atsleumas

Bonfide issues

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello! I am completely new to VJ so bear with me! Me and my husband met online- Facebook actually and were friends before we even met. Online communication was abundant, but he has changed his email account and I have done the same since we met and have lost a lot of our chats and emails. What other ways have you all proven bonifide relationships?

We met last september, met in person December- and were married this May. We have pictures, I have airline receipts, etc. No letters (snail mail) since he lives in Jamaica and getting a letter from him enclosing his passport pics took a month. We have pics of our wedding, with family and friends in it. What else! this is one aspect I am worried about since both of our emails have changed and a lot of the "initial" information was lost.

Thanks for any help.

Good morning!

We just had our adjustment of status interview monday and we have already received the email for "card production ordered".

She ask us general questions, wanted to see proof of a joint bank account, photos, wedding photos, cards and letters to and from our families to each other, it was really smooth and very easy. She verified the information on our G325A, and I-485 with each of us, ask him my birthday, and where and when we were married and that was it.

We went WAY over prepared with copies of his plane ticket, phone bills in both names, copies of every document to and from us with USCIS, copy of the medical, paycheck stubs, tax returns etc. better to be over prepared than not enough.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me!

Good luck to you and your hubby! Hope its a smooth process like we had!

Kimberly Troth

Details

Met online Dec 2007

Started talking online (Xbox) 02/15/2008

Came to US to meet 08/29/2008 (return home date was 11/14/2008)

Got engaged 10/05/2008

Got married at sunset on the beach 11/01/2008

7fdc6d7397.png

I-130/765/485

02/27/2009 sent papers Usps to Chicago Lock Box

03/07/2009 received NOAs dated 03/04/09 (130 & 765 show online 485 does not)

03/13/2009 received biometrics appt notice for 03/27/2009

03/27/2009 biometrics appt @3pm (in & out in less than 20 minutes)

04/16/2009 Received pink notice of medical exam needed

04/17/2009 Had medical exam done by Civil Surgeon (have to return on Tuesday 04/21/2009 forResults)

04/24/2009 Papers delivered to Lees Summit (MSC) :o)

05/07/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD card has been ordered & should arrive within 30 days

05/08/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD Approval Notice was sent

05/09/2009 Received EAD card in mail YAAAAAY

05/12/2009 Applied for Social Security Card

05/15/2009 NOA received with I-485 interview date 07/20/2009

020b50f4b0.png

07/20/2009 AOS Interview in Orlando FL

07/21/2009 Email received " Card Production Ordered " YAAAAY 139 days!

07/24/2009 Welcome letter received! & Approval of I-130 also received! Yaaay

08/04/2009 Green Card received! Hoooraaaaay!!

Hello! I am completely new to VJ so bear with me! Me and my husband met online- Facebook actually and were friends before we even met. Online communication was abundant, but he has changed his email account and I have done the same since we met and have lost a lot of our chats and emails. What other ways have you all proven bonifide relationships?

We met last september, met in person December- and were married this May. We have pictures, I have airline receipts, etc. No letters (snail mail) since he lives in Jamaica and getting a letter from him enclosing his passport pics took a month. We have pics of our wedding, with family and friends in it. What else! this is one aspect I am worried about since both of our emails have changed and a lot of the "initial" information was lost.

Thanks for any help.

Phone records can be used as bonafide proof, keep all of your call records. You should be able to download them via your account online. Also Pics, travel receipts and itineraries. Find as much proof as you can, you can never have too much. Good luck!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks you guys. The hard part is he calls me! And with Digicel's international plan, Im not sure he can track phone records. I have made some calls to him as well I can track, but he has called me for the majority.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Thanks you guys. The hard part is he calls me! And with Digicel's international plan, Im not sure he can track phone records. I have made some calls to him as well I can track, but he has called me for the majority.

Then change the way you guys communicate so you can have a log of your chats.

You call him. Use a different carrier; may be a little more expensive but it will be worth that.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If he calls your cell phone using the Digicel plan, you should have call records of incoming calls with your cell company unless you use prepaid services too. I was able to pull all of my call records with Verizon, and it showed incoming calls and the number that called me.

However, I have seen people that only called once or twice a month to their SO in Jamaica and they still got approved. You should definitely try to compile as much proof as possible...but there is no scientific way to prepare because it depends entirely on the government employee that gets your case.

You haven't filed paperwork, so I would suggest that you start thinking of different ways to keep up with proof of an ongoing relationship now.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HE CANT BUT YOUR PHONE RECORDS SHOULD SHOW INCOMING CALLS FROM HIM

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.