MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Thought i'd start a thread for us AOS'rs... I know that the Consulate thread was very helpful for me...and waiting sucks.... I figure anyone filing at any stage....can chat with fellow Canadians....etc...

I sent mine in about 10 days ago....my cheque was cashed, still waiting for NOA's....

Been having issues with getting my DL...we'll see how that goes.... I'm hoping once my AP comes through..i'll finally be able to travel back to TO....

Originally my AP was important for my son to see his dad every 3-4 weeks...I would drive him back and forth...originally we said until the AP came in, my ex would drive to Buffalo to meet us... needless to say. i'm very disappointed... he has called us once in 8 weeks....we made all the attempts in the beginning...I recently told him that we would leave it to him to call us next as I felt we were chasing him all the time... it's been 2 weeks...and nothing....I have a feeling that as soon as I get my AP....he will expect me to just show up...and that makes me so mad!!!! Why should I make the effort and go through the trouble of the 8 hour drive once a month if he doesn't even call? I guess I started feeling bad cause my son has been asking about him.... :(

anywho....anyone waiting for AOS...let me know how it's going :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Originally my AP was important for my son to see his dad every 3-4 weeks...I would drive him back and forth...originally we said until the AP came in, my ex would drive to Buffalo to meet us... needless to say. i'm very disappointed... he has called us once in 8 weeks....we made all the attempts in the beginning...I recently told him that we would leave it to him to call us next as I felt we were chasing him all the time... it's been 2 weeks...and nothing....I have a feeling that as soon as I get my AP....he will expect me to just show up...and that makes me so mad!!!! Why should I make the effort and go through the trouble of the 8 hour drive once a month if he doesn't even call? I guess I started feeling bad cause my son has been asking about him.... :(

I would hold him to coming to Buffalo at least once. Make sure he understands what it really like to make that drive.

May you have a speedy aos/ap/ead!

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Hope everything works out for you Poprocks, regarding the ex and all. It would be hard for your son, because he may have a hard time understanding why you can't just go home yet. I hope you all meet up state side at least, and soon.

Best wishes for the AOS. I hope your AP and EAD comes in sooner than you expect. :star:

*by the way, I'm kinda in this thread illegally because I haven't moved or got married yet, and won't be filing AOS until probably first week of October or so. But I might just sneak in here to get an idea or two of what to do thhideing_behind_computer1.gif *

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

well I'm 2/3 the way through...you can see my siggy for the timeline. Green Card interview is August 7th in Durham, and we're getting everything together next week for it (then spending the weekend in Willmington Beach to destress hehe).

I had a pretty painless AOS process so far, and I hope you do too PopRocks!

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

well I'm 2/3 the way through...you can see my siggy for the timeline. Green Card interview is August 7th in Durham, and we're getting everything together next week for it (then spending the weekend in Willmington Beach to destress hehe).

That's pretty cool...I'm happy for ya :)

I wonder how long after the interview do you see a Greencard?

Do I have to wait to get my NOA's to register on USCIS to track my AOS?

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's pretty cool...I'm happy for ya :)

I wonder how long after the interview do you see a Greencard?

Do I have to wait to get my NOA's to register on USCIS to track my AOS?

When you get your NOAs you'll get case numbers... when you have them, log them into USCIS and you can trace all 3 cases.

As for the interview, some people get approved on the spot and the GC mailed shortly thereafter, and others are told a decision will be made within 60 days time. So I guess it just depends

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

My goal is to get my package in the mail before September, we'll see how that works out! Its annoying because our officiant is going to mail the marriage license in for us, but that will take a week or two to be processed and recieved. We can't bring it in ourselves because we're leaving for the honeymoon early the morning after the wedding... So hopefully it doesn't take any longer then he says it will.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the issues with your Son's father PopRocks. Things always have a way of working themselves out, so I'm sure things will be alright.

I am just waiting for my Biometrics, which is Tuesday August 4th, and then hopefully I'll see my EAD/AP come through soon after.

I'm actually a bit anxious to get starting on a job search. I really REALLY really miss working and growing my career. I really can't wait to get back into working again. 90% because I truly do miss working and having a purpose to wake up to every morning and also because I didn't realize how great of a lifestyle I had on my salary. I was saving money, but I could also buy myself a new nailpolish or top or earrings or whatever and not feel so guilty. I miss having a pay cheque.

So I'm going to start my search this week and next and hopefully the timing will all work out. The least I can do is try!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

My goal is to get my package in the mail before September, we'll see how that works out! Its annoying because our officiant is going to mail the marriage license in for us, but that will take a week or two to be processed and recieved. We can't bring it in ourselves because we're leaving for the honeymoon early the morning after the wedding... So hopefully it doesn't take any longer then he says it will.

How long will you be gone for? We're leaving the night of the wedding and doing a 2-3 week road trip around the eastern States. I'm hoping to get as much done for AOS that we can, (forms etc) and then when we get back, hopefully add the marriage license, and anything else we can't get till after we're married. If all goes well, the beginning of Oct. for us. Still within plenty of time before my I-94 would expire.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I want to start filling the AOS package, even if we are not getting married before the 21st, although we're going to try to get the civil wedding done before this date.

Let's say we'll get married on Aug 21st, can i put dates on the forms before august 21st or should i anticipate and put something like aug 23rd?

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

I want to start filling the AOS package, even if we are not getting married before the 21st, although we're going to try to get the civil wedding done before this date.

Let's say we'll get married on Aug 21st, can i put dates on the forms before august 21st or should i anticipate and put something like aug 23rd?

I would populate all the basic generic info like bio stuff...etc.. To be honest, the most time consuming is copying all the documents for proof....the marriage cert, photos, passport, I-94 etc....I made 3 copies of all...and attached to each form (AOS, AO, EAD) I was worried they may seperate the 3 and work on the seperate. Also, the 325a takes long... I would hold off on filing in any dates.... just in case, wouldnt you hate to have to do it allllll over if something changed? It really isn't that much more work to hold off on something like dates....it's not as if you'll file any sooner....it may take an extra 20min at most :)

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Other Country: Aruba
Timeline

Had my biometrics done 2 weeks ago ... they better have enough fingerprints and pictures now because thats all i been doing and they sure took enough at the appointment.... and my case was transfered to CSC a few days before that ... the only thing i found about the AOS is that if i have to do an interview and ya have to get all sorts of "proof" i am having a hard time gathering certain things because EVERYWHERE i need to go to get the proof wants either my EAD or my greencard.. even the bank giving us a hard time getting a joint account because i am not a "resident" even tho i have an account there .. joint lease? no way i don't have a job cause i don't have an EAD so they won't touch me there .. it's going to be a treat if i get an interview

Edited by RYCK

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I think i'll out the forms but do not put any dates. I dont know if it matters if the documents are typeds on the computer but the dates are hand-written...

For the I-94, do we send the original I-94 or just a copy? At the POE they told me to send the original but i think it's weird.

For my birth certificate, i need a translation, is a color copy enough? I'd rather keep the original for the interview (if interview there is)

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
I think i'll out the forms but do not put any dates. I dont know if it matters if the documents are typeds on the computer but the dates are hand-written...

For the I-94, do we send the original I-94 or just a copy? At the POE they told me to send the original but i think it's weird.

For my birth certificate, i need a translation, is a color copy enough? I'd rather keep the original for the interview (if interview there is)

The I-94, send a copy of both front and back. Don't send the original

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.