MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow Rhiann! When I went for an infopass appointment in Denver there was nobody in the waiting room but me! I just walked right up to the window. I guess everything is busier (and crazier) in LA!

Hopefully you get your card soon, those delays are ridiculous.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Rhiann,

I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so.

:rofl:

just kidding around. :)

Yeah, I filed for it with my AOS.

It's okay, it was a simple piece of paper to fill out :lol:

At least you know you`ve been approved...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Rhiann,

I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, I told you so.

:rofl:

just kidding around. :)

Yeah yeah yeah. *kicks you in the butt*

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys!

I just got an email today from USCIS. It reads:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

As my file was transferred from the Chicago Lockbox to CSC and now to my local office in Orlando, does this mean I may get an interview, or have others received this and not had an interview? I'd love to get your take!

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

Did you get a notice saying it was transferred to Orlando? Cause that's what mine says and it's still hanging out in Cali somewhere.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Timeline

Did you get a notice saying it was transferred to Orlando? Cause that's what mine says and it's still hanging out in Cali somewhere.

Hmm... what's written in my previous quote is truly everything the message said. It didn't specifically say Orlando, but I guess I just assumed as it's my local office. Also, when my file got transferred to CSC, I got an email and later an official notice stating California specifically. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Our Timeline

AOS

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

This happened to me as well, and I think to everyone else who's had their case transferred to CSC. Our general consensus is that this just means it was received at CSC and they've continued processing.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

speaking of emails and txts. how long after they receive the aos package do you start getting them? according to fedex they received the package on tuesday. my cheque has not passed yet, and i had to borrow money cuz of the stupid ipass auto refilling grrrr. sigh dont even have money for dog food so i have to cut them down a bit on portion size and add in extra treats. barely had enough for gas this am for david to get to work.

this totally sucks..i feel so freaking useless.. living near chicago is stupid expensive, and i'm still trying to figure out how they say davids income is enough for 4 ppl in the i-864, they need to revise it i think..cuz im realizing depending on where you live it should be different.

hmm maybe this shoulda gone in the vent thread ...doh!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

speaking of emails and txts. how long after they receive the aos package do you start getting them? according to fedex they received the package on tuesday. my cheque has not passed yet, and i had to borrow money cuz of the stupid ipass auto refilling grrrr. sigh dont even have money for dog food so i have to cut them down a bit on portion size and add in extra treats. barely had enough for gas this am for david to get to work.

this totally sucks..i feel so freaking useless.. living near chicago is stupid expensive, and i'm still trying to figure out how they say davids income is enough for 4 ppl in the i-864, they need to revise it i think..cuz im realizing depending on where you live it should be different.

Kimbear, I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. It's only temporary and things will get better!

As for your question, I know they received my package on April 18th (Mon) and I received e-mails and texts on April 23rd (Fri). I'm afraid I don't remember how quickly they cashed the cheque.

Our Timeline

AOS

After you receive you initial txts/emails go to the USCIS website and sign up for email/txts updates again or you'll never get a txt or email from them again.

They cashed my cheque about a week after our NOA1 date.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Your check probably hasn't cleared yet because we don't take cheques here, only checks :lol: Just kidding. We got notifications about 2 weeks after sending in the AoS, and then approved for the EAD/AP about a week after that. The following week, we received notice that we would have an interview 2 weeks after that. It seems they've gotten a bit bogged down since then, but it all seemed to roll together.

The income requirements are kind of skewed. Yes, $50k per year is enough money to support a family of 4 in Arkansas, but it's barely enough to live hand to mouth in a major metropolitan city.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent my package on Sat via USPS express and it was recieved in Chicago on Monday....funny that it was faster than fedex? Maybe fedex didn't work on monday and USPS did?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Colleen. So funny you mention the postal service, because when we tried to send ours on a Saturday, Fedex said they couldn't even receive it until Monday/get it there until Tuesday. We went to the post office, and the postman said they could have it there Monday by 3 for one price and Monday by 10am for another slightly higher price. I can't remember which we picked, but we commented that we were so happy they could get it there by Monday because Fedex said Tuesday. The postman laughed and said people say that all the time, and it is funny to him because Fedex has a contract with USPS to handle all overnight packages.

May 7, 2009 - 129F submitted

April 6, 2010 - Visa Delivered/POE (Peace Bridge)

April 23, 2010 - Civil Ceremony

May 1, 2010 - AOS/EAD Application submitted

July 12, 2010 - EAD Approved (Card Production Email #1 at 4:02 pm)

July 26, 2010 - EAD RECEIVED

August 5, 2010 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!

August 21, 2010 - Green card arrives

November 13, 2010 - Catholic ceremony

July 2, 2012 - ROC submitted to VSC

August 21, 2012 - Biometrics

February 27, 2013 - ROC Approved

Only one more step to go!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.