Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
I was going to redecorate what will become the little boy's room and she said not to so we can do that together. So I will just repaint some of the rooms (it is time to do that regardless) and I will let her redecorate the house. I have read where this is suggested so they have some connection and don't feel so foreign.

Baron no matter how you decorate, she will want to change it. Accept it and move on.

Yes, I know that. I'm just applying the base paint coat, spackle the old painting holes, etc.

This will also give her something else to do while she brushes up on her English.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
NOA1 hard copy came in the mail. So now I feel more official :P

As did mine. It's dated July 8th, received it on Monday. Now we wait. and wait and wait. and clean the basement, then wait some more.

It's just a piece of paper, but damn if I wasn't giddy when it finally arrived!

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Congrats to both Zor and Jonathan.

Now the race begins. Have fun, ask questions, and remember its all worth it.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

I was going to redecorate what will become the little boy's room and she said not to so we can do that together. So I will just repaint some of the rooms (it is time to do that regardless) and I will let her redecorate the house. I have read where this is suggested so they have some connection and don't feel so foreign.

Baron no matter how you decorate, she will want to change it. Accept it and move on.

Yes, I know that. I'm just applying the base paint coat, spackle the old painting holes, etc.

This will also give her something else to do while she brushes up on her English.

Another Vjer I know left the paint unfinished for the exact same reason, and got clipped points because the house needed so much work! I guess you can't win that one either (big surprise right?).

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Another Vjer I know left the paint unfinished for the exact same reason, and got clipped points because the house needed so much work! I guess you can't win that one either (big surprise right?).

That is a wonderful theory, better yet do nothing, tell he you did, that way she wont even ask for help. Then you can go hide under the couch with dima's man.

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

That is a wonderful theory, better yet do nothing, tell he you did, that way she wont even ask for help. Then you can go hide under the couch with dima's man.

dima's the husband who's under the couch. when i, amber, his wife, nudged him- his toes wiggled, so he's still camping out til the greencard arrives :clock:

dima's the husband who's under the couch. when i, amber, his wife, nudged him- his toes wiggled, so he's still camping out til the greencard arrives :clock:

Sorry I cant tell you two apart. :wacko:

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

What? :unsure:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

What? :unsure:

Sorry ambers man but who can tell :devil:

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Dug up this thread, as I didn't want to start a whole new one to say I got the NOA2 today at 1:15am.

I had checked the site before I went to work (work nights) and just a touch....

I doubt it, but it kinda makes me smile to think some hard working USCIS adjudicator was up waiting to finish my case, lol.

Anyway, thanks a lot to this site and many of you members who helped answer (directly and indirectly) all the question spinning around in my head.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The ride will be over before you know it. I remember worrying and fretting that everything would get screwed up somehow and we would never be together, but it didn't take very long. It seems like just yesterday that I sent off the I-129 paperwork and now my wife is a U.S. citizen. Just don't worry too much and everything should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.