JennAndFranz

Has USCIS stopped processing I-130 for CR1,IR1?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Hi,

I submitted my petition on March 17, and I am still waiting for my NO2. I am concerned because it seems that USCIS has not processed/approved any petitions in the last 4-5 weeks, with exception of some expedites, in fact the petition before mine was approved on May 28th and they haven't approved any other petitions after that. I called customer service, but I got the scripted answer posted on the web. How can we find out when USCIS will start processing I-130 petitions again? Is there a phone number, besides the customer service number, where one can get in informative and accurate answer?

03-16-2009 Mailed I-130, Priority Mail

03-17-2009 Item was delivered CHICAGO, IL 60680

03-23-2009 I-797C, NOA1 by California Service Center.

08-10-2009 NOA2 Approval by EMail. Hard Copy received in the mail on August 14.

NVC

08-18-2009 NVC case number assigned

08-25-2009 Email received: DS-3032 & AOS bill. DS-3032 Emailed and AOS paid

08-26-2009 DS-3032 hard copy Sent via DHL from Bolivia. Delivered on 08-28-09

08-28-2009 AOS bill status PAID. Overnight AOS Package

09-17-2009 DS-230 Overnight

09-21-2009 DS-230 Delivered

09-24-2009 DS-230 In NVC System

10-01-2009 NVC Case Completed!

Hi,

I submitted my petition on March 17, and I am still waiting for my NO2. I am concerned because it seems that USCIS has not processed/approved any petitions in the last 4-5 weeks, with exception of some expedites, in fact the petition before mine was approved on May 28th and they haven't approved any other petitions after that. I called customer service, but I got the scripted answer posted on the web. How can we find out when USCIS will start processing I-130 petitions again? Is there a phone number, besides the customer service number, where one can get in informative and accurate answer?

I know, the middle to end of March are all still waiting, who knows what they are doing, its so sad and heartaching.

No matter who you call or email, they will tell you your within the 5 month processing times.

Try to stay strong Hon, your not in this alone.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Hi,

No. There's no one at USCIS who will give you any useful information at all. You're still within processing times so there's nothing to worry about. Also keep in mind that members on VisaJourney are just a tiny fraction of the overall applicants. Just because no one you've seen here has been approved doesn't mean that the thousands of other applications aren't being approved.

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey jennandfranz...

Not just expedites -- we were approved and we're just a normal pair of people with no access to the expedite. All I can say is that there is no rhyme or reason as to how they process at all. Don't be discouraged by what the operator tells you -- we called a week before approval and they told us that we'd have to wait the full 6 months before anything could happen or we had any right to complain. That's all they told us. We also had no touches or anything on our account.

Don't be discouraged and don't let the USCIS get you down, it's their job to be hard-nosed about stuff.

Good luck and may your processing go well.

Best,

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Yep, keep the faith.

I know a VJ couple from April Filers that got approved.

There's absolutely no pattern at all with USCIS...

keep calling, keep asking if it is already assigned to an officer

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Yep, keep the faith.

If we keep calling will that affect the case in anyway....meaning "this person calls too much so will stick it to the bottom"

12/07/2009 - POE LAX

12/16/2009 - Received GC in mail

Removal Of Conditions 09-09-2011

09-09-2011 : Mailed ROC packet

09-12-2011 : Packet Arrived CSC (delayed from labor day long weekend)

09-14-2011 : Check Cashed

09-14-2011 : NOA1 dated 09-12-2011

09-19-2011 : Early walk-in Biometrics completed (Original date 10/03/2011)

02-07-2012 : Green Card Approved

02-11-2012 : Green Card Received

Citizenship

09-07-2012 : Mailed N-400 package

09-10-2012 : N-400 Package delivered

09-13-2012 : Check cashed, email and text received with case number

09-14-2012 : Biometrics letter mailed

09-15-2012 : NOA received dated 09-10

09-17-2012 : Biometrics letter received for 09-27

02-25-2013 : Interview Passed - Original interview was 01-07-2013 but was out of country so postponed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

its very frustrating when you see 8 K1 approvals for a single day and none for I130's

we're barely halfway through july and the last 15 K1 approvals on igor's list is almost completely filled with july approvals and the I130 approvals list has two and they were expedites

very very discouraging

but this too shall pass

Edited by Bunzarelli

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Yep, keep the faith.

If we keep calling will that affect the case in anyway....meaning "this person calls too much so will stick it to the bottom"

not really... but there was a couple of CR1 filers who was already approved and they

didn't know until they called. it was, i think, a week later before they found out through calling.

Yep, keep the faith.

A big fat YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Once a petition is pulled case the petitoner called, it is NOT put back in same place they pulled it from.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Yep, keep the faith.

A big fat YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Once a petition is pulled case the petitoner called, it is NOT put back in same place they pulled it from.

When we call USCIS, most of time the rep. (no matter at which level) will pull up your computer record and tell you the status from there, not your phisical file folder. So I believe that calling the USCIS should not have impacted your chance of being processed.

USCIS is so unfair to the CR1/IR1 filer these days, the processing time is more than their goal of 5 month now. K1 is said 5 month.

I don't know what else to do other wait :crying::crying::crying: so frustrating :angry::angry::angry: !!!

I-130

04/07/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

08/11/2009 - I-130 NOA2 - APPROVED

NVC

08/19/2009 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

09/22/2009 - Case Completed at NVC

09/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled

Yep, keep the faith.

When we call USCIS, most of time the rep. (no matter at which level) will pull up your computer record and tell you the status from there, not your phisical file folder. So I believe that calling the USCIS should not have impacted your chance of being processed.

USCIS is so unfair to the CR1/IR1 filer these days, the processing time is more than their goal of 5 month now. K1 is said 5 month.

I don't know what else to do other wait :crying::crying::crying: so frustrating :angry::angry::angry: !!!

I only posted what Washington DC told me.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Yep, keep the faith.

I spoke to an officer and then another higher level rep that when you call it is just an inquiry and your case doesn't get pulled from queue. It is just looked into from the computer. They also told me that calling doesn't affect the case status.

12/07/2009 - POE LAX

12/16/2009 - Received GC in mail

Removal Of Conditions 09-09-2011

09-09-2011 : Mailed ROC packet

09-12-2011 : Packet Arrived CSC (delayed from labor day long weekend)

09-14-2011 : Check Cashed

09-14-2011 : NOA1 dated 09-12-2011

09-19-2011 : Early walk-in Biometrics completed (Original date 10/03/2011)

02-07-2012 : Green Card Approved

02-11-2012 : Green Card Received

Citizenship

09-07-2012 : Mailed N-400 package

09-10-2012 : N-400 Package delivered

09-13-2012 : Check cashed, email and text received with case number

09-14-2012 : Biometrics letter mailed

09-15-2012 : NOA received dated 09-10

09-17-2012 : Biometrics letter received for 09-27

02-25-2013 : Interview Passed - Original interview was 01-07-2013 but was out of country so postponed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
Yep, keep the faith.

I spoke to an officer and then another higher level rep that when you call it is just an inquiry and your case doesn't get pulled from queue. It is just looked into from the computer. They also told me that calling doesn't affect the case status.

Gundas,

You brought me peace of mind. I was afraid that I committed a mistake because I called to inquire last week, and thought that I put my self behind in the queue. I sure hope that you are right. I faced up to many challenges in my life, but this journey is the most demanding from an emotional point of view. Being apart from your love ones is so hard, and knowing that there is nothing that one can do to fix that, is even more depressing. I wish the best outcome for all of us

03-16-2009 Mailed I-130, Priority Mail

03-17-2009 Item was delivered CHICAGO, IL 60680

03-23-2009 I-797C, NOA1 by California Service Center.

08-10-2009 NOA2 Approval by EMail. Hard Copy received in the mail on August 14.

NVC

08-18-2009 NVC case number assigned

08-25-2009 Email received: DS-3032 & AOS bill. DS-3032 Emailed and AOS paid

08-26-2009 DS-3032 hard copy Sent via DHL from Bolivia. Delivered on 08-28-09

08-28-2009 AOS bill status PAID. Overnight AOS Package

09-17-2009 DS-230 Overnight

09-21-2009 DS-230 Delivered

09-24-2009 DS-230 In NVC System

10-01-2009 NVC Case Completed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.