ladysoul

Emplyment Authorization?

24 posts in this topic

well, if one gets that temporary stamp, you go right into the system for an EAD.

if you wait to change status...yes, you have a wait

OP asked about the POE stamp to work. which they are suppose to give. our experience was smooth sailing with the temporary stamp. if it is not offered, ask for it!

"""You will be eligible for a Social Security Card when you arrive, but noone is allowed to hire you until you get and EAD. You can't get an EAD until after you get married and file for AOS. You can submit the EAD application at the same time as AOS or after. You can expect the EAD to take 2 - 3 months after you file."""

umm, no...

one can get a stamp at POE in passport that allows one to work....which my husband received in cinncinati when he came in on a K1. EAD then arrived 3 months later in the mail

Cincinnati gives the temp EAD stamp?

they did in 2004..did not even have to ask.

POE are suppose to give them...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
well, if one gets that temporary stamp, you go right into the system for an EAD.

That is not correct. Receiving a temp stamp does nothing to expedite your EAD process.

Filed: Timeline

Having a temp EAD stamp will not speed up your application for EAD that you submit with AOS.... the temp EAD is only valid for 90 days... if you have not received the 1 year EAD by that time (most dont ) you will have to stop work and wait until you have the 1 year EAD.....

Not all POE's will give you the stamp but some do.....

Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
OP asked about the POE stamp to work. which they are suppose to give. our experience was smooth sailing with the temporary stamp. if it is not offered, ask for it!

It's my understanding that in the last year, most POEs have phased this out. My DH came through Chicago in 10/05 and was literally laughed at when he asked for a temp EAD. He took out the immigration book we had to show them why he was asking and they laughed harder. Definately not a happy welcome to America.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

they did in 2004..did not even have to ask.

POE are suppose to give them...

Didn't know that! Wow.

Also I have sigs turned off. :blush:

Thanks all for clarifying.

SA4userbar.jpg

That is not correct. Receiving a temp stamp does nothing to expedite your EAD process.

i stand corrected. had filed AOS 11/04, rec'd 1 year EAD the end of 12/04

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't believe it will hurt anything to ask.

When I went through a land crossing from BC, Canada to Washington State last July and they offered me the EAD stamp (actually asked me if I had filled in the I-765 for it...I hadn't so didn't get the stamp...but they would have given it to me).

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

It took Claudeth about 75 days to get an EAD.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.