Lina y Mario

Pregnant and anxious....want my fiance here!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
One thing that you could do, is provide your fiance with a letter from your doctor confirming the pregnancy and due date and also copies of the pictures from your ultra sound if you have any, as these will have your name on the top of the screen, and any e-mails to your fiance discussing the pregnancy and baby. He can use this as proof of an on-going relationship. It will not expedite the procedure, but it does give the consulate more proof of a legitimate relationship.

Congratulations and good luck

that is no proof as she could be preg. by another male.

Indeed. All that proves is she is pregnant. Is is not proof of bonafide relationship whatsoever :no:

Why is it that people constantly think having a child by/with the beneficiary somehow goes towards proving relationship legitimacy? This seems to be a constant and I just don't get it. :unsure:

It only proves that two people had sex...not that the 'relationship' underpinning the visa application is legitimate. The consulate issues family based visas on the legitimacy of the relationship between petitioner and beneficiary, not upon the legitimacy of the coitus between them.

Right, but what exactly does "legitimate" mean?

I love how people can just scan a post and not read it beofore replying. What I was suggesting was that if there are e-mails between the 2 of them regarding the pregnancy to bring them. Yes, this is jsut as important as anyother e-mail. It shows there has been communication between them, and that he is aware of the pregnancy, the e-mails can be used as proof of ongoing contact/relationship

I too am expecting and I too, cannot stand that some women will become pregnant thinking that it will ensure a visa, as a contractor who worked overseas I saw alot of male contractors have this happen to them, all of a sudden they have a pregnant foreign girlfriend that they met on a 2 week leave that now want's to get married and move to the states.

So I agree as I originally posted, it will not expedite the process, but use the e-mails as proof of relationship. All and any e-mails, and pictures are important, and its important that he shows the embassy that he is aware his american fiancee is expecting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Go over all your documents and make sure you have included everything, including financial information, tax returns etc; make a checklist it will make the situation a whole lot less stressful.

Emails are a great source of proof, emails of you both discussing the baby are a must.

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Other then having the documents in hand the only other thing you can make sure of is to let the embassy know that the beneficiary has an immediate need to travel. Hopefully he's done that already by putting an early date on the visa forms for the expected travel date. That way there is a chance that after they award the visa he'll get it almost immediately. At least that was how the consulate in london worked. This was per an official there who stated it can make the difference from waiting a day to waiting two weeks for the passport to be issued with the visa. However all consulates work differently so who knows, for all I know columbia may always issue them next day.

Edited by lancer1655

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Other then having the documents in hand the only other thing you can make sure of is to let the embassy know that the beneficiary has an immediate need to travel. Hopefully he's done that already by putting an early date on the visa forms for the expected travel date. That way there is a chance that after they award the visa he'll get it almost immediately. At least that was how the consulate in london worked. This was per an official there who stated it can make the difference from waiting a day to waiting two weeks for the passport to be issued with the visa. However all consulates work differently so who knows, for all I know columbia may always issue them next day.

Croatia issues them just one day after the interview, but they couldn't really care less about the date on your DS-156 form, or whatever it's called. I left the field blank because, at that point, I had no idea when I'd be leaving. When I pointed that out, they said it wasn't important at all, because DS-156's fields mostly don't apply to K visas, anyway.

I don't really think there's much you can do about getting your visa sooner. Once you have your NOA2 and can get in contact with the respective Embassy, you can see if they can schedule an as-early-as-possible interview. Everything else will be just as random as anyone else's case.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
One thing that you could do, is provide your fiance with a letter from your doctor confirming the pregnancy and due date and also copies of the pictures from your ultra sound if you have any, as these will have your name on the top of the screen, and any e-mails to your fiance discussing the pregnancy and baby. He can use this as proof of an on-going relationship. It will not expedite the procedure, but it does give the consulate more proof of a legitimate relationship.

Congratulations and good luck

that is no proof as she could be preg. by another male.

Indeed. All that proves is she is pregnant. Is is not proof of bonafide relationship whatsoever :no:

Why is it that people constantly think having a child by/with the beneficiary somehow goes towards proving relationship legitimacy? This seems to be a constant and I just don't get it. :unsure:

It only proves that two people had sex...not that the 'relationship' underpinning the visa application is legitimate. The consulate issues family based visas on the legitimacy of the relationship between petitioner and beneficiary, not upon the legitimacy of the coitus between them.

Birth certificate of child born to you and your spouse together is Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage. What do you think is the best Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage. Any Evidence can be made up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.