웃

What do you consider rich?

What do you consider rich?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Be honest to your current situation, what do you consider rich (assume no or very little debt):

• Not drowning in debt
    • Over $10,000 in the bank
    • Over $20,000 in the bank
    • Over $40,000 in the bank
    • Over $75,000 in the bank
    • Over $150,000 in the bank
    • Over $500,000 in bank
    • Over $1 million in assets
    • Over $2.5 million in assets
    • Over $5 million in assets
    • I'm happy collecting my welfare check
    • Getting my own place (I live with Ma and Pa)
  2. 2. Are you pleased with your current financial situation?

• Yes!
    • F@#% No!
    • It's ok.
  3. 3. How much money do you rake in a year?

• Less than $15k
    • $15-$25k
    • $25-$35k
    • $35-$45k
    • $45-$60k
    • $60-$75k
    • $75-$100k
    • $100-$125k
    • $125-$150k
    • $150-$200k
    • $200-$250k
    • More than $250k!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Wait.. I misunderstood the 1st question. Or did I? I read it as a hypothetical - what do you consider rich? But now I'm looking at some of the other options and there are answers in there that speak to my personal financial situation. The poll is flawed!

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

It would be better to judge wealth based upon income, not bank balances. People don't receive and then deposit their yearly salary all at once.

Someone might make the average salary which is around $40,000 but their spouse works and makes the same too and they have a joint account with $15,000 in savings left at the end of the year. Then you might find someone that makes a million per year but after paying the mortgage on the mansion, the car note on 4 mercedes' for each family member over 15, the credit card bills on diamond jewelry and designer shoes for their gold-digging trophy wife and the cost of designer clothes for their spoiled teenagers that only has $10,000 left in the bank by the end of the year. If I made $75k per year I would consider myself wealthy because I'm good at saving money and avoiding debt. I could live quite nicely and even afford a vacation abroad every year on that.

I will consider myself RICH if I married Bill Gates :devil::devil:

Or if I have more than 5Million $$$$ NET of liquid asset, excluding real and personal asset.

Aside from the monetary richness is my family's Health... coz Health is Wealth... Bow!!! :dance:

February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

rich is relative where you live..in arkansas..rich is $50,000 and a new pick-up..in LA..$5 million

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you own a TV, you ain't poor.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Even rich people are still working to keep them rich.

what do I consider rich?

Angelina Jolie

Paris Hilton

the actor who played harry potter movies

Stephen King

Michael Jackson but billion of credit--- :blink::unsure:

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: Other Timeline
Even rich people are still working to keep them rich.

what do I consider rich?

Angelina Jolie

Paris Hilton

the actor who played harry potter movies

Stephen King

Michael Jackson but billion of credit--- :blink::unsure:

OK..what do I consider rich?

I am the boss of myself :innocent:

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Of the 24 registered voters thus far, here are the results for the second and third part of the poll:

Second part:

11/24 make less than 60k/year

13/24 make over 60k---With 9/24 (37.5%) making over 75k, and 6/24 (25%) making over 100k/year

^^^No wonder you guys are so smart. Over half of you have some damn good jobs (imo)^^^

First part:

Interestingly enough, despite the (imo) high salaries (9 of 24 making over 75k/year) only 2 are pleased with their current financial situation, 11 said "F@#% No!" and the other 11 said "It's ok"

Edited by Confucian

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Well, 'rich' is relative. We make well over $100K together and have very little debt. However....we are about to put one kids through college and I'm going back to school myself, so that will create some chunks in our budget.

I'm happy with bills under control and money in savings every month. I spent many years scraping by....never want to do that again.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Rich is not having to work and still have money coming in.

:thumbs:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!