833 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
Wanted to keep some action on our thread so that we move back to page 1 again. :star:

I do feel very fortunate that I am going to England in 33 days (countdown has begun). Skype has also been a big help. Great to see my honey on a weekly basis.

So, how did everyone meet their fiance's? I noticed some people do have their stories but others do not.

We met around Nov 1st last year at a pub in Dallas. Paul was visiting a friend and we randomly started talking. Then after many months, he came to visit in June and we had a great time. :thumbs: A couple of my friends kind of questioned the whole thing but I shared that I feel like he and I got to know each other considerably more than when you "normal" date someone. From my experience, a lot of dating becomes lets go here or here but not very much real communication. Anyway, one of my friends (questioning one) shared with me the other day she met someone where she lives and within 30 days they are talking about getting married so now she is whistling :whistle: a different tune. Meaning love comes many different ways and you just need to embrace it.

Have a great day everyone. Looking forward to spending the next 4/5+ months will all of you. :lol: Victoria

I love telling my story. It IS romantic (and I typically, am NOT). I met my fiance thanks much in part to my horrendous credit union! I planned a trip to Spain last year for 2 weeks (I had flights into Madrid, out of Barci, and a railpass valid for 6 days, and nothing else, that's how I plan!). When I arrived in Madrid, my bank card and one of only two credit cards I have didn't work. Then I realized that the one I did have was not taken at many places. (that and it had a 3% fee, and my pension had a 5% surcharge for using CCs instead of cash, so using it would quickly cause the trip to become much more expensive than planned if I didn't get it resolved). I was wondering aimlessly and getting very hungry on my 2nd day, credit cards not working. A handsome waiter asked if I would like to eat at this restaurant. I asked if they took my credit card, as I was hungry enough that I didn't care about the surcharges. He told me they did and he sat me at a table in his section of the restaurant. As he served me he asked questions about why I was alone and had only one credit card, where I was from, etcetera. He asked me what I was doing after I ate dinner, and I told him I had no plans, as I had no (little) money. He asked if I would like to go with him to a ‘discoteca’ (at this point I was picturing in my head a 70’s themed club with disco ball and all), but whatever, he was cute, and I had no other plans and I did not want to spend the little money I had. We never made it to the discoteca that night. Instead, we walked the streets of Madrid for hours, and shared our first kisses. He invited me to come meet him at his restaurant the next night and I did. That night, we did go to the discoteca and danced and talked all night (and I found out that it simply means dance club in Spanish). I decided to stay in Madrid one more night, because I wanted to spend more time with him. He took me to the train station the morning I was leaving. I had planned to go to Sevilla, Granada, the south coast, and then head to Barcelona and my return flight to the U.S.. He helped me get in the correct line to purchase my reservation to Sevilla. We spent many of the next minutes, kissing and hugging, not wanting to let go. He needed to get ready for work and left to go home and hurry to work. I broke down as soon as he walked away. I told him later it was then that I realized I had already fallen in love with him. I studied my rail schedule book, and decided that I would go to only Sevilla, then Granada, then catch a train straight from Granada to Madrid. I could stay in Madrid 2 more nights before heading to Barcelona for 2.5 days. I purchased the reservations and decided I was going to surprise him. He surprised me instead when I saw him running through the train station ~90 minutes later looking in every direction. When he saw me he told me he had to see me one more time, one more kiss before I left. He looked and smelled so good at that moment. I decided to tell him then that I was returning 4 days later for 2 more nights, and his face lit up. He met me at the train station when I returned to Madrid, and we had 2 amazing nights (he had to work during those days). When I left on the train the second time, I cried the entire train ride to Barcelona, not knowing when I would see him next. Thankfully I have had 3 other visits in the last 7 months for a total of 5 more weeks together, and we webcam/chat nearly everynight. Tonight I made a chocolate raspberry cake (baking competition tomorrow at work, and I want to win) and he was in the kitchen with me looking on, very disappointed that he wasn't going to get to eat any! I promised to make him one as soon as he arrives.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I love telling my story. It IS romantic (and I typically, am NOT). I met my fiance thanks much in part to my horrendous credit union! I planned a trip to Spain last year for 2 weeks (I had flights into Madrid, out of Barci, and a railpass valid for 6 days, and nothing else, that's how I plan!). When I arrived in Madrid, my bank card and one of only two credit cards I have didn't work. Then I realized that the one I did have was not taken at many places. (that and it had a 3% fee, and my pension had a 5% surcharge for using CCs instead of cash, so using it would quickly cause the trip to become much more expensive than planned if I didn't get it resolved). I was wondering aimlessly and getting very hungry on my 2nd day, credit cards not working. A handsome waiter asked if I would like to eat at this restaurant. I asked if they took my credit card, as I was hungry enough that I didn't care about the surcharges. He told me they did and he sat me at a table in his section of the restaurant. As he served me he asked questions about why I was alone and had only one credit card, where I was from, etcetera. He asked me what I was doing after I ate dinner, and I told him I had no plans, as I had no (little) money. He asked if I would like to go with him to a ‘discoteca’ (at this point I was picturing in my head a 70’s themed club with disco ball and all), but whatever, he was cute, and I had no other plans and I did not want to spend the little money I had. We never made it to the discoteca that night. Instead, we walked the streets of Madrid for hours, and shared our first kisses. He invited me to come meet him at his restaurant the next night and I did. That night, we did go to the discoteca and danced and talked all night (and I found out that it simply means dance club in Spanish). I decided to stay in Madrid one more night, because I wanted to spend more time with him. He took me to the train station the morning I was leaving. I had planned to go to Sevilla, Granada, the south coast, and then head to Barcelona and my return flight to the U.S.. He helped me get in the correct line to purchase my reservation to Sevilla. We spent many of the next minutes, kissing and hugging, not wanting to let go. He needed to get ready for work and left to go home and hurry to work. I broke down as soon as he walked away. I told him later it was then that I realized I had already fallen in love with him. I studied my rail schedule book, and decided that I would go to only Sevilla, then Granada, then catch a train straight from Granada to Madrid. I could stay in Madrid 2 more nights before heading to Barcelona for 2.5 days. I purchased the reservations and decided I was going to surprise him. He surprised me instead when I saw him running through the train station ~90 minutes later looking in every direction. When he saw me he told me he had to see me one more time, one more kiss before I left. He looked and smelled so good at that moment. I decided to tell him then that I was returning 4 days later for 2 more nights, and his face lit up. He met me at the train station when I returned to Madrid, and we had 2 amazing nights (he had to work during those days). When I left on the train the second time, I cried the entire train ride to Barcelona, not knowing when I would see him next. Thankfully I have had 3 other visits in the last 7 months for a total of 5 more weeks together, and we webcam/chat nearly everynight. Tonight I made a chocolate raspberry cake (baking competition tomorrow at work, and I want to win) and he was in the kitchen with me looking on, very disappointed that he wasn't going to get to eat any! I promised to make him one as soon as he arrives.

Awww, thank you for sharing your story. I was smiling as I was reading it. I am actually hungry thinking about that chocolate raspberry cake. :hehe: Spain is still on my to do list as well as Greece.

Going to sleep. :dance: Have a great day tomorrow.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Thank you for the stories. :)

I like reading you being so excited and so enthusiastic!

I have to admit something, of course I'm very impatient to start my life with my monkey (I don't call him monkey, that's how he calls himself!), but I also feel very excited about starting a new life in a new country.

A new job, new friends, new home, new everything! I can't wait to make new discoveries!

My monkey feels more concerned about it, he worries I get homesick, Delaware is not Paris, you'll get bored here, blablabla...

I've visited Delaware 3 times! 3x 3weeks or so. Beside the food, that "unlimited" space you have in the US, and the mood of people (yes, french people are always grumpy), life is not so different.

Victoria! I googled your man's area! Dear god, there's a huge gap between Lancashire and Texas! Ahahaha!

You're going to have lots of fun... and tea!

I need to confess something, there's only one thing that I'm scared of. Since I spent most of my life in Paris, well... I've never learnt how to drive. :x And there's no "metro" in Delaware! :P

We're not many people in this thread. I hope some more will join us soon! There's two days left!

Yoohoo, Vermont July '09 filers, where are you?!

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Timeline
I need to confess something, there's only one thing that I'm scared of. Since I spent most of my life in Paris, well... I've never learnt how to drive. :x And there's no "metro" in Delaware! :P

We're not many people in this thread. I hope some more will join us soon! There's two days left!

My fiance is worried about driving too! That's funny, it's the least of my worries. I am most worried about him being homesick. I am also worried about the first months, since he won't be able to work, he is always going, going, going, so I don't know how he will handle 3 months of nothingness. (I'm getting him a gym membership, and I can let him into the Disney parks while I am at work, but there is only so much to keep him entertained!)

I am hoping we have nobody on our thread only because there are so few people filing! Here's to wishful thinking!

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

Timeline

My fiance is worried about driving too! That's funny, it's the least of my worries. I am most worried about him being homesick. I am also worried about the first months, since he won't be able to work, he is always going, going, going, so I don't know how he will handle 3 months of nothingness. (I'm getting him a gym membership, and I can let him into the Disney parks while I am at work, but there is only so much to keep him entertained!)

I am hoping we have nobody on our thread only because there are so few people filing! Here's to wishful thinking!

We may have to look at the list of July Vermont Filers on Igor's list and start contacting them to join us. :star:

I think Craigy is all set to drive. Told him when he comes in October to visit that we will do a little test driving. My parents are actually going to Ireland the end of August and then meeting us in England so we can have some family time Labor Day weekend. They are renting a car to drive around Ireland and then one to get to Chatburn after they fly over. I shared with them the opposite side of car and road (think that is what it is) and my dad is up for the challenge. So we will see. :thumbs:

Very excited to see the March VSC people are starting to get approved. I can't imagine what the service center really looks like and how many people are working there. Must be crazy. Hmmm, since my dad is retiring, maybe I can ask him to get a part-time job up there to work on the July files. Will speak to him about that. :lol:

Thankful that tomorrow is Friday and then only 20 more work days until I am on the plane. Have a great day all. Victoria :luv:

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Timeline

NOA1 received today via snail mail - finally. Dated July 22. Now I finally know my case number. Whoo hoo!

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

Timeline

Actually it took me some time to find this "sub section" of the K1 forum.

Some people will probably join us later.

I got a new laptop today, it's the laptop I'm going to bring in the USA! I love it. :)

I'm already trying to sort my stuffs, and decide what I'm going to bring and what I'm going to get rid of.

BTW, I wouldn't mind spending 3 months at Disneyland!!! :P

Victoria, I read that your man asked your hand to you dad on Skype!!! That's so awesome!

Still I'm not sure I'd get in car driven by a freshly arrived brit' hrm.... Well american roads are large. :P

Gosh, this is going to end up like an old ladies tea parties. I'll bring the french pastries....

You girls have already been married before?

It's my first time!!!

I'll make my story short:

I met Aja at the end of 2004 while she was an au-pair. We met in a college class we were both taking. Aja left back to the Czech Republic a few months later (March 2005). We met again in October 2008 when I traveled to meet her family and to get engaged. Between 2005 and 2008, we used all known means of communications to keep in touch: e-mails, s-mails, MSN, Skype, phone, ...

We got engaged (actually we our marriage religious ceremony, so we are married but not legally), then we traveled to Vienna, Prague, Paris, then Marseille, where Aja got to meet my sister and her family. we stayed together 2 very short weeks.

Aja then visited me last March, she stayed with me for 3 wonderful months when we got to know each other better.

This is our short story.

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Timeline
I'll make my story short:

I met Aja at the end of 2004 while she was an au-pair. We met in a college class we were both taking. Aja left back to the Czech Republic a few months later (March 2005). We met again in October 2008 when I traveled to meet her family and to get engaged. Between 2005 and 2008, we used all known means of communications to keep in touch: e-mails, s-mails, MSN, Skype, phone, ...

We got engaged (actually we our marriage religious ceremony, so we are married but not legally), then we traveled to Vienna, Prague, Paris, then Marseille, where Aja got to meet my sister and her family. we stayed together 2 very short weeks.

Aja then visited me last March, she stayed with me for 3 wonderful months when we got to know each other better.

This is our short story.

Thank you for sharing your story. Very sweet. I am actually half Polish, quarter Czech and quarter Slovakian. Had te chance to go to Prague about 6 years ago. Beautiful city.

NOA1 received today via snail mail - finally. Dated July 22. Now I finally know my case number. Whoo hoo!

Awesome. :dance:

Timeline
Actually it took me some time to find this "sub section" of the K1 forum.

Some people will probably join us later.

I got a new laptop today, it's the laptop I'm going to bring in the USA! I love it. :)

I'm already trying to sort my stuffs, and decide what I'm going to bring and what I'm going to get rid of.

BTW, I wouldn't mind spending 3 months at Disneyland!!! :P

Victoria, I read that your man asked your hand to you dad on Skype!!! That's so awesome!

Still I'm not sure I'd get in car driven by a freshly arrived brit' hrm.... Well american roads are large. :P

Gosh, this is going to end up like an old ladies tea parties. I'll bring the french pastries....

You girls have already been married before?

It's my first time!!!

New laptop. :dance:

Yes, I want to go to Disneyland too. :thumbs:

Initially we were going to wait a couple months so that I could go to England and meet his parents and then he would fly back and talk to my dad but both of us were bursting with excitement. I said honey I do not think I can keep this happiness all bundled up and so the plans changed a bit. I don't know what he said to my dad but when my dad asked me to come back in the room all I heard was I am sorry Victoria but I am going to have to say no and I just started bawling. Of course Craigy was trying hard not to laugh on the computer screen but all I heard was no. Totally freaked my dad out (he probably wouldn't say this though but :yes: ), he was like no I am just kidding, it was a joke, we talked about it before you came in. Then my dad got all serious and said of course I said yes, Paul is a good man and he will take care of you. Aww, great story right? One to tell the grandkids. :star::luv: hee hee

Anyway, feeling good about letting him lose on the open road. Maybe he will let me drive when I go to England in 4 weeks. whoo hoo.

And to your other question. Nope, never have been married before, first time. Took awhile but great things come to those who wait. :luv:

Sleep well all. One more day down.

Timeline

I can't wait to see the August people, so we won't be the rookies anymore! :P

I gave up on the idea that some more people will join us.

We'll be the ladies of July and Ahmed.

Something like Ahmed's angels...! :jest:

Hi everyone! I can't help it! I read in one of the subforums that a petition was approved in 16 days! Wow, they are so lucky!!! It's a non-military application, and the couple underwent the same process as we did. And look how lucky they got! Good for them! Congratulations!

I wish it would be the same for us all. Hehe... In God's time anyway. Congrats again guys!

AOS Timeline

02/11/10 AOS, EAD and AP filed

02/23/10 NOA1 notice date

02/27/10 NOA1 hard copy received

02/26/10 change of address

03/03/10 ASC appt at local office on 03/18/10

03/09/10 Case transferred to CSC notified thru email

03/16/10 Received notice thru email (2nd time) & hard copy that CSC has rcvd application

03/17/10 (one day early as scheduled) Biometrics done

04/28/10 card production ordered for EAD (on document production status) and AP (post-decision act)

04/30/10 touch again for AP (post-decision activity)

05/04/10 received AP in mail

05/11/10 another touch on EAD & email received from USCIS stating card production ordered

05/22/10 EAD in mail... FINALLY!

08/12/10 AOS touch...

09/09/10 AOS touch...

09/10/10 called USCIS and got a service request for AOS application...

09/13/10 email and text notification... AOS APPROVED and card production notice at the same time!!!

09/20/10 received green card and welcome letter in mail.... at last!!!

Citizenship

11/07/13 sent N-400

11/13/13 NOA received

12/16/13 biometrics done

02/12/14 interview (approved)

??/??/?? oath ceremony

Hi everyone! I can't help it! I read in one of the subforums that a petition was approved in 16 days! Wow, they are so lucky!!! It's a non-military application, and the couple underwent the same process as we did. And look how lucky they got! Good for them! Congratulations!

I wish it would be the same for us all. Hehe... In God's time anyway. Congrats again guys!

Yes, I read that. They are lucky.

Edited by oldahmed

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

WOW!!! That's great!

That would really put a wrench (spanner for you over the pond folks :lol: ) in things for us. We're trying to time things so that Neil will get his Visa sometime in the May to July 2010 timeframe.

Event Date

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-06

I-129F Received VSC: 2009-07-08

I-129F check cashed: 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

So I am a bit of a numbers geek and granted it may be that people still haven't posted their timeline or they don't know about VJ, but when you look at the total number of applications, the volume starts to go down. I am wondering if many people start off the brand new year, hot off the holidays, to file and then the numbers slow down over the summer. I am looking at Feb/Mar/Apr/May total applications... (knowing that Jun/Jul way too soon). Regardless, I have made this my little mission to keep me sane. :star: I am hoping that there is less volume and therefore the backlog will be gobbled up quicker. :unsure: ummm, who knows.

Just FYI, I am ignoring the pesky 16 day applicant, strange anomoly, doesn't fit into my analysis. hee hee :dance:

Time to go to sleep.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.