Shahrzad e Farzin

Multiple Employers...Long Employment History

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone again,

I am working on my G-325A right now and am having trouble recalling all my odd jobs here and there. While I was in undergraduate and high school, I had odd jobs here and there. (I am 23 years old now). The past 2 positions I held were for 8 months and 1 year before that, but after that, there are several short-term jobs. Some of my positons were just "seasonal" positons over the summer or Christmas. Anyway, I am very paranoid that I will forget a job that I had. What would be the consequence? Also, my dad will be my fiance's co-sponsor, and I know he will need to submit his tax returns. (My dad has been emplyed at the same place for over 30 years.) Will I also need to submit my tax returns? I am not sure that I could even find my tax returns except from the past the last 2 years. Can I request them from the IRS if I need them?

Thank you in advance for your help! I know I asked a million questions. :)

Missing him :(

Timeline

are you the one who wants to come to the US? or you are applying for some one else to come here?

Well you don't need to go too far on your Job history, just the last 4-5 years is enough, don't get panic over this form, there are a lot more to worry about than this questions.

Co-sponsor needs to submit I-864 with his/her tax returns along with I-134 from the petitioner + Tax returns if any. also I recommend to call IRS and get the TAX Transcript which is the official TAX return and is free of charge and you should get it within 10 days.

If you are applying for some one try to send every thing in very organized manner and as you are an Iranian (me too) don't let them question you on any document that you send, try to send them as official as possible.

Timeline
are you the one who wants to come to the US? or you are applying for some one else to come here?

Well you don't need to go too far on your Job history, just the last 4-5 years is enough, don't get panic over this form, there are a lot more to worry about than this questions.

Co-sponsor needs to submit I-864 with his/her tax returns along with I-134 from the petitioner + Tax returns if any. also I recommend to call IRS and get the TAX Transcript which is the official TAX return and is free of charge and you should get it within 10 days.

If you are applying for some one try to send every thing in very organized manner and as you are an Iranian (me too) don't let them question you on any document that you send, try to send them as official as possible.

Thank you so much for responding!

I live in the US and am petitioning for my fiancé that is Iranian. (I met my fiance while I was studying abroad in Thailand.) Ethnically, I am half American (mom) and half Persian (dad). Despite the fact that I look Persian and have a 100% Persian name (Shahrzad Annahita), I was born in the US and have lived my entire life in US. My dad is also a US citizen and has lived here for 30 years. Regarding my job history, it is very scattered since I was a full-time student and only worked here and there. (Literally, I would work 1 month over Christmas break or 2-3 months over the summer....4 years of college breaks=multiple jobs). I think I have all my jobs recorded though, but you have made me feel more relaxed about it. (I just didn't want to accidently forget some random job and they think I am trying to cover up working at Panera or Best Buy lol)

Regarding the tax returns, I am still a little unclear. Will I need to submit my tax transcript as well even though my dad is a co-sponsor? How far back do they request tax records?

Thank you again. You have really helped me out! :)

Missing him :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hi everyone again,

I am working on my G-325A right now and am having trouble recalling all my odd jobs here and there. While I was in undergraduate and high school, I had odd jobs here and there. (I am 23 years old now). The past 2 positions I held were for 8 months and 1 year before that, but after that, there are several short-term jobs. Some of my positons were just "seasonal" positons over the summer or Christmas. Anyway, I am very paranoid that I will forget a job that I had. What would be the consequence? Also, my dad will be my fiance's co-sponsor, and I know he will need to submit his tax returns. (My dad has been emplyed at the same place for over 30 years.) Will I also need to submit my tax returns? I am not sure that I could even find my tax returns except from the past the last 2 years. Can I request them from the IRS if I need them?

Thank you in advance for your help! I know I asked a million questions. :)

Attach a list of them. Yes both you and your dad submit tax returns, etc. Yes you can request them from the IRS.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Hey, I like your name ;)

I'm counting the seconds...

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-07

NVC Received : 2009-08-10

NVC Left : 2009-08-14

Consulate Received : 2009-08-17

Packet 3 & 4 Received : 2009-09-20

Interview Date : 2009-12-21

Rescheduled the date to: 2010-01-24

Interview Result :put on an AP

Visa Approved: 2010-02-11

Visa Received :2010-03-16

US Entry : 2010-03-18

Marriage : 2010-05-25

CHECK MY TIME LINE FOR REST OF INFO.

Timeline

If you had seasonal Job, don't be too picky about it, if you just worked one month here and one month there, if were you I would just ignore it, but if you had a job for about 6 months, just list that one, and mostly write your education time lines.

As long as you have some proof relationship you are all set and you don't need to go to Iran.

Attach a copy of:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_920.html

to your documents and say that you are afraid of going to Iran because your safety.

Make sure you have photos together and attach a copy of your plane ticket and boarding passes also his ticket too to show that some where you to saw each other.

you also need to attach your TAX returns, one or two years of income is enough, I can't find any were about how many years, because peoples situation is different, if some one is self employed they need more but you/your dad are/were employed by some one with steady income, just one or 2 years is enough.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My jobs were all pretty temporary too--I'm also a student... so nothing full time or permanent. I wrote down everything from the last 5 years and then just called the IRS and ordered tax transcripts from the last 3 years. This makes it a lot easier than finding all my tax returns and W-2's. If you're employed now gather a few recent paycheck stubs to prove that. Because your dad is being co-sponsor (my dad was my cosponsor too), just make sure he has tax transcripts from the last 3 years, and proof of employment (5-6 months of recent paycheck stubs and a letter from his employer that states that he's employed and that he makes x amount) (if he files jointly with your mom, make sure to mention that later on when you file the financial stuff--just a note on the cover letter would suffice, just be sure to write his individual income in the places where it asks for individual and the joint income when it asks for the gross amount on his tax transcript, also, including his W-2's here would be a good idea just to show his individual income vs the joint one).

I agree with KGH about the copies of the plane tickets... the photocopy of the pages of the passport works too, just in the top corner make sure to write whose passport each page is from. Either way I believe you're going to need a copy of all passport pages sent to them as part of one of the packages so the ticket stub seems to be a more practical idea.

Hope this helps!

~M

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there!

I'm also in a similar situation, I have a really long and scattered employment history with a few years of grad school in the mix. So does my fiance. I've skimmed through the posts in this thread and people have mentioned that they managed to fit in their whole employment history. But what if you can't actually fit it on the form for the last 5 years? Do we need another form, or do we attach an appendix. Does anyone know? I have the same problem with residences. I've lived in three countries in the last 5 years with a few months of travel here and there.

Thanks for any help.

PS: I'm Canadian applying to come in, so I don't think attaching tax records helps.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi there!

I'm also in a similar situation, I have a really long and scattered employment history with a few years of grad school in the mix. So does my fiance. I've skimmed through the posts in this thread and people have mentioned that they managed to fit in their whole employment history. But what if you can't actually fit it on the form for the last 5 years? Do we need another form, or do we attach an appendix. Does anyone know? I have the same problem with residences. I've lived in three countries in the last 5 years with a few months of travel here and there.

Thanks for any help.

PS: I'm Canadian applying to come in, so I don't think attaching tax records helps.

Yes, just make an attachment and label the top of it as "G-325:Employment Last 5 Years." I made mine into a chart to look like the one on the form but I think it would be fine to just list all the information. Make sure you write on the G-325 form to see the attachment and also list it on your cover page. You can do the same with residences. :thumbs:

*~Meghan~*

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline
Hi there!

Thanks for any help.

Yes, just make an attachment and label the top of it as "G-325:Employment Last 5 Years." I made mine into a chart to look like the one on the form but I think it would be fine to just list all the information. Make sure you write on the G-325 form to see the attachment and also list it on your cover page. You can do the same with residences. :thumbs:

Does anyone know if a "scattered" employment history, including some months here and there of unemployment will adversely affect the approval process on the I-129? The position I have now is going on 9 months and is stable, but the last few years were a mess. Prior to 5 years ago ( which they are not interested in) my employment was impeccable.

Does anyone know if a "scattered" employment history, including some months here and there of unemployment will adversely affect the approval process on the I-129? The position I have now is going on 9 months and is stable, but the last few years were a mess. Prior to 5 years ago ( which they are not interested in) my employment was impeccable.

It shouldn't make any difference on the I-129F. USCIS's interest in that information is purely biographical. Make sure you don't leave any gaps in the timeframe, however - for periods of unemployment, put "Unemployed" and the dates.

When you get to the consular interview stage, you'll have to submit an Affidavit of Support with evidence of current, sustained income. As long as you hold onto your job (and the salary is sufficient - 125% of the federal poverty guidelines for your household size is the rule of thumb), a letter from your employer and several months' worth of pay stubs will establish your income.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.