vicki/bala

This is too much to even believe

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Ok guys here is an unbelievable story but I swear every word is true. My fiance and I have been on AP since Nov 15,2005. He was called in for a second interview after 8 months. We were thrilled. We were sure that this was gonna be good news for us. He attended yesterday (last night) and what transpired has to be a nightmare.

As soon as he sat down in the chair the interviewer told him. "We have investigated you for 8 months and found this to be immigration fraud".. (mind you we have known each other 4 years, with 2 of those years being in a loving relationship). My fiance was then told.."dont sit there with a shocked look on ur face, we know its fraud, cause we have proof your fiance (me) is living with someone" (#######) I have lived by myself will be 2 years the 2nd of August. Other than my teenage son coming for summer visits.......NO ONE has lived with me. And this can be easily verified. Any way ... Bala told them, I know this is a lie, I want to see your proof. To which they replied.."its her personal affair". They told him they called to my home early one morning and an Asian man answered my phone. I swear no Asian man has EVER answered my phone so where they pulled this lie from I'll never know! I cant believ that they would blatantly lie like that. They are working for our government? How can this be allowed? (But it gets worse)

After much of the same and my Bala defending our love, they finally pulled out a picture and told him.."Either you drop this case, or we will show this to your family and neighbors, and it will get ugly for you"...I swear they blackmailed him! Isnt blackmail a federal crime???? Still Bala refused to back down. He told them he loved me and he wasnt going to back down no matter what they said or done.

Now we have always been honest with the embassy and told them that Balas family knew nothing of our relationship, because they wouldnt approve. So one last time they tried again to blackmail him. he was told... "decide today,or we will go to your home and question your family and even then I wont guarntee you will get visa".. Bala told him.. give me two weeks to get out and then go and ask all you want.

Even as we speak he is on his way home....to pack his things, to give up his family, his work, to defend our love. He knows his family will deny him so he is prepared to let the embassy do as they want just so he can be with me. Isnt there something we can do about this?? 8 months they spent trying to prove us a fraud and when they couldnt find one thing they resorted to lies and blackmail? How can this be?? If anyone knows any thing ,,, anyone we can contact to voice this injustice...please please let me know.

Oh yeah and as far as all the proof we had, they would not even look them. Bala had tons of phone records, pictures of my trip there in april, copies of emails, online conversations.. names and numbers of our friends there in india who we spent time with and could verify our relationship ... his reply to balas offering them to him was "a few photos and converstations dont prove a relationship"

It may be helpful in understanding all this to know.....Im divorced, Im older than Bala (he is 30 im 44), and im Christian hes hindi.....still these are not grounds for denial nor an excuse for them to treat us this way.

But they have made up their minds...and seems they are determined to make our life hell or else give up!

Vicki/Bala

This is insane! what about the picture? that is of your son. surely you have 1001 more like it. geezz...

how they know an asian man answer the phone? how they know the person comming to the house was not

building Maint. this is wicked.

shon.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I didnt miss the point...I can see exactly what is happening. You point being that they can resort to blackmail...sure they can....they can bluff all they want...try to get him to withdraw his visa petition. You guys just didnt present a convincing case nor had the chance. You set off too many red flags. Im just a realist...sorry...buts its obvious to me as an outsider. . Go there and live there for six months...that should convince them.

Ive been there twice.. two weeks last year, and 5 weeks this year. I have three sons here , three granddaughters, a grandson due any day and another granddaughter due in four weeks. I have a job, and if I remember correctly for a visa petition you must show you have means to support them..So its much easier said than done..

but thanks for the advice.

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Ok guys here is an unbelievable story but I swear every word is true. My fiance and I have been on AP since Nov 15,2005. He was called in for a second interview after 8 months. We were thrilled. We were sure that this was gonna be good news for us. He attended yesterday (last night) and what transpired has to be a nightmare.

As soon as he sat down in the chair the interviewer told him. "We have investigated you for 8 months and found this to be immigration fraud".. (mind you we have known each other 4 years, with 2 of those years being in a loving relationship). My fiance was then told.."dont sit there with a shocked look on ur face, we know its fraud, cause we have proof your fiance (me) is living with someone" (#######) I have lived by myself will be 2 years the 2nd of August. Other than my teenage son coming for summer visits.......NO ONE has lived with me. And this can be easily verified. Any way ... Bala told them, I know this is a lie, I want to see your proof. To which they replied.."its her personal affair". They told him they called to my home early one morning and an Asian man answered my phone. I swear no Asian man has EVER answered my phone so where they pulled this lie from I'll never know! I cant believ that they would blatantly lie like that. They are working for our government? How can this be allowed? (But it gets worse)

After much of the same and my Bala defending our love, they finally pulled out a picture and told him.."Either you drop this case, or we will show this to your family and neighbors, and it will get ugly for you"...I swear they blackmailed him! Isnt blackmail a federal crime???? Still Bala refused to back down. He told them he loved me and he wasnt going to back down no matter what they said or done.

Now we have always been honest with the embassy and told them that Balas family knew nothing of our relationship, because they wouldnt approve. So one last time they tried again to blackmail him. he was told... "decide today,or we will go to your home and question your family and even then I wont guarntee you will get visa".. Bala told him.. give me two weeks to get out and then go and ask all you want.

Even as we speak he is on his way home....to pack his things, to give up his family, his work, to defend our love. He knows his family will deny him so he is prepared to let the embassy do as they want just so he can be with me. Isnt there something we can do about this?? 8 months they spent trying to prove us a fraud and when they couldnt find one thing they resorted to lies and blackmail? How can this be?? If anyone knows any thing ,,, anyone we can contact to voice this injustice...please please let me know.

Oh yeah and as far as all the proof we had, they would not even look them. Bala had tons of phone records, pictures of my trip there in april, copies of emails, online conversations.. names and numbers of our friends there in india who we spent time with and could verify our relationship ... his reply to balas offering them to him was "a few photos and converstations dont prove a relationship"

It may be helpful in understanding all this to know.....Im divorced, Im older than Bala (he is 30 im 44), and im Christian hes hindi.....still these are not grounds for denial nor an excuse for them to treat us this way.

But they have made up their minds...and seems they are determined to make our life hell or else give up!

Vicki/Bala

one thing. you been on AP 8 months did they not go to his family and ask about you? this is weird..

unless the pic was of you and him. could he been keeping you a secret? I thought you went to see him.

this is weird.

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And why is an Asian man answering the phone in India

K-1 visa timeline

May 23 06 Submitted I-129F to Vermont

June 19 06 Touched, States RFE mailed

June 23 06 Received I-129F RFE

June 24 06 Sent I-129F RFE

Nov 06 06 INTERVIEW

Nov 06 06 APPROVED

Nov 08 06 Visa in hand

Nov 17 06 to the U.S.

AOS Timeline

Feb. 14 '07 filed AOS,mailed I-485

Feb 23 '07 NOA1

Feb 27 '07 Bio appointment letter received

March 14 '07 Biometrics appointment

March 19 '07 application transferred to CSC

March 29 '07 case pending at CSC

May 19 '07 got appointment letter for 2nd Biometrics???

May 25' 07 received RFE for I-693 and immunization supplement...UUugggghh

Jun 1 '07 2nd biometrics appt.

June 9 '07 sent RFE back via USPS priority mail

June 12 '07 RFE received at Laguna Niguel

June 22 '07 received email saying CSC got our RFE and processing resumed on our case

July 7 '07another RFE for TB skin test

July 11 '07 sent RFE back

July 20 '07 case processing resumed per email from CRIS

July 24 '07 Email from CRIS...card production ordered!!

July 25 '07 received email saying letter welcoming new permanent resident was mailed

July 30 '07 GC in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And why is an Asian man answering the phone in India

K-1 visa timeline

May 23 06 Submitted I-129F to Vermont

June 19 06 Touched, States RFE mailed

June 23 06 Received I-129F RFE

June 24 06 Sent I-129F RFE

Nov 06 06 INTERVIEW

Nov 06 06 APPROVED

Nov 08 06 Visa in hand

Nov 17 06 to the U.S.

AOS Timeline

Feb. 14 '07 filed AOS,mailed I-485

Feb 23 '07 NOA1

Feb 27 '07 Bio appointment letter received

March 14 '07 Biometrics appointment

March 19 '07 application transferred to CSC

March 29 '07 case pending at CSC

May 19 '07 got appointment letter for 2nd Biometrics???

May 25' 07 received RFE for I-693 and immunization supplement...UUugggghh

Jun 1 '07 2nd biometrics appt.

June 9 '07 sent RFE back via USPS priority mail

June 12 '07 RFE received at Laguna Niguel

June 22 '07 received email saying CSC got our RFE and processing resumed on our case

July 7 '07another RFE for TB skin test

July 11 '07 sent RFE back

July 20 '07 case processing resumed per email from CRIS

July 24 '07 Email from CRIS...card production ordered!!

July 25 '07 received email saying letter welcoming new permanent resident was mailed

July 30 '07 GC in hand

Wow im gobsmacked!

IM so sorry, so very sorry this is happening to you :(((((

My lawyer warned me before the interview that they may pull me aside and ask some questions that are not true, to see your reaction, but my goodness this is taking the p***

Edited by Lizzy

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Vicki/Bala

one thing. you been on AP 8 months did they not go to his family and ask about you? this is weird..

they called his family about two weeks ago.. spoke with his bro, and his sis in law, no one else was at home. AT that time they didnt mention to his bro that it was a fiance visa. But now they are blackmailing him telling him they will go to his family and let them know. He told them go ahead that he is willing to go thru anything for our love. He is preparing to leave his home permanetly on Monday. And Shon they never called my home they lied. They told him they have proof that I am living with someone here. I can prove by landlord and neighbors that I have lived here alone for nearly two years now....So how can they say they have proof to something that is a lie?

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Vicki/Bala

they called his family about two weeks ago.. spoke with his bro, and his sis in law, no one else was at home. AT that time they didnt mention to his bro that it was a fiance visa. But now they are blackmailing him telling him they will go to his family and let them know. He told them go ahead that he is willing to go thru anything for our love. He is preparing to leave his home permanetly on Monday. And Shon they never called my home they lied. They told him they have proof that I am living with someone here. I can prove by landlord and neighbors that I have lived here alone for nearly two years now....So how can they say they have proof to something that is a lie?

they proble saw someone come there - trying to sell something and wanna make it into some great lie..

they do that #######..

shon.gif

Two days later the embassy called balas home and spoke with his bro, then called him for this second interview.

Well, do you think his brother ruined all this since you two were hiding it? Also, age differences where the American woman is older than Indian man always seems to bring a denial.

We went through Chennai with no problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

All I can say is... that sucks! :angry:

You really need to call in the infantry. Congressman, Senator, Mayor, Governor... ANYONE!!! What they are doing is WRONG! Morally and legally.

Hope somehow you can get this taken care of.

Best of luck to you two.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Wow! Sorry to hear about all your troubles. It does sound like they are setting you up for a bribe. I have a friend that married a Chinees woman a few years ago. They went into their interview for the first time and were accused of fraud. Keep in mind that he owns his own business and was able to go their and stay for months at a time, he built her family a new house and worked on their farm. They went into their first interview and he was asked for a tape of him speaking chinees for 20 minutes. He managed to stumble through that. They still put him on AR. 6 months later he went back to another interview with her. They still accused him of fraud and said he was getting paid to bring her to the states. They were put on AR for another 6 months. He contacted his Senator and managed to get another interview. When they walked in the CO, and american, told him flat out they were not going to give her a visa. He got very angry right there and finally asked the magic question, "what can I do to change your mind?" She looked him straight in the eye and said "2 thousand dollars in US $100 bills will change my mind". He said he wanted to talk to her boss. She said "Who do you think is getting this money?" He forked over the money and a week later she had the visa.

It sound like they are gonna do the same to you. You might want to go there and ask that "magic question", "what can I do to change your mind?". If they offer to take a bribe then you will know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi Vicki

Sorry to hear about the horrible thing happened to you. Have you previously filed any petitions before? I hope everything will be resolved soon.

Bill

AOS JOURNEY BEGIN

10-18-2006 - MAILED I-485/I-765/I-864/G325A

10-24-2006 - I-485/I-765 NOA1

10-27-2006 - AOS/EAD TOUCHED

11-07-2006 - EMAIL RFE FROM USCIS

11-09-2006 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT

11-16-2006 - MAILED BACK THE RFE

12-12-2006 - CASE TRANSFER TO CSC

01-08-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-11-2007 - EAD APPROVED

01-13-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-15-2007 - EAD TOUCHED AGAIN

01-18-2007 - EAD RECIEVED IN HAND + APPROVAL NOTICE SENT FROM USCIS

01-18-2007 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURTIY NUMBER

01-20-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-20-2007 - AOS TOUCHED

01-27-2007 - RECEIVED SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

03-01-2007 - EMIAL FROM CSC AOS IS NOW PENDING AT OUR OFFICE

03-02-2007 - AOS TOUCHED

03-05-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-06-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-07-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-08-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGIAN AROUND 9 AM SOMETHING.

03-08-2007 - AOS APPROVED AT NOON

03-09-2007 - EMAIL FROM CSC (WELCOME NEW RESIDENT NOTICE WAS SENT)

03-12-2007 - EMAIL FROM CSC (APPROVAL NOTICE WAS SENT)

03-13-2007 - TOUCHED

03-15-2007 - GREEN CARD AND APPROVAL NOTICE IN HAND

REMOVING CONDITION I-751

01-20-2009 - SENT I-751 CERTIFIED OVERNIGHT

01-26-2009 - CHECK CASHED

01-22-2009 - NOA1

02-04-2009 - RECEIVED BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT IN THE MAIL

02-17-2009 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT DATE 9 AM

02-17-2009 - TOUCHED

02-18-2009 - TOUCHED AGAIN

05-28-2009 - APPROVAL (WAITING TO RECEIVE 10 YRS GREEN CARD)

06-22-2009 - RECEIVED 10 YRS GREEN CARD

When they walked in the CO, and american, told him flat out they were not going to give her a visa. He got very angry right there and finally asked the magic question, "what can I do to change your mind?" She looked him straight in the eye and said "2 thousand dollars in US $100 bills will change my mind". He said he wanted to talk to her boss. She said "Who do you think is getting this money?" He forked over the money and a week later she had the visa.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.