Rainschild

Medical for K1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Romania
Timeline

I have a silly question, but I hope I'll find an answer here.

I know at the medical exam they test for drugs also and if found this might be grounds for inadmisibility. I've recently been to a party and some people there smoked pot. I haven't of course, in fact I left as soon as they started smoking, but I can't help but think that I might have possibly inhaled some from the smoke floating in the room and that it might show up at the medical.

Do you think it is possible? Am I overreacting?

First of all, who are these people and when/where are they having their next party...? :innocent:

Secondly (and seriously) you're talking about second-hand smoke along with the fact that your interview will still be a ways off (at least month or longer), you'll be fine. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You will be fine. If you had been in a small enclosed room for hours with tons of smokers, there may be something to worry about, but as there was only some smoking and you left soon after, you'll be fine.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thank you for your responses. I guess I was overreacting, I did some reading online and found out I have nothing to worry about. I'm just a worry wart, I don't want anything to come in the way of me reuniting with my fiance.

Unless you admit to drug use there is not going to be any "test" anyway. I don't know of many that even have admitted to any use of drugs get tested. If you've used drugs at any time in your life though, which you would answer yes to at the interview (that's where they ask the question), then you'd be inadmissible and would submit a waiver.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Unless you admit to drug use there is not going to be any "test" anyway. I don't know of many that even have admitted to any use of drugs get tested. If you've used drugs at any time in your life though, which you would answer yes to at the interview (that's where they ask the question), then you'd be inadmissible and would submit a waiver.

Thank you for your response! There is no drug use in my past, so from this point of view I will not be telling a lie :innocent: Well unless you count blueberry muffins filled with poppy seed, like that episode in Seinfeld :)

Edited by rainschild2007

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you for your response! There is no drug use in my past, so from this point of view I will not be telling a lie :innocent: Well unless you count blueberry muffins filled with poppy seed, like that episode in Seinfeld :)

Both parties have to have medical records or only the fiance?

Both parties have to have medical records or only the fiance?

The beneficiary will have to have a medical, blood test, x-ray and vaccinations before having the interview in their home country. This is later in the process before the Embassy interview. You'll get details about that form the Embassy as well, as it has to be a complete medical by a US certified civil surgeon from a list the Embassy will give you, and is valid for one year.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.