Angel Eyes Yuseef

Does anyone think Ramadan could delay Interviews

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

WE was approved on June 26, and had been watching the timelines. So we half way excepted a fast interview like everyone else. But when I called NVC we have to wait for 3 months, October 7. So I am wondering if maybe Ramadan could cause a delay in these interviews. Opinions ;)

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think it is possible. However I must say most of the workers I saw in the American Embassy in Egypt appeared non-muslim cause none of the women were covered.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I don't believe that Ramadan will cause the interviews to be postponed. I can't imagine that the embassy would be able to close down an entire month. The embassy has most likely reached its numbers.

I have included the link for the American and Moroccan holidays. I hope this helps!

http://rabat.usembassy.gov/holidays.html

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
I think it is possible. However I must say most of the workers I saw in the American Embassy in Egypt appeared non-muslim cause none of the women were covered.

There were a few women in the American embassy here in Riyadh as well as Lebanon that i am almost certain they were muslim and they werent covered...

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi what do u mean "reached thier numbers" so that means the rest of us that are still even just waiting for NOA 2 will now be looking at next year for our SO............... ughhhhhhhhh this is not simple news to digest......!!!!

this process just gets better as each day goes on... ................... it is hard to keep hope a float when u hear something like this..................

WITH ALLAH ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! ALHUMDILALLAH

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi what do u mean "reached thier numbers" so that means the rest of us that are still even just waiting for NOA 2 will now be looking at next year for our SO............... ughhhhhhhhh this is not simple news to digest......!!!!

this process just gets better as each day goes on... ................... it is hard to keep hope a float when u hear something like this..................

Well, their interview slots for the next month or two might be full -- it's not like a yearly quota or anything.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound negative. I called a couple of weeks after my case was completed and they told me that there were no more July interviews because the embassy had reached all of its numbers for that month. They told me to call back on July 15th to see if I had been scheduled for an August interview....but they sent me an email on June 22 with the date for my interview...so now I am just counting the days.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.