16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just received another RFE saying that based on our documents we don't exceed the 125% of the federal poverty line. To be honest, I knew I would come close seeing as I'm still a student and working at the same time. However to make sure I wouldn't get flagged I included a co-sponsor who has a SIX DIGIT INCOME.

They received W-2's, 1040's, pay stubs, letters from employers. I don't understand what's going on at all and I sense some foul play or just plain stupidity on someone's part. :dead:

As with last time I am still working on contacting a congressman to see if they can be of assistance, but I really don't know if they can do all that much.

Any suggestions?

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"

-Hunter S. Thompson

I just received another RFE saying that based on our documents we don't exceed the 125% of the federal poverty line. To be honest, I knew I would come close seeing as I'm still a student and working at the same time. However to make sure I wouldn't get flagged I included a co-sponsor who has a SIX DIGIT INCOME.

They received W-2's, 1040's, pay stubs, letters from employers. I don't understand what's going on at all and I sense some foul play or just plain stupidity on someone's part. :dead:

As with last time I am still working on contacting a congressman to see if they can be of assistance, but I really don't know if they can do all that much.

Any suggestions?

I'm sure there is not any foul play or stupidity you need to review your income and co-sponsor income his/her dependents,

self-employment and so on all this can lower that six digit income. The congressman will be of lil-help.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Maybe, they somehow lost his i-864 and only got yours?

I've got an rfe for a new i-693, which I know for a fact that we submitted. They also messed up on the household member income: my wife included my income + hers, and they requested a form i-864a to be filled out by me (which i know i don't have to, since i am the spouse, go figure). Give some more details, though :)

Any suggestions?

Probably not intentional foul play - but no doubt an abundance of stupidity.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I kinda had a similar problem and it turned out to be me not sending the birth certificate of the sponsor......So they said poverty level not meet because in my case the required documents were not submitted for the sponsor.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Any suggestions?

I surmise it is the work of stupidity on someone's part. What EXACTLY does the RFE say? Do not paraphrase, please duplicate exact wordking and then I can give you an exact answer.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Any suggestions?

At this point your case is held up by an RFE. A congressman can do nothing at this point. USCIS will simply say that your file was not complete and they are wating for your response to an RFE. The congressman cannot order them to process an incomplete file.

YOU need to tell us the exact request and we can help.

But here are some suggestions...

1. YOU need to submit a full and complete I-864 with income tax returns, wage verification, etc. SIGN the I-864 and the tax returns (many get an RFE just for this, if it is not signed it does not count)

2. Your co-sponsor, likewise, must submit a signed I-864 with tax returns, income verification and PROOF he is a US citizen or Legal Permanent resident (copy of birth certificate or passport) IF he does not do this, his I-864 does not count. This leaves only yours to be considered and you do not make enough money. This is another common reason for an RFE.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Any suggestions?

At this point your case is held up by an RFE. A congressman can do nothing at this point. USCIS will simply say that your file was not complete and they are wating for your response to an RFE. The congressman cannot order them to process an incomplete file.

YOU need to tell us the exact request and we can help.

But here are some suggestions...

1. YOU need to submit a full and complete I-864 with income tax returns, wage verification, etc. SIGN the I-864 and the tax returns (many get an RFE just for this, if it is not signed it does not count)

2. Your co-sponsor, likewise, must submit a signed I-864 with tax returns, income verification and PROOF he is a US citizen or Legal Permanent resident (copy of birth certificate or passport) IF he does not do this, his I-864 does not count. This leaves only yours to be considered and you do not make enough money. This is another common reason for an RFE.

Gary, dude, are you living in an internet cafe' :lol: Posting like crazy even while on vacation in Ukraine :thumbs: Seriously though - let's hear the detail! How is the economy and prices over there.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

alright. Things the RFE asked for.

1: IRS forms 1040s. they claimed the W-2's weren't enough, however they didn't ask for this on the last RFE.

2: Birth Certificates or Passports for me and co-sponsor. However I already sent them these twice along with all other forms of I.D. we have such as Millitary ID, Drivers license, and Social Security cards.

3: Bank Statements for the past 12 months. which is a packet about 5 inches thick.

All we're really concerned about right now is her EAD. she's bored and has sat at home for the past 7 months. Would anyone object that a woman with a Masters Degree would be less of a potential burden on the government if they would let her work?

I work at a hospital where I've seen people get fired simply for documenting a medication ONE minute late. I probably go through more paperwork in a night than these people do in a week.

Anyway, I'm through ranting because I know it does no good.

Thanks for all the help guys. :)

-Hunter S. Thompson

alright. Things the RFE asked for.

1: IRS forms 1040s. they claimed the W-2's weren't enough, however they didn't ask for this on the last RFE.

2: Birth Certificates or Passports for me and co-sponsor. However I already sent them these twice along with all other forms of I.D. we have such as Millitary ID, Drivers license, and Social Security cards.

3: Bank Statements for the past 12 months. which is a packet about 5 inches thick.

All we're really concerned about right now is her EAD. she's bored and has sat at home for the past 7 months. Would anyone object that a woman with a Masters Degree would be less of a potential burden on the government if they would let her work?

I work at a hospital where I've seen people get fired simply for documenting a medication ONE minute late. I probably go through more paperwork in a night than these people do in a week.

Anyway, I'm through ranting because I know it does no good.

Thanks for all the help guys. :)

I thought the 1040s were a standard part of the packet. As to number three, it seems reasonable (although late) to ask for bank statements. Hold on... do they want statements for your cosponsor?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

well if they wanted them for my sponsor they didn't get them. besides, it costs 5 bucks per month to print them off and I'm not made out of money.

still waiting as of this point. I'm thinking they will be ... rude... and wait until the end of the 3 months to send it... if they actually approve this time.

We'll see.

-Hunter S. Thompson

well if they wanted them for my sponsor they didn't get them. besides, it costs 5 bucks per month to print them off and I'm not made out of money.

still waiting as of this point. I'm thinking they will be ... rude... and wait until the end of the 3 months to send it... if they actually approve this time.

We'll see.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out :thumbs:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.