CharlesB

Art Bell's I-751 troubles and fight with the USCIS

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Art-s-Postal-Receipts.jpg

Airyn Bell, wife of radio talk show legend Art Bell, has been denied a U.S. Visa. Read about their incredible struggle against the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Please also help Art plead his wife's case. Contact the President and his staff at whitehouse.gov.

Here's the letter Art Bell wrote to Senator Harry Reid on behalf of his wife Airyn Bell:

My name is Arthur W. Bell. My Wife is Airyn R. Bell. We have been Married over (3) Years now and have a (2) Year old Daughter who was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. My Wife is Philippine. In December 2006 she was given a CR1 Visa which was processed by the American Embassy in Manila, Philippines. We arrived in Las Vegas Dec 26, 2006.

In Oct 2008 (Oct 10th, 2008) we sent USCIS a I-751 with evidence of our Marriage and the fee ($545.00). My Wife went to Las Vegas and did the Bio-Metric. We were given case Number WAC0900851515. In early January 2009 we received a notice from the California service center to send MORE evidence. Within a few days we responded with much more evidence, it was RECEIVED by USCIS on Jan 15th 2009 (See POSTAL RECEIPTS - click for enlargement). Then in early March we received a notice that USCIS had not received our additional evidence and moreover that there was NO appeal and it was case CLOSED! So of course I called USCIS and they told me to send the evidence that they in fact received our package in a timely fashion which I did. They returned a letter saying they were sorry and had sent us the wrong form response and that we should send them $575.00.00. That was all they requested, so that's all we sent. At this point we had already sent $545.00 (which was cashed) with the original application and I thought even though this sounded wrong, what the heck, rather than argue with USCIS I just sent the money. They returned the check saying it was incomplete, but that was all they had asked for, most of the responses from USCIS seemed to refer to other cases, not ours, but I was tired of fighting.

In both sets of evidence we included:

- Our Marriage License

- Our Daughter's Birth Certif.

- Our JOINT bank accounts (2)

- Health insurance

- Joint car registration

- My Last Will (With my Wife and Daughter as receiving sole benefits)

- Social Security paperwork for all of us.

- Pictures (Trips we have taken etc.)

- The (2) homes I own in Nevada, payed in full

- (2) signed (Notarized) statements from friends attesting that our marriage is indeed in good faith

- Many additional documents proving it is a real Marriage entered to in good faith and still healthy

Then we had to return to the Philippines because of Family concerns and property there. Prior to leaving we went to USCIS in Las Vegas and had my Wife's Passport stamped because her Conditional green Card had expired at the end of December 2008. They stamped it for another Year, they told us it was OK to travel, just be sure to get her Passport stamped.

So, we are now in the Philippines with this horrible mess behind us. We will be here until we get the Family issues resolved and decide what to do with the property we own (A Condo) here in Manila.

We left the U.S. on March 10, 2009.

I think of myself as a good American, however I do not feel as though I have been treated as one. Can you possibly help out in trying to untangle some of this mess? I have no idea what my Wife's status is currently and no idea what steps to take next. I have called the USCIS, I have faxed them, I have sent return receipt required letters, all with no response, or with a response that does not relate to our case.

We have now been told my Wife can not return to the U.S. Please see response from USCIS. This was the FINAL step before they were to issue her 10 Year GREEN CARD, now they want us to start a two Year process ALL OVER AGAIN BECAUSE OF THEIR MISTAKE. THIS IS JUST WRONG. Please help us, it may take direct legislative action because the following was received following a letter sent by a congressional aide:

=======================================

Thank you for contacting the Congressional Liaison Team within the California Service Center. Since the applicant is out of the country after the case was denied. The petitioner will need to start from filing the I-130 petition again for the beneficiary.

The reason for the denial was explained in the denial notice that your constituent received. The evidence was not received.

The applicant's status has been terminated at this point, and she will not be able to return to the United States using the stamps in her passport.

Sincerely,

Yining Wu

Adjudication Officer

Congressional Unit

DHS/USCIS/CSC

As you can see, they say they did not receive the evidence, but in fact THEY DID. Does the truth even matter?

Yours Truly,

Arthur W. Bell & Airyn R. Bell

Art Bell's Wife Denied U.S. Visa

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/art-...denied-u-s-visa

Art-s-Postal-Receipts.jpg

Airyn Bell, wife of radio talk show legend Art Bell, has been denied a U.S. Visa. Read about their incredible struggle against the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Please also help Art plead his wife's case. Contact the President and his staff at whitehouse.gov.

Here's the letter Art Bell wrote to Senator Harry Reid on behalf of his wife Airyn Bell:

My name is Arthur W. Bell. My Wife is Airyn R. Bell. We have been Married over (3) Years now and have a (2) Year old Daughter who was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. My Wife is Philippine. In December 2006 she was given a CR1 Visa which was processed by the American Embassy in Manila, Philippines. We arrived in Las Vegas Dec 26, 2006.

In Oct 2008 (Oct 10th, 2008) we sent USCIS a I-751 with evidence of our Marriage and the fee ($545.00). My Wife went to Las Vegas and did the Bio-Metric. We were given case Number WAC0900851515. In early January 2009 we received a notice from the California service center to send MORE evidence. Within a few days we responded with much more evidence, it was RECEIVED by USCIS on Jan 15th 2009 (See POSTAL RECEIPTS - click for enlargement). Then in early March we received a notice that USCIS had not received our additional evidence and moreover that there was NO appeal and it was case CLOSED! So of course I called USCIS and they told me to send the evidence that they in fact received our package in a timely fashion which I did. They returned a letter saying they were sorry and had sent us the wrong form response and that we should send them $575.00.00. That was all they requested, so that's all we sent. At this point we had already sent $545.00 (which was cashed) with the original application and I thought even though this sounded wrong, what the heck, rather than argue with USCIS I just sent the money. They returned the check saying it was incomplete, but that was all they had asked for, most of the responses from USCIS seemed to refer to other cases, not ours, but I was tired of fighting.

In both sets of evidence we included:

- Our Marriage License

- Our Daughter's Birth Certif.

- Our JOINT bank accounts (2)

- Health insurance

- Joint car registration

- My Last Will (With my Wife and Daughter as receiving sole benefits)

- Social Security paperwork for all of us.

- Pictures (Trips we have taken etc.)

- The (2) homes I own in Nevada, payed in full

- (2) signed (Notarized) statements from friends attesting that our marriage is indeed in good faith

- Many additional documents proving it is a real Marriage entered to in good faith and still healthy

Then we had to return to the Philippines because of Family concerns and property there. Prior to leaving we went to USCIS in Las Vegas and had my Wife's Passport stamped because her Conditional green Card had expired at the end of December 2008. They stamped it for another Year, they told us it was OK to travel, just be sure to get her Passport stamped.

So, we are now in the Philippines with this horrible mess behind us. We will be here until we get the Family issues resolved and decide what to do with the property we own (A Condo) here in Manila.

We left the U.S. on March 10, 2009.

I think of myself as a good American, however I do not feel as though I have been treated as one. Can you possibly help out in trying to untangle some of this mess? I have no idea what my Wife's status is currently and no idea what steps to take next. I have called the USCIS, I have faxed them, I have sent return receipt required letters, all with no response, or with a response that does not relate to our case.

We have now been told my Wife can not return to the U.S. Please see response from USCIS. This was the FINAL step before they were to issue her 10 Year GREEN CARD, now they want us to start a two Year process ALL OVER AGAIN BECAUSE OF THEIR MISTAKE. THIS IS JUST WRONG. Please help us, it may take direct legislative action because the following was received following a letter sent by a congressional aide:

Thank you for contacting the Congressional Liaison Team within the California Service Center. Since the applicant is out of the country after the case was denied. The petitioner will need to start from filing the I-130 petition again for the beneficiary.

The reason for the denial was explained in the denial notice that your constituent received. The evidence was not received.

The applicant's status has been terminated at this point, and she will not be able to return to the United States using the stamps in her passport.

Sincerely,

Yining Wu

Adjudication Officer

Congressional Unit

DHS/USCIS/CSC

As you can see, they say they did not receive the evidence, but in fact THEY DID. Does the truth even matter?

Yours Truly,

Arthur W. Bell & Airyn R. Bell

Art Bell's Wife Denied U.S. Visa

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/art-...denied-u-s-visa

Poor Art Bell! I love the guy! Regardless it will work out in the end and his wife will be back in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

But you send I-751 to USCIS on 0ctober 2008. Did no she received NOA? If she did her status is extended for one year, regardless of what kind of battles are going on during this year. They can not go against their word, this year she should be still safe?

Somebody did some serious mistake there. I would at least try to send in evidence again. When they asked for evidence did they gave you timeline how fast do you have to send evidence? And I suppose that then they would assign interviews a next step if evidence is not enough.

Just guessing and reasoning, but you ever know about USCIS.

And maybe get attorney.

07/29/2006 – I-129 sent to Vermont

08/04/2006 - NOA1

08/28/2006 - NOA2 - approved

09/01/2006 - NVC - approved

09/07/2006 - Warsaw embassy sent packet 3 (damn post services, never received any)

09/18/2006 - packet 3 sent (Nothing fails)

09/27 - received packet 4

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

11/7 - arrived in USA, POE YFK

1/19 - Married

02/23/2007 - Civil Surgeon (checked just vaccines for $ 25)

05/04/2007 - AOS package sent to Chicago

05/11/2007 - NOA1

05/15/2007 - NOA2 - ASC appointment letter about biometrics

05/24/2007 - RFE about tax forms w-2 and 1099!!!

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

21/06/2007 - NOA3 - Transfered to California

10/07/2007 - AOS approved, card production ordered!!!

19/07/2007 - Half year marriage anniversary - GC arrives!!!

07/08/2009 - Package sent (My cover letter 40 peaces of evidence)

07/14/2009 - check was cashed

07/10/2009 - NOA 1 received, GK extended for a year

07/17/2009 - received biometrics letter with my case number

08/06/2009 - scheduled biometrics appointment

11/16/2009 - approval

12/01/2009 - touched - card production ordered

2/26/2010 - got ten year card

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

Ne mirkli Tu neesi atstājis manas domas,

Tā, ka manas domas aizmirsa pat aizmirstību.

Mīļotais ir ienācis manā teltī,

Un mana sirds ir mulsas pārņemta.

I am sorry to bug in. I just checked the case status at USCIS website. It is approved. I quoted the status.

Receipt Number: WAC0900851515

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 16, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Am I missing anything here?

I am in USCIS mess myself. Hope you are fine now.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
I am sorry to bug in. I just checked the case status at USCIS website. It is approved. I quoted the status.

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

On June 16, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Can you please update your timeline?

Also, it is not a good idea to put your actual case number on a public forum.

Removing Conditions:

03/09/2009 - sent package to Vermont Service Center

03/17/2009 - NOA 1

04/14/2009 - Biometrics Done

08/10/2009 - Approved

08/13/2009 - Approval letter received (Online status still Pending)

08/14/2009 - Card Production Ordered-Email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The case number belongs to Art Bell and not Ping78. Stay with the program.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

People, do try to read carefully.

The OP is simply re-posting materials found online at the link he included (http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/art-bell-s-wife-denied-u-s-visa). The case is not his but that of a popular radio DJ whose case it is.

He is NOT posting on his own behalf so cannot answer questions. The case ID is not his...sigh :wacko:

Thanks Ron/Sharon, you beat me to it!

AOS Application

AOS posted 5/30/2007

AOS arrived in Chicago 6/1/2007

NOA1 rcvd 6/11/2007, dated 6/6/2007

AOS/EAD/AP touched 6/10/2007

AOS/EAD/AP touched 6/11/2007

Rcvd AOS/EAD Biometrics appt. letter 6/19/2007

I130/EAD/AP touched 6/24/2007

AOS/EAD Biometrics appt. 7/6/2007

AOS/EAD touched 7/6/2007

AOS/EAD touched 7/9/2007

AP touched 8/14/2007

AP touched 8/15/2007

AP touched 8/16/2007

EAD approved 8/20 EAD Approved

Rcvd AP in post 8/22/2007 AP Approved

AOS Interview 9/26/2007

AOS Approved 9/26/2007

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence

I-751 mailed 07/06/09

I-751 arrived VSC 07/07/09

NOA1 dated 07/07/09

Biometrics 08/13/0

I-751 Approval 12/10/09 I-751 Approved

Filed: Other Timeline

This is an interesting post that contains several teachings, the three most obvious being:

1) Nothing is unimpossible

2) Proof-read before you mail out a letter of paramount importance

3) Don't leave the country if you are in the middle of a battle with USCIS

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

The case number belongs to Art Bell and not Ping78. Stay with the program.

speaking of staying with the program! Art Bell's case is old news, been on VJ many times.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This happens to be the first time I and a few others have seen this, so that makes it old to you :wacko: and new to us :thumbs: !!!!!

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

According to Wikipedia, this has been resolved.

George Noory has announced that he heard from Art and that the immigration controversy is over, and that Airyn has been granted permanent residency.

Sean (USC) and Annette (AUS citizen) - CR-1 journey.

Met online : Feb. 2008 through Black Sun Journal and Facebook

Sean flew to Adelaide :

12 June 2008

26 October 2008

19 March 2009

27 June 2009

Married in Brougham Gardens, North Adelaide, SA : 28 March 2009

Service Center : California

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-130 Sent : 13 May 2009

I-130 NOA1 : 20 May 2009

Touch: 18 September 2009

Touch: 28 September 2009

I-130 NOA2: 1 October 2009

NVC Received: 18 October 2010

event.png

Filed: Timeline

George Noory has announced that he heard from Art and that the immigration controversy is over, and that Airyn has been granted permanent residency.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the replies.

I just heard about the Art Bell stuff yesterday and that was why I posted it. Sorry for re-posting anything. George Noory had it posted on June 06, 2009 on his site and that was why I posted it. Thanks for the info about the Wikipedia and the USCIS.

I've never listened to Art Bell, but I posted it because of all the troubles others have had with the USCIS and I am glad that now his wife has got her green card. Good news for them.

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell

Immigration Controversy

In late 2008, Bell filed an I-751 with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service in order to get his wife a green card. In early 2009 the USCIS responded that they would need additional evidence to prove that Bell's marriage to a Filipino national and subsequent green card application therefor was in good faith. Bell responded with evidence including their marriage license, their daughter's birth certificate, Bell's last will and testament, bank records, family photos, and Social Security forms. Bell sent the package to the USCIS by return receipt mail, and he subsequently received the return receipt stamped "USCIS RECEIVED JAN-15-09."

On March 10, 2009, Bell and his wife and daughter left Nevada for Manila to deal with some family business including the disposition of a condo they owned. Shortly thereafter, the USCIS denied the application on the grounds that the documentary evidence was never received, and further stipulated that Airyn Bell is not permitted to re-enter the United States, which is why Bell remains in the Philippines. Moreover, since the Bells were out of the country when the application was denied, they must start the process all over again. [24]

On his June 6 broadcast, Bell explained the situation and asked his listeners to send emails on his behalf to the White House.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do

This happens to be the first time I and a few others have seen this, so that makes it old to you :wacko: and new to us :thumbs: !!!!!

Yeah your right! Allways a few at the back of the bus. :wacko: lol

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the replies.

I just heard about the Art Bell stuff yesterday and that was why I posted it. Sorry for re-posting anything. George Noory had it posted on June 06, 2009 on his site and that was why I posted it. Thanks for the info about the Wikipedia and the USCIS.

I've never listened to Art Bell, but I posted it because of all the troubles others have had with the USCIS and I am glad that now his wife has got her green card. Good news for them.

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell

Immigration Controversy

In late 2008, Bell filed an I-751 with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service in order to get his wife a green card. In early 2009 the USCIS responded that they would need additional evidence to prove that Bell's marriage to a Filipino national and subsequent green card application therefor was in good faith. Bell responded with evidence including their marriage license, their daughter's birth certificate, Bell's last will and testament, bank records, family photos, and Social Security forms. Bell sent the package to the USCIS by return receipt mail, and he subsequently received the return receipt stamped "USCIS RECEIVED JAN-15-09."

On March 10, 2009, Bell and his wife and daughter left Nevada for Manila to deal with some family business including the disposition of a condo they owned. Shortly thereafter, the USCIS denied the application on the grounds that the documentary evidence was never received, and further stipulated that Airyn Bell is not permitted to re-enter the United States, which is why Bell remains in the Philippines. Moreover, since the Bells were out of the country when the application was denied, they must start the process all over again. [24]

On his June 6 broadcast, Bell explained the situation and asked his listeners to send emails on his behalf to the White House.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do

No need to be sorry it's all good! Like Ron was saying it's new to some.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.