem, it makes them feel better. I know it does for me. That is why everyone is here for to help and support other in time of need.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello my brother, this is what I ahve been looking for too; I am in the same boat. I filed I-129F and its approved, I changed the interview like twice due to me being deployed and won't be around to wed. Then I later went home and came back and filed I-130 that is still pending approval, was filed in March 09. The interview is set to September 4, we still want to go for it, but need advise. Anything you get from people will be greatly appreciated if shared.

Thanks

Kabir

Timeline
Hello my brother, this is what I ahve been looking for too; I am in the same boat. I filed I-129F and its approved, I changed the interview like twice due to me being deployed and won't be around to wed. Then I later went home and came back and filed I-130 that is still pending approval, was filed in March 09. The interview is set to September 4, we still want to go for it, but need advise. Anything you get from people will be greatly appreciated if shared.

Thanks

Kabir

Hello,

The I129f is for fiance/fiancee. The I130 is for married couples. It was unclear to me in your other post whether you got married and then filed your I130 in the other post, so I did not respond to it.

If you and your SO have not yet married you do not qualify to petition via I130 as it is for married people.

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.