yourhulu

Feel very unfairly treated

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
If you have both your NO1 and your NOA2 already I am jealous and don't think you should be complaining about being treated unfairly.

However I have to add my 10 cents which you probably don't care to hear.

There are plenty of people on here who have been treated unfairly by the US immigration system (look at my timeline, peak into the 6months + waiting club or simply find estiada and you will see what I mean) there is really no "fairness" in this system. And sadly as horrible as it sounds, nothing you can really do about that treatment...

Chris,

If anyone whould have a reason to complain about the way things were handled you are on that list...!

Best of luck in court...

Chris & Mara......

What is your lawyer filing? Writ of Mandamus?

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
As more I explored here, I noticed every one get their NOA1 in less than 10 days.

I don't know why only ours, sent petition on 6 April, get phone call three days later say we need submit another form. Mailed to them again on around 22 April, however, we get NOA2 on 6 June which said our petition was received on 24 May.

I don't know where our petition was during 22 Apirl to 24 May. As we definitely mailed it by Fedex...

Now we are stuck....should be two months ealier...

Don't know what we can do? Feel very disappointed about US government and very unfairly treated. :crying:

Your post and your timeline dont match.. did you get your NOA2 in June as stated here or the NOA1 in June as stated in the timeline? If you got your NOA2.. you are in better shape than most..

Which is it??????

Why not match?

I129 sent on 6 April

Get call in one week, need more forms

Recent on around 22 Apirl

then received NOA1 7 June.

Then get nothing till now

I always remember the tears in your eyes, in my eyes, when we are in the airport.

Our timeline:

2 April, Send I129 petition

7 April, Got phone call, asked for some other documents.

24 May, See NOA1 online.

6 June, Received paper P1

21 Aug, See approval on website.

28 Aug, received paper P2.

31 Aug NVC mailed out to consulate.

18 Sep, Get phone call from consulate, confirm about mailing address.

25 Sep, received P3.

25 Sep, Send back P3.

28 SeP, Consulate received P3.

20 Oct, call DOS and got interview date: 19Nov

25 Oct, P4 received.

3 Nov, Medical Check

11 Nov, Medical Check Report Received and pick up my bf in airport.

16 Nov, My bf attend petitionor hour in consulate

19 Nov, Interview approved.

22 Nov, Visa package arrived.

7 Dec, Fly with my bf together back to US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
If you have both your NO1 and your NOA2 already I am jealous and don't think you should be complaining about being treated unfairly.

There are plenty of people on here who have been treated unfairly by the US immigration system (look at my timeline, peak into the 6months + waiting club or simply find estiada and you will see what I mean) there is really no "fairness" in this system. And sadly as horrible as it sounds, nothing you can really do about that treatment...

I am so sorry to read your timeline.....If I were you, I will do the same, to solve it on the court. Too bad!! I didn't get NOA2, we are not that lucky. We got our NOA1 almost 40 days after we sent our I129

I always remember the tears in your eyes, in my eyes, when we are in the airport.

Our timeline:

2 April, Send I129 petition

7 April, Got phone call, asked for some other documents.

24 May, See NOA1 online.

6 June, Received paper P1

21 Aug, See approval on website.

28 Aug, received paper P2.

31 Aug NVC mailed out to consulate.

18 Sep, Get phone call from consulate, confirm about mailing address.

25 Sep, received P3.

25 Sep, Send back P3.

28 SeP, Consulate received P3.

20 Oct, call DOS and got interview date: 19Nov

25 Oct, P4 received.

3 Nov, Medical Check

11 Nov, Medical Check Report Received and pick up my bf in airport.

16 Nov, My bf attend petitionor hour in consulate

19 Nov, Interview approved.

22 Nov, Visa package arrived.

7 Dec, Fly with my bf together back to US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
As more I explored here, I noticed every one get their NOA1 in less than 10 days.

I don't know why only ours, sent petition on 6 April, get phone call three days later say we need submit another form. Mailed to them again on around 22 April, however, we get NOA2 on 6 June which said our petition was received on 24 May.

I don't know where our petition was during 22 Apirl to 24 May. As we definitely mailed it by Fedex...

Don't know what we can do? Feel very disappointed about US government and very unfairly treated. :crying:

Your post and your timeline dont match.. did you get your NOA2 in June as stated here or the NOA1 in June as stated in the timeline? If you got your NOA2.. you are in better shape than most..

Which is it??????

Why not match?

I129 sent on 6 April

What I bolded above is what did not match.. you said originally you got NOA 2 on June 6.. your timeline did not match that...

It happens that files get "lost" as happened to Chris.. twice... not unfair.. just a crappy system...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Which is it??????

Why not match?

I129 sent on 6 April

What I bolded above is what did not match.. you said originally you got NOA 2 on June 6.. your timeline did not match that...

It happens that files get "lost" as happened to Chris.. twice... not unfair.. just a crappy system...

Probably just a typo or misunderstanding. He doesn't have an NOA2 yet, just an NOA1. Based on the treatment he described, everybody who had their petition returned as incomplete has been unfairly treated, not him. Maybe this is the kind of treatment we can expect in the future.

The people I feel sorry for are the ones who got prompt NOA1 but their case number shows as invalid in the online system.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Chris,

If anyone whould have a reason to complain about the way things were handled you are on that list...!

Best of luck in court...

Thank you for your kind words Scott, and yes it would appear that USCIS is a master at "just losing things"

Chris,

Best of luck in court...

Chris & Mara......

Basically yes, on the bascis that USCIS hasn't done their job. Our lawyer seems very confident about it (and he was an old Collage buddy of Chris' so we think he is definitely legit).

ahulovesjohn - sorry to hijack your thread! Sometimes things just take longer, hopefully this is only step in your process they stuffed up and everything else from here will be smooth sailing.

Pushbrk - As our timeline shows we received our NOA1 a week after our case, however we never actually got it in the mail, it took several months of tracking it down to finally receive it in about Jan/Feb this year, when we did we had that issue, the case number on the NOA1 didn't work and wasn't in the system. The moment we got suspicious and upset about what was happening.

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: Other Timeline

Chris,

Best of luck in court...

Chris & Mara......

Basically yes, on the bascis that USCIS hasn't done their job. Our lawyer seems very confident about it (and he was an old Collage buddy of Chris' so we think he is definitely legit).

Ah, very good. Federal court then.

Should be interesting. I do think you have a legitimate claim.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

*nods* As my sig mentions our case goes to court on Wednesday and there will be one of two results.

1) our case will be answered that day

or

2) USCIS can ask for a recess of up to 4 days, which would mean we would get some sort of answer Monday or Tuesday next week.

I hope its the 1st one, they have had plenty of time to mull it over already in my opinion.....

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Slight exageration... personally it took mine a little over two weeks. I know several others who had the same luck.

I don't know why only ours, sent petition on 6 April, get phone call three days later say we need submit another form.

Consider yourself lucky most people wouldn't get a phone call they would wait 3 months and then get an rfe at least, at worst their entire package could be shipped back without an explanation.

Mailed to them again on around 22 April, however, we get NOA2 on 6 June which said our petition was received on 24 May.

That's about right on par if you consider the phone call a verbal RFE.

Likely being processed and them doing your homework for you.

Define stuck, I would say now you are educated. Do your homework and get it right the first time.

I'm sorry that you feel that way, I feel worse for the people who are stuck waiting months and months when they did everything right in the first place.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is not a process to set your watch by. Everyone has a slightly different experience. Just hang in there, focus on your task ahead, you will have many. Good Luck.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is not a process to set your watch by. Everyone has a slightly different experience. Just hang in there, focus on your task ahead, you will have many. Good Luck.

Only 83 days 6 hours 12 minutes and 9 seconds till I get my NOA2! :dance:

1 second later is unfair treatment!

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.