Nova Salas

Getting a Gov't Support like Medicaid could that effect my future application for removal conditional residency?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is that an issue, when like me a pregnant woman for some reason my husband don't have insurance for me yet because his company has a crappy health insurance. We decided to get into their programs like MOMS or Medicaid which is a government assistance for pregnant women. will that affects my future application for removal of conditional residency?

Please i really need your help on this to those who have encountered of such issue. I would highly appreciate your cooperation..

Thank you very much

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Taking Medicare is not an immigration issue and neither is it illegal...I dont think you should worry about...

Removing Conditions:

03/09/2009 - sent package to Vermont Service Center

03/17/2009 - NOA 1

04/14/2009 - Biometrics Done

08/10/2009 - Approved

08/13/2009 - Approval letter received (Online status still Pending)

08/14/2009 - Card Production Ordered-Email

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

If any benefit that you receive falls under the category of a means tested benefit (or whatever the term is), USCIS can ask your sponsor to pay back to the government the money charged for that benefit. Please consult other well informed people in this forum for to confirm what I have mentioned as I may be wrong.

Taking Medicare is not an immigration issue and neither is it illegal...I dont think you should worry about...

Medicare and Medicaid are completely different. I doubt if the Human Services will even let you apply for Medicaid. You can get WIC tho.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Is WIC public means? If so then no you can not.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Medicare and Medicaid are completely different. I doubt if the Human Services will even let you apply for Medicaid. You can get WIC tho.

WIC falls under the category of a means tested benefit

WIC falls under the category of a means tested benefit

Many groups of people are covered by Medicaid. Even within these groups, though, certain requirements must be met. These may include your age, whether you are pregnant, disabled, blind, or aged; your income and resources (like bank accounts, real property, or other items that can be sold for cash); and whether you are a U.S. citizen or a lawfully admitted immigrant. The rules for counting your income and resources vary from state to state and from group to group. There are special rules for those who live in nursing homes and for disabled children living at home.

Your child may be eligible for coverage if he or she is a U.S. citizen or a lawfully admitted immigrant, even if you are not (however, there is a 5-year limit that applies to lawful permanent residents). Eligibility for children is based on the child's status, not the parent's. Also, if someone else's child lives with you, the child may be eligible even if you are not because your income and resources will not count for the child.

In general, you should apply for Medicaid if you have limited income and resources. You must match one of the descriptions below. (Even if you are not sure whether you qualify, if you or someone in your family needs health care, you should apply for Medicaid and have a qualified caseworker in your state evaluate your situation.)

Pregnant Women

Apply for Medicaid if you think you are pregnant. You may be eligible if you are married or single. If you are on Medicaid when your child is born, both you and your child will be covered.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have known many women in the military (spouses) who are green card holders who use WIC - I myself have been told that I would be eligable for it if I were to get pregnant. I don't see why it would be any different for non-military.

"Can noncitizens get WIC?

Yes, noncitizens can get WIC. All noncitizens, including undocumented noncitizens, who meet the eligibility requirements can get WIC benefits.

No one from WIC will ask about your immigration status. Getting WIC benefits will not make you a public charge and will not hurt your chances of becoming a legal permanent resident."

Edited by JamalNTam

OUR K-1 VISA JOURNEY

K1 Application

12-01-2006 I-129F sent priority USPS to CSC ... the real journey begins! (Day 1)

12-06-2006 NOA1 (Day 4)

03-05-2007 NOA2 - YAY!! (Day 89))

05-04-2007 INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED! (Day 149)

05-10-2007 Visa received (Day 155)

05-17-2007 ARRIVED IN PHOENIX (Day 162)

05-25-2007 Applied SSN

06-04-2007 Received SSN in the mail

06-14-2007 Passed driving test and now have my license

07-12-2007 MARRIED

07-24-2007 Changed name with SSA

AOS

05-31-2007 Appointment with Civil Surgeon for I-693A

07-16-2007 AOS sent to Chicago (received 07-18) (Day 1)

07-27-2007 NOA1 date (received 8/1) (Day 9)

07-30-2007 Check cashed (Day 12)

08-14-2007 Biometrics (Day 28)

11-29-2007 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!! (Day 131) APPROVED

12-11-2007 Greencard Received

ROC

09-01-2009 I-751 sent to VSC (received 09-03) (Day 1)

09-04-2009 NOA Date (received 09-14) (Day 4)

09-08-2009 Check Cashed (Day 8)

10-05-2009 Biometrics @ Jackson MS (received 09-24) (Day 35)

01-08-2010 10 Year Greencard approved

01-19-2010 10 Year Greencard received

glitterfy011155737dkj7.gif glitterfy011545702wxh7.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The program is intended to help ensure the birth of a healthy child, and to care for that child thereafter. It does so in part by making certain the mother receives appropriate medical care.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Is that an issue, when like me a pregnant woman for some reason my husband don't have insurance for me yet because his company has a crappy health insurance. We decided to get into their programs like MOMS or Medicaid which is a government assistance for pregnant women. will that affects my future application for removal of conditional residency?

Please i really need your help on this to those who have encountered of such issue. I would highly appreciate your cooperation..

Thank you very much

I would see if there is a state funded health care insurance through you state that you pay based on your salary. I know there is different insurance out there like that, but you need to find out what your state calls it. In any event I pray that you have a healthy and happy baby, and that your health will be fine.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

You can use WIC with no problems (it's means tested but NOT goverment funded). You can also use private not for profit services for your medical care. You can also apply for emerngcy medicare when it comes time to give birth. You apply for that like the day of or day after birth. You are allowed to apply for that but nothing else. This will save you $20,000+....the cost of the birth and hospital visit and all related cost for your hospital visit. My wife ended up being in the ICU after giving birth and our grand total was over 50k....all paid for by emegency medicare. Your able to get medicare for your child also as the AOS doesnt apply.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

There was a link I read on USCIS website in the past which stated what did and did not count as benefits that are not allowed to PR's but it said something about benefits that are for cash or cash like benefits are not allowed but ones that assist such as WIC are allowed - it had a list of them, I will see if I can find it.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

I found the link:

• Aliens who are LPRs (who already have a "green card") –

o LPRs cannot lose their status (have their "green card" revoked) if they, their children, or other family members use:

HEALTH CARE, FOOD PROGRAMS, or other NON-CASH PROGRAMS

CASH WELFARE (* see note below for exception)

LONG-TERM CARE (* see note below for exception)

here is the link from uscis website:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/Public.pdf

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.