Betti

I-693 in Austin, TX?

13 posts in this topic

Hi y'all,

I will get married on August 8th and try to get the AOS papers all filled out beforehand, so I can just send out the application right after the wedding.

I was trying to find a civil surgeon in Austin, TX for the I-693 part of the AOS, and would like to ask if anyone here has a good recommenadtion on where to go?

I looked up the list of civil surgeons online, and started calling different offices to make a price check, but was unlucky in reaching most of them. Dr. Arnold stated a price of $420, if I still need all the vaccinations, "something around $240" if I have all of them. That sounded a bit pricey to me, but then I don't really have any idea how much it should cost.

Any tips for me?

Thank you!

Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars...

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012
Received BBG from Germany in 02/2013

Passed N-400 interview and civics test 06/07/2013

Oath ceremony some time in July

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi y'all,

I will get married on August 8th and try to get the AOS papers all filled out beforehand, so I can just send out the application right after the wedding.

I was trying to find a civil surgeon in Austin, TX for the I-693 part of the AOS, and would like to ask if anyone here has a good recommenadtion on where to go?

I looked up the list of civil surgeons online, and started calling different offices to make a price check, but was unlucky in reaching most of them. Dr. Arnold stated a price of $420, if I still need all the vaccinations, "something around $240" if I have all of them. That sounded a bit pricey to me, but then I don't really have any idea how much it should cost.

Any tips for me?

Thank you!

We had the shots done at our local county health department. They were free for our daughter which was series of 9 shots.The cost for my wifes was 20 bucks for the 3 follow up shots.

The only problem I had was having them understand where to stamp & sign the forms I took.

There were no problems at the AOS interview.

Hi y'all,

Any tips for me?

Thank you!

OOps

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
We had the shots done at our local county health department.
Shots there are quite reasonably priced. Take care, though -- we were asked (I perceived with some suspicion) "Are these for immigration purposes?" I'd been advised that this might be a question, so I said, "Eventually, they will be part of that, but we need them immediately for..." (and I named a couple of plausible medical reasons). They relaxed, sold us the shots, and added the information and their official stamp to the vaccination record from Ecuador that we had brought with us.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi y'all,

Any tips for me?

Thank you!

We went to a public clinic by Webberville (needs appointment). They gave me four shots for $10 and added my previous vaccine record of my medical from my country. Had it all transcribed for $20 by Dr. Arnolds . But I got RFE and was asked to have another medical, did it with Dr. Arnolds again for $240.

Edited by honey_me

Thank you for your responses!

So it's the most inexpensive way to get the shots at a normal doctors office and then go to the civil surgeon for the I-693?

And the $240 are a normal price for it, too, right?

Thanks again!

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thank you for your responses!

So it's the most inexpensive way to get the shots at a normal doctors office and then go to the civil surgeon for the I-693?

And the $240 are a normal price for it, too, right?

Thanks again!

No. The most inexpensive way is free at a county health department. Ours had no problem doing them for immigration purposes.

I have just found out that Pro Med South here in Austin does it for $177, if I don't need any vaccinations. And I think I have them all. Yay!

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012

Thank you!

AOS completed in 11/2009

ROC completed in 06/2012

• 3 years later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

In Texas at least, there was recently a cut in funding of county health departments resulting in a rules change so that adults can only get subsidized immunizations if they're uninsured (if you're insured but the insurance doesn't cover immunizations, you're out of luck). Here's the info for Austin http://www.austintexas.gov/department/immunizations My civil surgeon told us to lie about our insurance to the county health department but we figured it was best to do it by the book and paid $150 for the shots.

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Just to update this post:

We recently went to the Pro Med on South Lamar. We needed the full physical and all the vaccinations.

We paid $144 to Pro Med for the physical. And then they recommended we go to the County Services for the vaccinations because it only costs $10. We then took the results back to Pro Med and got our sealed I-693 packet.

It took a several days of running back and forth for everything, but it was pretty straight forward.

County Services did tell us that we could not use them if we did not have insurance like the post above stated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.