karenros

Picture requirements for N-400

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Is there a particular size that the USCIS wants the picture in or any passport size picture is alright?

Can i wear earrings when they take my picture cause if i am not mistaken i read somewhere on the uscis website tht shouldnt wear earrings...

can some one please confirm this for me..

Thanks,

Karen

I-751

1/12/08 - sent I-751 to TSC

2/7/08 - money order cashed

1/24/08 - Transferred to VERMONT

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

12/16/2008 finally Approved

N-400

12/03/08 Eligible to file N400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

11/07/09 Case sent to Local office for interview

11/23/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled ---Approved

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
Hi,

Is there a particular size that the USCIS wants the picture in or any passport size picture is alright?

Can i wear earrings when they take my picture cause if i am not mistaken i read somewhere on the uscis website tht shouldnt wear earrings...

Thanks,

Karen

In US passport size picture is ALWAYS 2x2 inches

Hi,

Thanks,

Karen

In US passport size picture is ALWAYS 2x2 inches

and WHT. background no earrings

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

thanks does it matter if my hair is tied or not???

I-751

1/12/08 - sent I-751 to TSC

2/7/08 - money order cashed

1/24/08 - Transferred to VERMONT

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

12/16/2008 finally Approved

N-400

12/03/08 Eligible to file N400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

11/07/09 Case sent to Local office for interview

11/23/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled ---Approved

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

Karen

From this very long link I got by searching for "photo requirements" on the USCIS website:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

It states

All Applicants for Naturalization must send the following items with their N-400 application:

Two identical color photographs, with your name and "A-number" written lightly in pencil on the back of each photo. For details about the photo requirements, see Part 5 of A Guide to Naturalization and the Form M-603 instructions. Do not wear eyeglasses or earrings for the photo. If your religion requires you to wear a head covering, your facial features must still be exposed in the photo for purposes of identification; and

So you are correct that you cannot wear earrings.

Good luck!

Dave.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Requirements are clearly spelled out in the Department of State website for passport style photos, no jewelry, better to leave your glasses off if you have them, and the one that really teed off my wife, no smiles. They have some kind of new software for facial recognition where smiles really screw it up, but that doesn't stop Abby or Tim on that TV show, NCIS, they can identify a person from a distorted low res photo from the back of their head.

I have fun being a transgressor, but not enough to really get into trouble, think that characteristic is wearing off my wife. Said I could take her photos when she was naked as only the neck and part of her upper chest will be shown, she elected to wear a turtleneck. That took the fun out of that. Then the earrings, her trademark with her hair pulled back, she fixed her hair down so you couldn't tell if she was wearing earrings or not. Smile was the worse, just show her a camera, and she smiles, you really don't need teeth for these photos. But I took a number of shots, from a sourpuss through a big smile. I selected what you could call, maybe, maybe not a smile with her lips very slightly upturned, but not really enough so you could call that a smile.

I proportioned her photo exactly to the DOS requirements and fit six of them on a 4 by 6 inch display, e-mailed that to Walgreens and had to lay out 19 cents. Two were mailed in with the application, and two were taken in with her interview just in case they lost them.

Big debate as to how and where to write your name and alien number, instructions said on the rear with light pencil, her IO said on the left hand margin in ink, we had a white space there so no problem. They were accepted, but did bring more with me, even with the sourpuss.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You are too paranoid - I just got pictures from the local walgreens at every stage of this game - K1, AOS, Removel, citizenship and passport - Never had a problem. Just one thing - Do not cover your face (as in a burqa - rest is Ok) - my wife has sent pictures with short hair, long hair, streaked hair, red hair, blond etc. etc. - They don't care and walgreens generally has a white screen they use as a background - you can wear earrings, nose rings whatever you like. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.