jusbola22

reason for denial

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

My point about Nigeria was to emphasize that you will need to be extra, extra careful to present complete evidence that yours is a bona fide marriage, not one that he might have contrived to obtain a visa to the U.S. My personal friend did all the right things, her Nigerian boyfriend got his visa, they married, and now haven't really spoken in two years. If he gets his GC, he's outta there.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USCIS has obviously examined your case closely and has considered all of your supporting documentation in detail. They made an informed decision.

Don't therefore be offended of people on this board assume that the government was correct in deciding that you became married solely for immigration purposes.

I cannot offer you any sympathy because I have not seen your case. USCIS has.

And Nigeria is deemed a "high risk" country when it comes to immigration applications. This is a fact. It is not offensive to point this out.

02-18-2009 - I-751 filed (Removal of Conditions)

02-20-2009 - NOA1

03-20-2009 - Biometrics Appointment

03-23-2009 - Touched

06-22-2009 - Removal of Conditions approved (via USPS)

07-01-2009 - Email from USCIS advising of approval

07-06-2009 - Received 10-yr Permanent Resident Card

02-18-2010 - Eligible to file for naturalization

----------------------------------

Disclaimer! Any advice I give is purely informal, and is not legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
USCIS has obviously examined your case closely and has considered all of your supporting documentation in detail. They made an informed decision.

Don't therefore be offended of people on this board assume that the government was correct in deciding that you became married solely for immigration purposes.

And Nigeria is deemed a "high risk" country when it comes to immigration applications. This is a fact. It is not offensive to point this out.

The decision was made by clerks that know little more about the couples relationship than you do. The government has no crystal ball when it comes to relationships. It make huge mistakes in both directions. It gives visas to people that barely make it to US soil before they take off. How did the all knowing process mess up on that ? Because they truly don't know. They are making educated guesses. They give the relationship points based on things they see. Get enough points and you pass. Don't get enough and you don't. It is like taking the SAT. Some really smart people get entirely too nervous and fail to get the points they need for the school they want. Some other less talented student gets a good score makes the grade and drops out because they really weren't qualified. There are obviously people that like thinking they have a better relationship because they flew through the process. But I doubt some of the high speed reunions have the stuff to make it through the "high fraud" version. Most of them lack the backbone to stand by the relationship when they are dragged through the wringer by USCIS and then having to read what is posted by the VJ jackasses that feel the need to rub salt in the wounds.

There are things that cause a couple to lose points. What should happen is try to recreate the interview so that you can identify as many of the negative points as possible. Did he answer questions incorrectly ? Did he not have something that was asked for ? Are there things about the 2 of you that cause points to be removed ? Are you of different race/religion/ages ? Even things that are negative point wise can be turned around if you approach them correctly.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You are not making any sense and obviously don't know about the issue at hand!It was approved by USCIS but sent back for revocation by a power-drunk CO at the embassy who felt it was within his power to decide how real a relationship is by looking at a few papers and being bias against Nigerians just like yourself!And before you point towards fraud like so many ignorant people on VJ have been doing, you all have fraudsters in Europe and there is a particular country whom their women continually scam American men but they don't get scrutinised the same way. People on here should profer solutions and STOP making couples feel like they made the mistake by being together in the first place, if you don't have any useful solution to offer other than BS then do the couple a favour and STFU! I went through London and despite knowing my Fiancee for almost 11 years, the CO still painted me with the same brush and USCIS reaffirmed the case without asking for further evidence and so many cases from Nigeria have been reaffirmed recently without the need for further evidence. So keep your mouth shut about high fraud and what not, you don't know the couple and you should stop being judge and jury!

please everyone stop all this talk about scam artist, my husband has just been denied, to be with me, i dont like to read about this, all nigerians are not scam artist, if you really want to get technical, there are scam artist all over the world, just so happens that the spotlight is on nigeria right now, but what about the scam artist in the us, and all over the world, please stop my heart is hurting right now and all you want to talk about is scam artist, im just trying to figure out what do me and my husband do next.

You know what I would think is a good idea, if he consults with a lawyer in Nigeria... I'm sure the lawyers there are familiar with these cases and i know how frustrating it can be... but with the right effort and source, everything will be fine. Don't panic, the more your emotions are in the way, the harder it is for you to think of an effective solution

While you are waiting for the USCIS to receive the case, in the meantime ask your husband to consult with a few lawyers... there are some lawyers in which the embassy lists for recommendation... maybe he can check those out.

And for other people's negative comments... please let's not generalize and let's go by the embassy policy... EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT ...

this is why I hate watching documentaries... yes it is informative, but at the same time it is deceitfully opinionative, JUST LISTEN closely ... and read the credibility at the end and tell me how often do you see JOURNALISTS being credited

AND keep in mind there are different types of journalists

You are not making any sense and obviously don't know about the issue at hand!It was approved by USCIS but sent back for revocation by a power-drunk CO at the embassy who felt it was within his power to decide how real a relationship is by looking at a few papers and being bias against Nigerians just like yourself!And before you point towards fraud like so many ignorant people on VJ have been doing, you all have fraudsters in Europe and there is a particular country whom their women continually scam American men but they don't get scrutinised the same way. People on here should profer solutions and STOP making couples feel like they made the mistake by being together in the first place, if you don't have any useful solution to offer other than BS then do the couple a favour and STFU! I went through London and despite knowing my Fiancee for almost 11 years, the CO still painted me with the same brush and USCIS reaffirmed the case without asking for further evidence and so many cases from Nigeria have been reaffirmed recently without the need for further evidence. So keep your mouth shut about high fraud and what not, you don't know the couple and you should stop being judge and jury!

I am all for sensible discussion, but please do not accuse me of "being bias (sic) against Nigerians." I simply stated a fact. I am making perfect sense.

Also, base, crass insults such as "STFU"? - come on. How old are you?

Do not tell me to "keep (my) mouth shut." This is a forum where we are allowed to air our views, as long as we do not insult others, which is what you seem to enjoy doing. I am not being "judge and jury." I am stating my opinion. Read up on the First Amendment. How do YOU know the case is genuine? Have YOU seen the paperwork?

And applications from all countries have been refused. Most people just don't scream "bias" at the first opportunity. ;)

02-18-2009 - I-751 filed (Removal of Conditions)

02-20-2009 - NOA1

03-20-2009 - Biometrics Appointment

03-23-2009 - Touched

06-22-2009 - Removal of Conditions approved (via USPS)

07-01-2009 - Email from USCIS advising of approval

07-06-2009 - Received 10-yr Permanent Resident Card

02-18-2010 - Eligible to file for naturalization

----------------------------------

Disclaimer! Any advice I give is purely informal, and is not legal advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

time for a thread lock. :pop:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My husband said that the officer said something about a unauthorized form I-134 form. It was the new version, could that be the reason for denial, since we did not use the old version.

They would have simply asked him to get the old one if that was the case. The 212g given to him should state the reason why it's being sent back. How far have you gone with contacting your congressman/woman, any luck?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I contacted my representative and the lady that handles was on vacation and then i called the senator he said that if it has been sent back there was nothing that they can do, until it reaches the uscis

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Unauthorized or notarized ? If they are expecting the old version then someone should have brought them up to date on the current version. It should not have been reason on its own for a denial. Lagos is known for giving vague reasons for returning petitions, mostly because they don't have a valid reason. It seems their performance appraisals are based on the number of petitions they return, not on the accuracy of the results. Have your husband write down EVERYTHING that happened. Was there any sense that the person and your husband didn't like each other ? Was he nervous about the answers ? Did he not know any of the answers ? What pictures did you give them ? What did they look at of the things he brought it. What questions did they ask ? In what order ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They said it was an unauthorized form, but that is not why they denied him, on the slip it stated that They were returning the petition and the reason was, because the marriage was for immigration purposes only.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I want to reinforce the statements made above that insults and personal bickering are not acceptable here. If you have nothing useful to add to the discussion then do not post. If you feel insulted and want to respond - don't. Use the report button and let a moderator take care of the matter.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I contacted my representative and the lady that handles was on vacation and then i called the senator he said that if it has been sent back there was nothing that they can do, until it reaches the uscis

obviously, ur senator is unwilling to help u. U can tell him that you need him to have the embassy give you an opprotunity to provide more evidence and freaking try to make sure the case stays in Nigeria. He's not supposed to wait until it comes back. Tell him to at request that a superior review the case and get back to him.

in the meantime, contact ur congressman as well. and call the lawyer. the reason for denial will be vague at best and really doesnt provide much info. What you need to do is ask ur husband to run you through the whole interview (from the moment he walked up to the CO, what they talked/argued about uo until the very end) in some cases, they ask the beneficiary to come back with additional evidence.

~~~The NVC Journey~~~

01-15-2010 : NVC Received and assigned case #

01-15-2010 : Gave NVC email addresses

01-21-2010 : Received DS-3032/AOS Bill

01-21-2010 : Pay AOS Bill

01-21-2010 : Emailed DS-3032

01-25-2010 : AOS fee shown as “Paid”

01-27-2010 : Return Completed AOS Package

01-28-2010 : AOS delivered and signed by N VISA

02-01-2010 : Receive Instruction Package for AOS

02-02-2010 : Receive IV Bill & Paid IV bill

02-04-2010 : NVC inputted AOS (confirmed through operator 02/05/10)

02-04-2010 : IV Bill shown as “Paid”

02-05-2010 : Return Completed IV package (DS-230)

02-10-2010 : PAckage received at NVC

02-16-2010 : LOGIN FAILED & Case Completed

xx-xx-xxxx : Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.