Ramialbali

It is so painful

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Salam,

My wife lived in Palestine for two years. She used to get one year visa every year. She had a job as a teacher in the Arab American University. After one year of our marriage, we decide to start the immigration process. We thought that we have the right to submit our petitions in the Jersualem Consulate because she was living here for almost a year. We prepred everything and went to the consulate, but they refused us to submitted them there becuase my wife visa is just one year vistor visa. We explained that Isreal dose not give any international who lives in Palestine any kind of visa except visitor visa even if he/she lives here for 10 years. We showed them her job contract, and a paper from the American University, a lease of renting apartment proving that she is living here. They said that they understand the situation here in Palestine, but they can not accept our prtitions there becuase it said in her visa " vistor visa". Even they said we understand the situation, and they knew that Isreal just give a vistor visa to any international who lives in the West Bank even for years, they refused. They knew that Israel dose not considered Palestine as country or even there are human being living here. Why canot they help people if they knew the situation here? As a result, we submitted the petitions in the US. I had my interview in the consulate and they Congratulated me and said your visa aprroved, and they will contact me after I send them a requested papre to send my passport. we thought we are close to finish this. My wife quit her job and traveled back to the US to prepare for my arraival, and I did not sign a new contract in my job. Why did they even congratulate me and told me will contact you to send your passport even they knew they are going to put me under AP? They send me a letter after a couple of weeks saying that my case is pending under AP. Why did they do that to us? we are apart now. My marraige is collapssing and my wife falling apart because it is so difficult to live together for two years, and now we are apart, and we do not know what will happen in the future, and we can not handle living apart. We are stuck in this horrible time. After living together happily for two years, now we are fighting most of time because we do not have anything to talk accept what happening, Administrative processing and trying to figure out what will happen. I feel so scared about my wife's health. She is crying most of the time. She told me she is thinking to kill herself. I am freaking out. She is totaly collapssing and I am here apart from her can not do anything to help her. What we have done wronge in our life to deserve this? Really I do not understand how people can handle lving apart as a result of AP. I read some stories that couples have been waiting to their AP to be finish for a year or more. It is so painful.

Sorry for the inconvenience , but I need to let it out from my chest.

Edited by Rami-Becky

First meeting----2007-08-30

Engaged---------2007-11-21

Marriage---------2008-02-07

I-130 Sent-------2008-07-24

I-130 NOA1------2008-07-31

I-129F Sent------2008-08-26

I-129F NOA1-----2008-09-02

I-129F NOA2-----2009-02-25

NVC Received----2009-03-05

Packet 3---------2009-03-12

Packet 3 Sent----2009-04-13

Packet 4---------2009-04-26

Interview Date---2009-05-14--Approved, but required additional documents

Visa Received---- AP, Time Unknown

I-130 Approval----2009-02-25

Switched to IR1 visa

1st interview---------09-03-2011

2nd interview---------03-05-2011

visa issued-----------07-04-2011, but the Consulate kept my passport

3rd interview---------24-05-2011 with the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

4th interview---------06-06-2011 interviewd my wife, the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

passport received-----14-06-2011 with IR1 visa

US Entry----------21-09-2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To suffer in silence is the greatest suffering

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

wa alaikum assalam,

Unfortunately, AP is a reality for MENA men. Although it may seem like forever now, inshaAllah in a few months you two will be together for the rest of your lives. What is a few months apart when you have decades (inshaAllah) together? Try to take the long view, and do your best to support your wife in that.

This is qadr Allah, and it gives her more time to prepare stuff for you and make things easier for you when you arrive. Keep yourself busy - read up on cover letters, fix your resume, practice interviewing, and do everything you can to get yourself ready for your transition to the US. It's going to be another huge shock to your system and to your marriage, so the more you are ready now, the easier it will be in the future.

Find something else to talk about other than the process. AbuS and I were apart for 3 years before he moved to the US, so we had a lot of practice being apart ;) Talk politics, religion, the weather, make plans for your future, imagine the different places you'll visit together, what you're going to name you kids. Play yahoo games. I can't count the number of pool games we played. Imagine what kind of house you'll buy in the future, and how you'll decorate it. Pick a book and read it together online. Play music for each other over microphones. Write love poetry to each other. Write actual letters and send them in the mail to one another. The sky's the limit!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
AbuS and I were apart for 3 years before he moved to the US, so we had a lot of practice being apart

I hear ya on that tip. Thinking about it makes me want to puke.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ummsqueakster had some great suggestions!

How about your wife coming back to visit, even if its a short one..it might "hold her over" for a while and renew her hope.

Even if she cant, I think being supportive to her and approaching it like Umm said by telling her to look at it like...this will give her time to prepare everything for you to come.

Does she have family close to her that she can lean on and talk to? It sure is a hard process being away from your loved one...I cant imagine trying to do that alone without the support of others who can relate....IE the friends I made on VJ :luv:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

(F)

We all can understand what it feels like to be separated from our loved ones. Some wait way longer than others.

There is nothing easy about any of this but I assure you just when you feel you are at your last (which my husband and I had felt at one time) GOD COMES THROUGH. True love will endure it.

It is a very trying time and you need to pray. Ask GOD to give you both the strength to make it through this difficult time.

You may feel like you are going to die and your heart is ripped out with loneliness and worry but you will live.

One thing with this visa journey is that nothing is guaranteed...if and until you have that visa in your hand you cannot bet on anything that they say. They don't care about you, you are a number and anything could change or be requested in a blink of an eye.

Everyone gets their call from the Consulate eventually. It will come to fruition.

Be patient and keep strong and realize that you are not the only one, even though you feel that way.

Edited by Sandrila

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your wife is suffering from depression. Perhaps she could get some counseling. This is not a journey for the weak. Ummsqueakster has some great suggestions. My husband and I would play pool together. We would also watch the same movie together. I know it isn't the same, but you really need to take it one day at a time. If your marriage is strong it can handle this. My husband and I waited 2 years to get his visa. It wasn't easy, but we survived. He has been here now for over 2 years and trust me, it was worth the wait.

Be gentle and encouraging to her, she needs all of the love and support she can get right now.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Thank you guys for your support. It is so important to feel that there are people around you supporting you with all of their hearts. Thank you. :) I am doing much better since I posted my thread. I am always trying to drag her to talk about other things. I know it is hard, but I have to keep trying. Thank you.

New situation. I have posted this thread in another forum, but I would like to share this with you and have your opinion.

As you can see on mu profile, I am applying for K-3 visa. I had my interview on May 14, and they approved my visa, but they put my case pending administrative processing. The reason that we followed the K-3 that we talked with a lawyer, and he told us that K-3 visa is much faster than CR-1, but it appeared not. If we had known VJ, we would have followed CR-1 visa. Anyway, As you know no one knows how long the AP could take. It could be done in one week or one year. My wife and I have been apart since my interview. We have a new situation here. It seems that we are getting new good jobs again in my country Palestine. We are confused here. It seems good opportunity for us to work and save money, but in the other hand, we do not want to lose the chance of finishing this immigration procedure. My questions are: Can we switch to CR-1? Or once you have done your interview for K-3, we are done. If it is not which I assume, Is there any way or anything that we can do to keep our immigration procedure going until we finish our jobs' contracts here in Palestine? Or we have to do the processing again from the beginning when we finish our work here?

We understood that K-3 visa is good for two years, and I have to enter the USA when I get it hopefully, and then I have to apply for AOS which will not work if we decide to take these jobs and settle in Palestine for two years. Also, we understood that I have to live in the USA to apply for AOS, and I cannot go and live in any other country until I received my green card. Right?

What do you think guys? What can we do if we want to take these jobs in Palestine and keep my immigration status working? Or Do we have to decide one path and scarify the other?. I hope my English was good enough to explain the situation. Any information and explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Rami-Becky

First meeting----2007-08-30

Engaged---------2007-11-21

Marriage---------2008-02-07

I-130 Sent-------2008-07-24

I-130 NOA1------2008-07-31

I-129F Sent------2008-08-26

I-129F NOA1-----2008-09-02

I-129F NOA2-----2009-02-25

NVC Received----2009-03-05

Packet 3---------2009-03-12

Packet 3 Sent----2009-04-13

Packet 4---------2009-04-26

Interview Date---2009-05-14--Approved, but required additional documents

Visa Received---- AP, Time Unknown

I-130 Approval----2009-02-25

Switched to IR1 visa

1st interview---------09-03-2011

2nd interview---------03-05-2011

visa issued-----------07-04-2011, but the Consulate kept my passport

3rd interview---------24-05-2011 with the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

4th interview---------06-06-2011 interviewd my wife, the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

passport received-----14-06-2011 with IR1 visa

US Entry----------21-09-2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To suffer in silence is the greatest suffering

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know this must be very hard for you and your wife. I really hope you get through this time and get to be together again so soon and never be part anymore. Start writing letters to each other.. Write your diaries it helps letting the tension out and so you are a little relaxed when you talk together. Make things for each other.. Make plans for your future together.. I agree with UmSqueaks in all what she said too. :thumbs:

You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers, isA this time will be over soon. (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

duas for you and your family reunion

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.