rebeccajo

Driving lessons

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I can understand this, I am a passenger seat driver ( lol ) . My husband has been driving for years, however sometimes when he is driving he pulls over gets out and hands me the keys. Hmm Why? Cause I drive him crazy. So even when he does start driving I feel you will still be the main driver when you go out.... Good Luck :)

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
wait a second. the consort to the queen is only 46? :blink:

That's right!

:o you cradle robber! :P

I wanted somebody who could clean up after me when I start drooling.........

he's younger than i am! :blush:

JEAN IS LEARNING THE DRIVING SKILLS ON A TRACTOR. :devil: something nice and slow, only has problems with certain obstacles. utility pole, house, dog house, garage, etc,etc,etc.......................... :whistle:

sounds like she needs more practice on the riding mower :thumbs:

I have actually given up trying to teach Ruchie how to drive. The near misses and my life flashing in front of my eyes have taken its toll on me. :wacko: I honestly don't have the patience nor the money to replace my truck. One day I will hire an instructor to do what I wasn't able to do.

you gonna give the rest of us advance notice before she takes to the road? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

tell me that I will not die from this experience..........................

Most crash tests are done at about 35 mph. If your car has a pretty good safety rating, you're likely only putting your car in danger. (crash tests being for people's survival,not cars) Freeway driving may be more dangerous because it is faster, but the rules are fairly simple - so supposed to have less unexpected things (like red light runners or turning cars) to happen.

I encouraged Nik to drive while he was here for 3 months, and as I was under 25 when we went to Hawaii he had to do all the driving for half the trip there as well.

He did alright, though I had to give special attention to which lane he was in as he hasn't gotten the automatic connection of "I want to turn left next ---> I should move into the left lane" since most of the roads he has driven on do not have more than one lane.

Also, "Red means stop, but I can turn right on red?!" combined with which way he should look (as it's backwards). And who all left hand turns on green are supposed to yield to required extra thinking.

Have you guys given much thought to buying an older used car for him to learn some skills on? A lot of the reactions are just practice practice practice, and it can't be comfortable when you're grabbing onto the handles every time he does something because you're over protective of the car...

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

wait a second. the consort to the queen is only 46? :blink:

That's right!

:o you cradle robber! :P

I wanted somebody who could clean up after me when I start drooling.........

he's younger than i am! :blush:

JEAN IS LEARNING THE DRIVING SKILLS ON A TRACTOR. :devil: something nice and slow, only has problems with certain obstacles. utility pole, house, dog house, garage, etc,etc,etc.......................... :whistle:

I have actually given up trying to teach Ruchie how to drive. The near misses and my life flashing in front of my eyes have taken its toll on me. :wacko: I honestly don't have the patience nor the money to replace my truck. One day I will hire an instructor to do what I wasn't able to do.

you gonna give the rest of us advance notice before she takes to the road? :unsure:

Your safe Charles as long as we stay out of Leavenworth. We come up there twice a year to visit my Mom and Dad's graves. I will give you advance notice when we make the trip. Don't want her to kill any Kansas residents.... :lol:

Filed: Timeline
Basically, I need to hear again from those of you with spouses who didn't drive before coming to the US to tell me that I will not die from this experience...

Whatever you do, do not give driving lessons yourself. Nani is now driving - not too far and not too much but she's driving. Rarely with me in the passenger seat, though. She had driving lessons back in '06 and got her DL that year, too. Hasn't been driving much since but I've been pushing a bit more lately for her to go out and drive. That seems to help.

Just be patient but do push if you DH doesn't seem to push himself. Around here, one has got to get behind the wheel.

Riding mower was a good start for me... I remember, when I first tried it, I lost control and ran over a 50-ft. long newly bought garden hose neatly coiled on the corner of our deck. :blush: Can't forget the horror on my husband's face. :whistle: But I am better in mowing now since I know now how to drive. Oh, I also used riding mower to practice backing.

Hang in there, Danny... she'll get better. When you go back here in Springfield someday, I will let her ride my mower. :thumbs:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Riding mower was a good start for me... I remember, when I first tried it, I lost control and ran over a 50-ft. long newly bought garden hose neatly coiled on the corner of our deck. :blush: Can't forget the horror on my husband's face. :whistle: But I am better in mowing now since I know now how to drive. Oh, I also used riding mower to practice backing.

Hang in there, Danny... she'll get better. When you go back here in Springfield someday, I will let her ride my mower. :thumbs:

Mae, you must not care about your mower? They can be really expensive to replace... :D Just make sure she has 100 acres to do that!!!! :P