Serendipity_

K3 Family Hangout - Summer 2009

300 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello!!! TGIF...now only if I can get som relaxation this weekend and not work!!! What is everyone else up to??

Seren are you ready for your trip and Interview???

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello!!! TGIF...now only if I can get som relaxation this weekend and not work!!! What is everyone else up to??

Seren are you ready for your trip and Interview???

I leave for Toronto on Friday, all my paper work is good to go. I just need to finish packing.

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Good Morning everyone...another fun filled weekend!!!

How was everybody's weekend???

Seren that's awesome...hews the embassy issue the visa the same day??

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Morning Everyone! :star:

Glad to see folks still keeping up the thread!! Gotta get reading to catch up on where everyone is & what everyones up to!!

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Timeline
Good Morning everyone...another fun filled weekend!!!

How was everybody's weekend???

Seren that's awesome...hews the embassy issue the visa the same day??

No they send it by mail, they only issue it the next day if you have a valid visa(I am hoping I fall in this category)

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just a hit and run. the weekend was too fast, today is too busy and I want to go home :P

Hows everyone else?

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I feel really bad for my wife because I have been working for the last 3-4 weekends (including the weekend of our first wedding anniversary :( ). I can only be thankful that I can work from home but it is not like that makes things any better. This seems to be becoming the new reality for a lot of people - just be happy you still have a job and do whatever it takes to keep it :wacko:

Wife has her AOS fingerprinting appointment on Saturday (I am surprised they scheduled it for a Saturday).

-D

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Timeline
I feel really bad for my wife because I have been working for the last 3-4 weekends (including the weekend of our first wedding anniversary :( ). I can only be thankful that I can work from home but it is not like that makes things any better. This seems to be becoming the new reality for a lot of people - just be happy you still have a job and do whatever it takes to keep it :wacko:

Wife has her AOS fingerprinting appointment on Saturday (I am surprised they scheduled it for a Saturday).

-D

Roodee I hear ya! My husband has had to work quite a few weekends and it's tiresome...

I am off to Canada for my IR1 interview

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Hi everyone..

NEWS FLASH!!!!

Husbie purchased a new car for me last July 30 and I had a pretty bad car accident July 31.. Less than 24 hours!!!!

My car was hit on the passenger side so bad as the cops and ambulance people described it as heavy accident.

I saw myself inside the car with all the broken glasses all over me. It was such a nightmare. The first thing that came on my mind was if I am still alive and I want to see my husband. I felt emotionally numb right at that moment. I want to burst out crying but I just can't. I could hear all of them talking, they could ask me questions like my name and all but I was just floating. I have never been in an ambulance in my entire life so being there made me soo scared. I was so scared that I might never see my husband and my family again, then I realized that I do not want to die without saying goodbye.

Good news? No broken bones and I am still alive. My doctor said it was very unusual with the kind of impact my body received. Miracle? I guess! I would wake up in the middle of the night and look for my husband beside me, hug him so tight and say i love him so much! I might not be physically hurt by what happened but I do not know when will the trauma and emotional stress would disappear. I know that life has to go on and that the mere fact that I am alive is enough for me to be thankful. It is hard but I know that I should face all my fears at the soonest..

It seems that USA needs to toughen me up the hard way.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Candid! OMG! Thank God you're okay!!!! :o:o:o

Please be very careful! Yes, we must all remember to never take one second for granted! Thank God you have your husband near you and you're okay!!!!

I can't handle all these catastrophes! You all know how I lost my aunt recently? My cousin's mom just died a few days ago. She was only in her 40's!!!! You just never know! So hug and kiss your spouses and don't ever take them for granted for a second! And don't waste one precious moment being angry over the small, unimportant things! :no: Because you just never know :(

Timeline
Hi everyone..

NEWS FLASH!!!!

Husbie purchased a new car for me last July 30 and I had a pretty bad car accident July 31.. Less than 24 hours!!!!

My car was hit on the passenger side so bad as the cops and ambulance people described it as heavy accident.

I saw myself inside the car with all the broken glasses all over me. It was such a nightmare. The first thing that came on my mind was if I am still alive and I want to see my husband. I felt emotionally numb right at that moment. I want to burst out crying but I just can't. I could hear all of them talking, they could ask me questions like my name and all but I was just floating. I have never been in an ambulance in my entire life so being there made me soo scared. I was so scared that I might never see my husband and my family again, then I realized that I do not want to die without saying goodbye.

Good news? No broken bones and I am still alive. My doctor said it was very unusual with the kind of impact my body received. Miracle? I guess! I would wake up in the middle of the night and look for my husband beside me, hug him so tight and say i love him so much! I might not be physically hurt by what happened but I do not know when will the trauma and emotional stress would disappear. I know that life has to go on and that the mere fact that I am alive is enough for me to be thankful. It is hard but I know that I should face all my fears at the soonest..

OMG honey. Im SO glad that you are ok. Thank God for real! It will take time for you to get over that tramatic experience, but hopefully those images and thoughts will fade away soon. (F)

((((((((((Wen))))))))))))))

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Whoa Candid! I'm soooo glad you're ok. We're still working on getting Diego his license and I am so nervous for him. Our roads are scary!

A little nugget of good news: Diego just received his work authorization! :dance: Our NOA1 was 6/1 and NOA2 was 8/5 - just over two months! Hopefully that means the rest of you won't be waiting much longer either. Now, I guess we just have to wait for the hard copy and go get a SSN?

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Timeline
Whoa Candid! I'm soooo glad you're ok. We're still working on getting Diego his license and I am so nervous for him. Our roads are scary!

A little nugget of good news: Diego just received his work authorization! :dance: Our NOA1 was 6/1 and NOA2 was 8/5 - just over two months! Hopefully that means the rest of you won't be waiting much longer either. Now, I guess we just have to wait for the hard copy and go get a SSN?

woohooo :dance: when was his biometrics, or did he have to have one? Im thinking that they are kind of random with that requirement OR they ask for it when you do EAD WITH AOS. just curious..

As soon as you get the hardcopy, yep! you can go get the SS # :D

I noticed that EAD's arent taking the full 3 months lately. Our original received date at VSC was 6/5, so if the ombudsman can get them to use that date we should get ours soon too hopefully yaay

Thanks!

Timeline
Hi everyone..

NEWS FLASH!!!!

OMG Wendy! Glad to know you are doing Ok! You are safe and sound that is the most important thing. Thank the lord.

whiplash is worse than broken bones. Take good care of yourself.

Awesome....I Bet D is itching to get back to work :)

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.