MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahh ok yeah i got 6 emails total too! lol ty for making me pay 1.20 in txt charges..doh! apparently it's not free to receive them in the usa with tmobile like it was when i was with telus up in canada.

i just thought it was weird that i had diff numbers but each email referenced form i-765...and ya...i can't see anything online atm..wheee feels like good old i-129f days!....

I got a total of 9 e-mails and 9 texts!!!!

I have a question for you guys! As the AOS is my next step (right after i do the POE and get married), i'm reading a couple things so i can be ready for it when the time comes. I've read somewhere that you have to give back your EAD and AP when you go to the interview and it's approved? Can you still try to find work even if you gave back your EAD card??

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

I got my Green Card today! :whistle: It's so sparkly.

I'm also starting a new job this week. :star:

Did you have an interview?

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my Green Card today! :whistle: It's so sparkly.

I'm also starting a new job this week. :star:

Congrats!! :)

I have a question for you guys! As the AOS is my next step (right after i do the POE and get married), i'm reading a couple things so i can be ready for it when the time comes. I've read somewhere that you have to give back your EAD and AP when you go to the interview and it's approved? Can you still try to find work even if you gave back your EAD card??

Sometimes people are asked for their EAD and AP, and sometimes they're not. At our AOS interview the IO didn't take them from me.

The issue with looking for a job without an EAD or GC in your hand, is that you don't have any prof that you are eligible to work, which would likely cause some issues with a potential employer. As far as the legalities of it, I'm not really sure.

Timeline

K i know this is a few weeks away..well months by the look of things, but when you get your EAD do you go back to Social security to have a new SSN to have the dhs authorization removed? or did you just wait til you got the green card? i'm kinds confused with the inbetween of ead / green card. heh. really wanna work soo badly right now..we soo need a new car and have no money for repairs on the old pos one we have now..it's literally falling apart..makes me scared when david drives it :(

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Just thought of something else..once we get green card..do we go around to bank etc and get that changed? atm my bank has me as a temp resident or whatnot..i mean they have my addy here on file, but it also shows my cdn addy and wont let me change it..i'm guessing it's cuz technically speaking i dont have my PR yet...ya i know..i'm overthinking again lol.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just thought of something else..once we get green card..do we go around to bank etc and get that changed? atm my bank has me as a temp resident or whatnot..i mean they have my addy here on file, but it also shows my cdn addy and wont let me change it..i'm guessing it's cuz technically speaking i dont have my PR yet...ya i know..i'm overthinking again lol.

I think thats kinda weird that they haven't taken your Canadian address off, since you don't live there anymore. I'm sure you've told them you're not a temp resident & you're permanent...

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline

I think thats kinda weird that they haven't taken your Canadian address off, since you don't live there anymore. I'm sure you've told them you're not a temp resident & you're permanent...

When I opened my account at Chase, they opened an international account for me because I didn't have any US documents. They had to have my Canadian address on there and they said they'll put my US address as my mailing address. They messed that up and sent my debit card to my Canadian address! I was waiting and waiting and I finally had to go back there and they issued a new debit card. They said that once I get my green card to come back and they'll change it.

0vi7t8.png

Timeline

When I opened my account at Chase, they opened an international account for me because I didn't have any US documents. They had to have my Canadian address on there and they said they'll put my US address as my mailing address. They messed that up and sent my debit card to my Canadian address! I was waiting and waiting and I finally had to go back there and they issued a new debit card. They said that once I get my green card to come back and they'll change it.

Huh.

I would've thought that immigration docs & an SSN would enable you to have a US address.

When I moved here, my husband (fiance at the time) added me to his account. I didn't have my SSN or Michigan ID...but I guess thats different than opening an account on your own.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

K i know this is a few weeks away..well months by the look of things, but when you get your EAD do you go back to Social security to have a new SSN to have the dhs authorization removed? or did you just wait til you got the green card? i'm kinds confused with the inbetween of ead / green card. heh. really wanna work soo badly right now..we soo need a new car and have no money for repairs on the old pos one we have now..it's literally falling apart..makes me scared when david drives it :(

You have teh DHS authorization removed once you get your greencard. Overall, it really has no bearing on your employment. When you get your EAD and get a job, you show your EAD as your proof that you are legally allowed to work. You don't actually have to show your physical card, you just give them your number. I actually haven't had the DHS authorization thing taken off my SSN - I simply don't have the time now that i'm employed and no one seems to care anyways I just gave my employers the EAD or the Greencard and that was it.

Once you get a US driver's license you can go in and get your address changed to your US address. Chase also had my Canadian address on there as my main address until I showed them my US ID. They did put my US address as my mailing address though so I was able to get my mail/cards.

Same thing for me. They still required a SSN, but I guess they had to put me an international account until I had documents showing I was actually a resident.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Thanks for the info all. Funny thing was i had a state id. d/l etc all at the same time we opened the joint account. lol i dunno guess i'll call them maybe the lady messed up or checked a wrong box.

in other news. i got my noa's for my aos stuff. woot. looked up the closest bio office..and it's like 1.5 hours away../sigh. guess david will have to take day off work whenever i get my appt letter since we only have the one car and i'm in the middle of nowhere now LOL.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Finally got my green card in the mail today; and, of course, as the stars would have it, right after getting a stamp at my InfoPass appointment yesterday thinking I wasn't going to get it on time for traveling back to Canada in time for my wedding! So glad that I have it now :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.