cohibakid

My wife just got her Permanent Residence Card and now is filing for divorce.

84 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Well, even if some of the accusations here against Russian women were true...if you look at the vast poverty and horrible conditions in which they live in, you'd see that many of them feel that there's no other way out. There are Russian/Ukrainian/etc prostitutes ALL OVER THE WORLD. Why? Easy money, an escape from their crappy lives...and why do many of these women marry outside their ethnicity? Well, the stereotype goes that a majority of Russian men indulge heavily in gambling, beating their families, and drinking. So they'd prefer to find someone who didn't do any of the above. At least that's some of the excuses many of them give.

I think we're all intelligent enough to realize that bad and good exist in every culture. Unfortunately, in cases like this, bad comes out more than the good.

I am worried for Russia though. Low birth rates, high death rates from AIDS, alcoholism, etc., lack of satisfaction in their lives, mass emigration, and so on. They are going downhill very fast.

Careful there.... seriously. Don't get irked when people say stereotypical cr@p about people from Syria? Not cool either way.

1) I wouldn't care anyways because neither my husband and I are from there. My husband was born there only.

2) I don't see how I was stereotyping. I was GIVING AN EXAMPLE OF THE ASSUMPTIONS that people have worldwide about Russians. Please reread carefully what I wrote. I know we'd all like to appear all Gandhi-like and holier than thou when it comes to such topics, but truth of the matter is that stereotypes exist for a reason. I lived in Russia in my earlier years and saw for myself the horrible conditions people live in.

In 1992, they brought bananas to my region for the first time. People didn't know what they were, and were eating them with the peels on...same went for kiwis and such. That's how bad communism treated them. Still, till today, these effects exist. You have to pity them. Even with their great educational systems, there's not much hope in Russia unless you're well-connected, or absurdly talented and intelligent. As for the village girls who don't see another way out in life, marrying foreigners, working outside, selling their bodies, etc. become quick and easy ways to make cash. Don't believe me or think I'm being a racist? how about I post the numerous academic articles that discuss these issues and then you can tell these people who wrote them that they are being judgemental and racist?

Please don't act judgemental. I was trying to make a point. Have you ever been to Russia? I figured not.

cheers.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline
Well, even if some of the accusations here against Russian women were true...if you look at the vast poverty and horrible conditions in which they live in, you'd see that many of them feel that there's no other way out. There are Russian/Ukrainian/etc prostitutes ALL OVER THE WORLD. Why? Easy money, an escape from their crappy lives...and why do many of these women marry outside their ethnicity? Well, the stereotype goes that a majority of Russian men indulge heavily in gambling, beating their families, and drinking. So they'd prefer to find someone who didn't do any of the above. At least that's some of the excuses many of them give.

I think we're all intelligent enough to realize that bad and good exist in every culture. Unfortunately, in cases like this, bad comes out more than the good.

I am worried for Russia though. Low birth rates, high death rates from AIDS, alcoholism, etc., lack of satisfaction in their lives, mass emigration, and so on. They are going downhill very fast.

Oh FFS not again! Care to back up all that vomit you just spewed w/ some figures?

Oh, and if easy money and escape from a crappy life is why Russians marry outside of their 'ethnicity' as you put it...what's your excuse?

Vomit I just spewed? Please... :whistle: again, why do you think you need to act holier-than-thou? And what do you mean, what's my excuse?

there's a very good book that discusses this: Capitalism's Achilles Heel. Try and read it, it's written in an easy and carefree manner. Want some sites?

http://www.spiral.com/infoshare/Article1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Russia

http://geography.about.com/od/obtainpopula...a/russiapop.htm

I would also advise you to google the organized crime issue in Russia.

Anything else? Is it all really #######?? :huh:

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: Timeline
2) I don't see how I was stereotyping. I was GIVING AN EXAMPLE OF THE ASSUMPTIONS that people have worldwide about Russians. Please reread carefully what I wrote. I know we'd all like to appear all Gandhi-like and holier than thou when it comes to such topics, but truth of the matter is that stereotypes exist for a reason. I lived in Russia in my earlier years and saw for myself the horrible conditions people live in.

In 1992, they brought bananas to my region for the first time. People didn't know what they were, and were eating them with the peels on...same went for kiwis and such. That's how bad communism treated them. Still, till today, these effects exist. You have to pity them. Even with their great educational systems, there's not much hope in Russia unless you're well-connected, or absurdly talented and intelligent. As for the village girls who don't see another way out in life, marrying foreigners, working outside, selling their bodies, etc. become quick and easy ways to make cash. Don't believe me or think I'm being a racist? how about I post the numerous academic articles that discuss these issues and then you can tell these people who wrote them that they are being judgemental and racist?

Please don't act judgemental. I was trying to make a point. Have you ever been to Russia? I figured not.

cheers.

You are so right, enraptured. Russia today is EXACTLY like it was in 1992. In fact, the majority of Russians don't even know HOW to eat a banana. Seriously, you give a Russian a banana and they think it's a mobile phone, just like the kind they saw on the moving picture show at their last Collective rally that showed the evils of the Capitolist Bourgeoisie cellular infrastructure. It's really sad.

Edited by mox

Timeline

cheers.

And your point is?

My point is I've been there and I have seen upfront what these calamities are doing to people. So please, stop trying to bait me. I've been to your country by the way. Nice enough........

I don't understand why you're so pissy about this? These are all real things that are going on there. Even the Russian government recognizes this and is attempting to take action to change them. Recently, a discussion was held on giving some sort of stipend to Russian ethnic moms for giving birth to kids....that way they can help "boost" the ethnic Russian population. The Muslims in Russia are growing steadily due to their high conversion and birth rates. The Turkic groups are also growing at an alarming rate, which is a bothersome issue in Russia. Lack of employment and opportunities always leads to trouble anywhere in the world, thus the above points I had made were valid. So why are you upset? Get over it...

Cheers

Timeline:

TBC....

Filed: Timeline

I don't think you are a racist. I do think you are making a sweeping generalization about a group of women; and no matter how you slice it, it is NOT cool. Pretty simple. As uncool as saying "well, all Syrian men only want a greencard and marry old fat Americans", OR "all Mexicans are illegals who are out for papers only", OR "Native Americans are all a bunch of good for nothing drunkards"

And I have been in academia for more than 15 years, so the "oh I will post journal articles" does not impress me one bit.

cheers.

You are so right, enraptured. Russia today is EXACTLY like it was in 1992. In fact, the majority of Russians don't even know HOW to eat a banana. Seriously, you give a Russian a banana and they think it's a mobile phone, just like the kind they saw on the moving picture show at their last Collective rally that showed the evils of the Capitolist Bourgeoisie cellular infrastructure. It's really sad.

Oshit....I just snorted I laughed so long. :rofl:

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

Instead of showing how ignorant your response was, let me just ask you to REREAD my post again. I was citing the situation as it was when I first went to live in mother Russia. Now, it has of course advanced in the past 2 decades, but the majority of the government's investments lean heavily towards its major cities and not rural or poorer areas. Thus, you will still find this sort of rampant poverty all over. Even in Moscow, there are some really sad ghetto places that you just wince to walk past...not because of disgust, but because of pity. Please, I'm embarrassed for you and your stupid post. If you are posting just to be lame, then go do it elsewhere.

Timeline:

TBC....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.